Do you ever say things in other languages?

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Hey, first I have to warn you, this might sound weird. I noticed while walking the dog that I talk a lot of German to him - and the surprise is: I'm not German, I do have family in Austria but they are married into our family. It's not that I have complete conversations in German, but I say thinks like: "Kommen Sie mit" when my dog is sniffing everywhere; I call him "Hallo meine kleine Schlomo" (but Schlomo is not really German, I call him Schlomo because that looks at lot like the Dutch word of "sloom", which means "slow"). In the house, I often say "tschüss" or "Danke", such things. Most of the time I don't even notice it. Sounds weird eh.

So my question: are there others here who do the same thing, who - unnoticed - sometimes say things in other languages, to their pet or familymembers or just to themselves?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I used to talk to my dog in German, but I speak German so that's not important. A weird thing though, sometimes when I'm pissed at something or someone, I'll say "tabarnak!" "ostie, simonak!" and my fav "calvaire!!!!". They are Québécois curse words which are used everyday there ;)

sj007

Council Member
Nov 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
www.canadiancontent.net
i use all sort of language i use jerman when im extreemly pissed or when some one sneeses i use britsh expressions and french alot in school
no kiddin i go to a french school i pick up a couple words in other languages 2