Whats your new years resolution

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Here we go again, make and break promises to yourself :p I usually make them and break them, a few stuck. This year I am seriously going to get a motorcycle licence. I want a small motorcycle for city driving. I know women that have them and they love it. I am tired of being in car traffic it gets worse all the time. So what is your new years resolution?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Whats your new years

I don't generally make resolutions. I hope to find a deep-tillage cultivator and a single shared plough for my walking tractor, but that's more of a pipe-dream than a resolution.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Whats your new years

The secret is not to get into debt, Missile. Of course I don't know anybody who's managed that, but it is the secret.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
It's not as if I ever kept a resolution anyway. That's why I keep things simple and just attempt to not do something.The only thing I ever successfully gave up was drinking!

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I want a small motorcycle for city driving

pea - that's one scary thought. motorcycle and peas just don't mix well. pea soup so to speak. we need to talk further about this mad cap idea........although a little italian number (vispa?) might not be a bad idea. i've seen those floating around town alot lately, they even have a club you can join. now that would be fun. you could wear a harley hat and your big mama leather boots, whoo hooo, along with the mandatory long black coat you would look way too good!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: whats in your cornflakes this morning :p funny stuff :p Its a Vespa, and ya there are alot around here. It looks like a good way to get around. Strickly for transportation mode. I am not joining any club 8O and I am not wearing a long leather coat, I just want to get around easier, not become the matrix reloaded. :p :wink:

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
my nyr this year is.........um, i dunno yet. maybe loose weight? hmm, i tried that one last year but it didn't work. dammit. i dunno, spend more time sleeping. how 'bout more time shopping? beats me. i give up. what is my nyr???? tell me!! :cry:

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Has anyone here ever kept a New Year's resolution??? Or even know anyone who has???

I spent decades setting lofty goals for each year, optimistically leaping forward with them ... till about January 5th when I realized it was cold, snowing, I was miserable and retreated back into my afghan cocoon on the couch, cigarette in one hand, chocolate in the other, steaming coffee on the table, watching talk shows and reading junk food novels. And feeling like I failed at something.

Nope, not this year!! This year I intend to increase my cigarette, chocolate and caffeine intake. I plan to continue spending money without setting a budget and thus eating KD at the end of each month because of poor planning. I plan to avoid all exercise, unless it involves wearing down my relentless Jack Russell. I am going to wear my fur coat and stop pretending it is faux. I am going to streak my hair with that delightful bright orange colour that "approaching 50" females generally avoid. I'm going to get more piercings, more tattoos and, yes, more shoes. (Ok, gotta consult with the spouse on the shoes since that tends to be our one point of disagreement.) I'm going to get Peapod to teach me to car dance. I'm going to sleep in at every opportunity.

Ok, the one disagreeable thing I am going to do, is go through all my clothes and get rid of anything I haven't worn this season.

Other than that, I plan to enjoy 2005 to the fullest. Damn the diets, the bugets, the socially acceptable persona. Yippee!

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
peapod said:
ehm....are you going to wear purple and a red hat to :p

ehm ... ya, you left one of your toques here ... with the splatty thing on top! Can I borrow it? Goes good with the boots and fur coat....