Oh, those nutty Aussies....

Ten Packs
www.mytelus.com/sports/articl...icleID=1777383 (external - login to view)

(Shouldn't she change her name to Mianne Nobagger? )

Hendrixismyidol
I'm not sure how I feel about that decision. On one hand, she has the proper "equipment" to be on the female tour, but on the other, I don't think she's technically a female given her birth.

I guess allowing her entry is the good "PC" thing to do, but maybe it should have come to a poll of the current members of the tour to decide if they are comfortable with her being around?

LadyC
She's a she now. Where's she supposed to play? It's not like male athletes are going to whack off body parts they cherish to give themselves an advantage, right?

Prometheus
what is strangest to me is that the governing body actually had a rule stating "female at birth". Did they forsee something like this happening?

sj007
ne ways it a step in the right direction

Pemmican
What's the matter?!
If he's a she now, let her play golf at the female tour...

It'd be unfair only if (s)he played in both male and female tour *lol*

Rick van Opbergen
Although I agree that this is the right decision, one can claim - as Hendrixismyidol said - that she could have an advantage.

Pemmican
Specially talented and gifted people have advantages, too
What a boring world it'd be if everyone was the same...

LadyC
Quote: Originally Posted by Rick van Opbergen

Although I agree that this is the right decision, one can claim - as Hendrixismyidol said - that she could have an advantage.

But now she has boobs to contend with. Sometimes they just get in the way.

Ten Packs
GET in my way - I dare ya!

LMAO!!!!

Rick van Opbergen
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyC

But now she has boobs to contend with. Sometimes they just get in the way.

OK you win!

sj007
yea u do

Rick van Opbergen
You mean LadyC?

Cosmo
PC is a wonderful thing but I disagree with this decision. I think that when one is born physically a male, they come equipped with more than just that one appendage. Men are, generally, more muscular and stronger than women. Their bodies are, simply, built differently. To have that advantage in the sports world is, in my opinion, like an athlete taking drugs to enhance performance.

Until the sports world decides to stop dividing genders, that is, having everyone golf or shoot hoops or bat a tennis ball in the same competitions, I think the division need be respected. There are valid reasons for the divisions and being born into a male body firmly puts any athlete into that gender specific category in sports.

Iím totally sympathetic to transgendered people. I have met amazingly courageous transsexuals. I cannot even imagine how difficult it would have been for me if Iíd been born male. But no matter how you look at it, there is a physical difference.

Thatís my two cents worth. Although I like your comment Lady C ... I wish I were much more impaired in that department!!

sj007
does that mean they need a tour to themselves cosmo?

missile
We had a case in Vancouver where a tranny was refused a job at a rape crisis center because it was not born a female. It was suing for the right to get the job & hopefully,lost the case. In any sport,a man turned woman always has unfair advantages over the natural women involved in the game and should not be allowed to play . A League Of Their Own,eh, sounds like a movie title to me.

EmmaDibbs
The boob thing is sooooo right- guys you always complain that women can't through but you try throwing a ball with a giant pair of wabbling moon jellies on your chest and see just how far that ball goes without smashing the jellies!!!

Reverend Blair
I ran into that when I was trying to teach a...well endowed...woman to shoot pool. I ended up telling her to use a bridge. All the other guys were mad at me after that. I was even mad at myself. Looking at cleavage is much better than losing a game of eight-ball.

sj007
thats funny why dont i get to go to bars

LadyC
Quote:

Looking at cleavage is much better than losing a game of eight-ball.

So... what you're saying is all those times I was *ahem* using my cleavage to best advantage the guys knew exactly what I was doing?

Hmmmm....
Works for me.

sj007
do ppl bet on pool?

Kreskin
Random old thread bump.

Blackleaf
It's typical.

She didn't like being a man and so became a woman - and is now complaining that she is being told to live like a woman.

No, love. You're a woman. You play golf with the women now. You made your decision, sweetheart, and now you have to live with it.