Most annoying noise at nighttime!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I have been living in the city for 6 years now, I cannot get use to ambulances and police sirens all night long. It drives me crazy, and there is the cats....they sound like babies 8O.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Most annoying noise a

The most annoying night time noise around here is Bailey the cat. She goes up on the roof then stands by the bedroom window and meows to come in. You have to get up and take the screen off and let her in or she'll never shut up.

That only happens in the summer though.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well the cats around here...I dunno I think they have mental problems. They sound just like new born babies. Someone told me they only do that when they are in heat...yikes!!

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
OK what did the Evil Monkey say this time?! I'm not aware of any snoring by Victorius ... Do monkeys snore? ... My dad snores, that's just terrible, it just goes through the wall, it's like there's a highway running through our house. Anyway, we have learned to live with it. *sigh*

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well I guess snoring has never been an issue for me :p Now my nephews when they come to visit their thing is farting. Now what the hell is it with boys and farting....really its not that funny...yet this act of passing gas, gets them hysterical. I mentioned to them they should try using matches....wow this put me right up with harry potter in their eyes. :wink:

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Farting is fun! :p Not that I ever fart *looks innocent* but I've ehm heard that it is funny to crack one in a room with a lot of people without these people noticing it at first, and then walking away while you see the faces of them, you see them thinking "it smells like something rotten in here" :lol: That's just so great haha ... ehm so I've heard :p

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: My mother use to do this very trick in department stores. She would launch one of her silent missiles, and than act like a embrassed and shocked mother that her childern had such bad manners. Sheep being lead to slaughter. We were the innocent, accused of crimes againist humanity, when in fact it was our own "mother".

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Oh my uncle tried that excuse with his grandson ... The problem was though that his grandson shouted "It wasn't me, it was you!" ... Yes he was embarressed :mrgreen: The point is that when you're in a full bus for example, and one person farts (without any noise) it is hard to find out who did it, so we can make fun of that person ... sometimes people start to blush ... but sometimes people act like nothing happened, and that's frustrating, especially when the perpetrator has eaten chili con carne!

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
I got a real mouse in my bedroom.
Last night I awoke 2 or 3 times while hearing it investigate.

It is embarassing. Yuh know, I got a Class II licence in structural pest control and I got a damn mouse in my house.

I studied these rodents for 5 years. I know all their characteristics.

That mouse is goin' down! - tonight!

Calm

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
When I lived in Ottawa, a snow plough would always come to the mall parking lot beside my building at midnight. It drove me nuts. One night I actually got up, went down there and told him that everyone in the apartment was awake because of him. I was so pissed off, but when I got there he was this little french guy just doing his job. He told me his employer makes him come at this time of night so I took it down and he promplty drove away.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Oddly, I find the "little" noises most bothersome, especially when RV'ing in a campground. Just as you begin to drop off, there's that damn FLY over your head, flying and whacking into the window or wall....

bzzzzz - bonk! bzzzzz - bonk! bzzzzz - bonk!

Oh, and another thing: how the Hell does that ONE mosquito, in all the space of a 27 ft. 5th wheel, find that space about six inches over your ear to hover????

"Neeee-eeeeee-eeeeeee-eeeeee-eeeeee-eeeee!"

The bastard......