Its Snowing!!!!!

Gonzo
I went out to get some drawings I've done printed, and they were closing. I got there just in time but the few inches of snow was too much. They had to send people home. So I walked around and took pictures of the Gorge and the galloping goose trail. It's so nice when it snows, but people in Victoria dont know what to do. All day I could hear sirings. Must of been alot of accidents today.

Gonzo
I went out to get some drawings I've done printed, and they were closing. I got there just in time but the few inches of snow was too much. They had to send people home. So I walked around and took pictures of the Gorge and the galloping goose trail. It's so nice when it snows, but people in Victoria dont know what to do. All day I could hear sirings. Must of been alot of accidents today.

Gonzo

peapod
Hey gonza I was on the goose trail today :P What part of town do you live in? I know its so much fun...people are going nuts :P I worked on a ski hill in kimberly for 5 years, so I lost my fear of snow. The best part was driving down the hill "sideways" The best part of it all is how kind people are, really I have never seen the neighbourhood more friendly. Its so strange to live in a city and there is no traffic....I heard it was going to be like this until wednesday.

peapod
Hey gonza I was on the goose trail today :P What part of town do you live in? I know its so much fun...people are going nuts :P I worked on a ski hill in kimberly for 5 years, so I lost my fear of snow. The best part was driving down the hill "sideways" The best part of it all is how kind people are, really I have never seen the neighbourhood more friendly. Its so strange to live in a city and there is no traffic....I heard it was going to be like this until wednesday.

peapod

Gonzo
I live right near the Goose. Gorge Rd. Lovely view of the water. I hope the weather stays like this. I love the snow. Everything slows down. It's okay to be a little late for work. Stores close. People stay home and relax. Love the winter. I couldn't live in a country with out it. We need to stop global warming before we loose our winters!

Gonzo
I live right near the Goose. Gorge Rd. Lovely view of the water. I hope the weather stays like this. I love the snow. Everything slows down. It's okay to be a little late for work. Stores close. People stay home and relax. Love the winter. I couldn't live in a country with out it. We need to stop global warming before we loose our winters!

Gonzo

Reverend Blair
Wanna hear something weird? The last two times I've been at this thread my neighbour has fired up his sled. How the heck does he manage that kind of timing?

Personally I think he's crazy...it's brutally cold outside. It's his bag he's freezing though, so what the heck?

That's something I bet you guys haven't got though...not a lot of call for snowmobiles once you get off the mountains out there.

Reverend Blair
Wanna hear something weird? The last two times I've been at this thread my neighbour has fired up his sled. How the heck does he manage that kind of timing?

Personally I think he's crazy...it's brutally cold outside. It's his bag he's freezing though, so what the heck?

That's something I bet you guys haven't got though...not a lot of call for snowmobiles once you get off the mountains out there.

Reverend Blair

Rick van Opbergen
And peapod, is it still snowing?

Rick van Opbergen

Rick van Opbergen

peapod
No its not snowing today ricky..it has stopped but its still not very nice out...we went out looking for a storm to watch today :P storm watching is big on the island...course we have always done it, but its just be become fashionable lately :P Nothing like a good old storm on the ocean ricky to remind you of just what a nothing you really are :P

Gonza the goose trail in my neighbourhood is around mackenzine and quadra I am right near swan lake. Galaniomama is closer to your end of town.

peapod
No its not snowing today ricky..it has stopped but its still not very nice out...we went out looking for a storm to watch today :P storm watching is big on the island...course we have always done it, but its just be become fashionable lately :P Nothing like a good old storm on the ocean ricky to remind you of just what a nothing you really are :P

Gonza the goose trail in my neighbourhood is around mackenzine and quadra I am right near swan lake. Galaniomama is closer to your end of town.

peapod

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Nothing like a good old storm on the ocean ricky to remind you of just what a nothing you really are

You should try a prairie thunderstorm, Peapod. Incredibly violent and very pretty.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Nothing like a good old storm on the ocean ricky to remind you of just what a nothing you really are

You should try a prairie thunderstorm, Peapod. Incredibly violent and very pretty.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

peapod
I did see one once, rev, in Moose Jaw ...you are correct it was compeletly awesome :P

peapod
I did see one once, rev, in Moose Jaw ...you are correct it was compeletly awesome :P

peapod

galianomama
hey.....it's been snowing all right. well, right now it's a beautiful sunny day, but mighty cold by victoria standards. trouble with this snow is when you wear your birkies outside, you have to double layer the socks. such a drag. they weigh you down when they get wet. yukky.

oh well, you can kinda 'ski' down the sidewalks in your birkies though. pretty cool.

galianomama
hey.....it's been snowing all right. well, right now it's a beautiful sunny day, but mighty cold by victoria standards. trouble with this snow is when you wear your birkies outside, you have to double layer the socks. such a drag. they weigh you down when they get wet. yukky.

oh well, you can kinda 'ski' down the sidewalks in your birkies though. pretty cool.

galianomama

Reverend Blair
You could try putting on a pair of winter boots. lol

Reverend Blair

Reverend Blair