Caps being worn backwards?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
What do you assume about someone when you see them wearing a backwards cap?

Do you assume they are trying to be a gangster, or do you accept it as any other fashon statement people make every time they get dressed?
what kind of impression does a seeing a backwards cap make on you before you talk to them? Negative, positive, neutral?
Is the first thing you say "Sup homie"? Maybe they don't want a huge bill floating in front of their forehead. What your take on it?

Detroit

Jan 2, 2005
Someone wearing a baseball cap backwards is the norm. Now if you are talking about someone wearing a baseball cap till the left of to right that's something diffrent. Left-side Crips-side / Right-side Bloods -side.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
pea you wear your cap sideways and usually ass backwards. what are you talking about???? when you do wear a cap, and by the way it is usually pink, what does that mean? that you belong to a baby gang? chain gang? who decided on the name crips and bloods?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
pink?????? Wtf....you really know how to piss me off. Life is simple toque in winter, ball cap in summer....ehm..crips and blood...isn't that some kind of snack food....ya...you made some on halloween remember....those well done crackers with ketchup you trying to pass off as appy's.....oh and how about mile long pink scarf you wear all seasons 8O one could easily hang you in the nearest arbutus tree...ehm but they are protected aren't they???? the arbutus I mean...

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
yeah ricky, she does terrorize the neighbourhood, usually just by entering the subjected store......as far as the pink baseball caps go, don't be fooled by pea trying to make 'light' of this. she does wear that cap, even over to starbucks, that way they can see she is there to lead the way. (by the way - it is more of a fluorescent pink than actually a 'baby pink') ...... kinda like wearing a hunting cap. :twisted:

yeah, i have lots of great ideas for appys when friends drop by, the potato chips with ketchup always work well, hey - i don't hear anyone else complaining. just gives you a little gas. 8)

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
You people are getting weirder (and more interesting!) by the minute. A pink baseball cap? In Starbucks? Oeff... Is this her trademark? Imagining I've never seen a photo of the Big P., if I went to Victoria, I could recognize her by this pink baseball cap, her fast moves, her fascination for clowns, a female friend who only checks out the passing ladies, two cups of coffee in each of her hand, being no more than some 100 metres from the nearest Starbucks, a ... unique laugh and a fishing line?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
ehm...especially if you move into our neighbourhood ricky :p We gotta bit of everything. Psssst....ricky there is no way in hell I would ever wear a pink ball cap...you do know that right :wink:

Ricky do you have an idea how expensive fishing poles and their attachments are 8O No ricky I locked mine up, not carry them around :p

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
I don't know what to think peapod 8O :wink: ... I think I'll move to the US after all, Canada is far too freaky :twisted: (I'm joking of course, and yes, I know, British Columbia is the best place to live when you move to Canada, and taking in consideration Canada is said the best country to live in by the UN, BC must be the best place on earth! :mrgreen: )

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Caps being worn backw

I used to have a pink ball cap that said "Puerto Vallarta" on the front. It inspired me to teach a huge and violent german shepherd named Clyde that "Puerto Vallarta" meant it was time to howl for a Milk Bone. I still miss Clyde, she was a sweetie.

I have my black leather Saskatchewan Wheat Pool cap on exactly sideways right now...bill pointing west (right). Am I a Crip or a Blood or just some guy who lost his tractor?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The only time my cap is on sideways or backwards is when I happen to fall on my face. Thankfully,this only happens once in a blue moon.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
One of the best things about wearing a toque is you can't wear it backwards..you can always turn it inside out and wear it that way[and hardly anyone will notice.

Montana

Jan 6, 2005
New brunswick, Canada
I know some will kick my a$$ for saying this, but only the ones with the backwards hats. With that being said, I always thought people who wear their hats backwards look like punks. My son use to wear his hat that way and I hated it, but not as much as I hated those damn punk a$$ gumby pants. You know the ones that ride half way down their a$$ and drag on the ground.

Montana

Jan 6, 2005
New brunswick, Canada
I know some will kick my a$$ for saying this, but only the ones with the backwards hats. With that being said, I always thought people who wear their hats backwards look like punks. My son use to wear his hat that way and I hated it, but not as much as I hated those damn punk a$$ gumby pants. You know the ones that ride half way down their a$$ and drag on the ground.

Montana

Jan 6, 2005
New brunswick, Canada