Hi Peapod

Rick van Opbergen
OK, you'll be my Rasputin broahahaha ... And, I do have a person to blame now when it goes wrong :P ...

peapod
Hey I can dance to that tune......

There lived a certain man in Russia long ago
He was big and strong, in his eyes a flaming glow
Most people looked at him with terror and with fear
But to Moscow chicks he was such a lovely dear
He could preach the bible like a preacher
Full of ecstasy and fire
But he also was the kind of teacher
Women would desire

Rah Rah Rasputin
Lover of the Russian queen
There was a cat that really was gone
Rah Rah Rasputin
Russia's greatest love machine
It was a shame how he carried on

He ruled the Russian land and never mind the czar
But the kasachok he danced really wunderbar
In all affairs of state he was the man to please
But he was real great when he had a girl to squeeze
For the queen he was no wheeler dealer
Though she'd heard the things he'd done
She believed he was a holy healer
Who would heal her son

Rah Rah Rasputin
There was a cat that really was gone
Rah Rah Rasputin
It was a shame how he carried on

But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger
For power became known to more and more people
The demands to do something about this outrageous
Man became louder and louder.

This man's just got to go! declared his enemies
But the ladies begged "Don't you try to do it, please
No doubt this Rasputin had lots of hidden charms
Though he was a brute they just fell into his arms
Then one night some men of higher standing
Set a trap, they're not to blame
"Come to visit us" they kept demanding
And he really came

Rah Rah Rasputin
They put some poison into his wine
Rah Rah Rasputin
He drank it all and he said "I feel fine"

Rah Rah Rasputin
They didn't quit, they wanted his head
Rah Rah Rasputin
And so they shot him till he was dead

Oh, those Russians...

best preformed by boney M......yes this will be our first song at your inauguration

Rick van Opbergen
yea, and than we can practice that Russian dance you know, arms crossed, kicking in the air in front of you, you know what I mean? Broahahaha ... I feel like an emperor already!

peapod
Well dude I can already do the russian dance thing, that is easy its the backward flip shooting a six shooter that is kinda hard...but hey by the time you are ruler...I will have it down pat, I will protect you no matter what

Rick van Opbergen
An advisor AND a bodyguard Nice ... How much do I have to pay you?

peapod
A nice red wheel of gouda would be nice, do you think I could use them for like a really big hot wheels :P and I want that little monkey victorius with me.

Rick van Opbergen
Victorius ... ehm I have to think about that one for a sec ... but the wheels of gouda: you may have 100!

peapod
ok let me think about this 100 wheels of gouda, 4 wheels to car..let me figure this out...that would give me 25 hot wheels...ok done deal...send the contract :P

Rick van Opbergen
If I were you, I would demand another 1 million dollars or something like that ... but hey, you decide

peapod
Where is my good morning peapod prommy, did you have mustard on your biscuits this morning :P

Prometheus
Good Morning Peapod!

LoL no, spilled coke on my Marlboros though

BillyBob LOL. Remember how crazy he was in that... just something to think about Miss Wogg. :P

I am at work, trying to sneak in apost or two, so if I suddenly cut off you will

peapod
mmmmmmmmmmmmm I have seen the movie deliverance so don't get any ideas aboot trying to outsmart me in the woods :P

peapod
billy bob was not crazy in slingblade, he was simple, there is a difference. And his mama deserved what she got, and so did that nasty dwight yoakam....I liked Karl.

Some folks call it a slingblade...I call it a kaiser blade, uh huh.
(Karl in Slingblade (Billie Bob Thornton)

Cosmo
Hey Prometheus ... I hear,via Miss Wogg, that you talk just like Billy Bob Thorton in Slingblade. Can you post a recording of that? Us northerners love that US drawl!

aupook
As you all know I live in peapods neighbourhood as she calls it, and the circles are quite tight. I heard some interesting gossip at the local market. Apparently peapod was lingering in the bagel section, (the whole wheat section) when she did cast her eye to the stranger next to her. The ankle was fine, but when her gazed arrived upon the face, and the five o'clock shadow, she had to speak. And as the staff ducked for cover, these words sprung from peapods innocent lips, "why you wearing a dress" if anyone else had done this, it would have lead to offense. However you have to know peapod, and with her melodious voice and guileous expression the stranger was totally disarmed, and could not help but respond...and was overheard to say...."I am more comfortable as a women than a man. To which one of cashiers told me, peapods response was with nary a blink of the eye, I know how you feel, but has a female I must tell you, you have to lose the boots, tho I do love the dress. Transvestites, skateboarders, bagel afficondos, peapod loves and works with them all. And she knows in this case nothing beats a little black dress. So wherever you wonder not wander, wherever you lurk, keep your wits about you, for peapod is at work.

peapod
He is not a transvestite!!!! he is a cross dresser. And yes I did like the dress, and he was not bad himself. Quit gossiping about me, or else I will tell everyone you shave in starbucks bathroom on occasion.

Rick van Opbergen
Oh man, I can just imagine how that must have been liked ...

peapod
What? I would never have asked him even I did not sense he had a good vibe, at least the she part of her had a good vibe. :P We had a nice little chat, and I gave bruce/cindy some queer eye for the cross-dresser. His life story was ehm...well...ehm very interesting. We plan to have coffee soon

Rick van Opbergen
Are you one of those persons who can socialize with every person on the globe? *blinks eyes out of admiration, stares at Her Holiness Big P.*

peapod
ehm...only if they are interesting and have a good sense of humor..ehm..thats about it. :P

Rick van Opbergen
And what if Bush has a good sense of humor and was very ehm interesting?

peapod
ehm...well ricky I don't include war criminials on my list, so if he as a sense of humor or not, and even if he was wearing a dress, I would not talk to him.

Rick van Opbergen
It maybe sounds like a weird question, but have you ever dressed like a man Big P.?

Cosmo
Ricky ... Peapod would never be mistaken for a man, even with the toque and those teeny little hiking boots she wears. Shes, um, shall we say "well rounded" in the correct places. Although when we went to the lesbian book store she looked like the baby butch in her hiking boots and toque while I looked like the straight chick in my heels and mascara! We dispelled the confusion, tho, when I asked for the cashier's phone number and Peapod strolled outside shaking her head. (I think she did pick up some of the smut books on the sly, tho!)

Rick van Opbergen
You know, a colleague on my moms work is lesbian too, and she looks like the "man" in the relationship: short hair, dungarees , as you say, the "baby butch". Her wife is the opposite: high heels, long hair, femine clothes.

Some weeks ago, my parents had some sort of gathering of my moms work. All workers could bring their partners. So my parents went, as so did my moms lesbian colleague and her wife. The "funny" part was that the lesbian colleague immediately settled with all the women on the party - while her wife just settled herself with the guys and started to talk about cars. It turned out that the colleague's wife was the actual "man" in the relationship

Cosmo
The whole lesbian culture is really quite interesting. In the "old days" couples generally mimicked straight relationships by having one butch and one femme partner. I think part of that was due to having to be so underground. Lesbians could not gather freely and develop as a culture. The only model for relationships we had were straight ones, therefore copied the roles as a way of defining relationships.

Today it's very different. There are still "diesel dykes" around but most of the lesbians I know are just regular folk. In my relationship I guess I am more femme in many ways ... the makeup, the heels, the little short skirts. My partner is more "natural". But I'm also the one who chops the wood, fixes the vehicle and moves the heavy furniture. My chick writes the music, does the laundry, finds my lost items and generally takes care of me. She is the nurturer. The caregiver. If you saw us, you would probably guess she was a dyke but would probably guess I was not by appearance.

Most of the couples I know no longer use the "male/female" model in definining their relationship. They are two women together. As a culture we are finally able to begin to identify as unique couplings, separate from heterosexuals. We've moved away from the stereotypes. That's a good thing.

I think it also represents a shift away from from the angry feminist views of the seventies. We no longer have to be man haters or man imitators. The real freedom has come in stepping entirely away from worrying about the testosterone factor. For me, I love being a woman and I'm hard-wired to like women, but I don't have to dislike men to define myself. I'm a feminist of the Camile Paglia variety.

Here are some quotes from her:

"Madonna is the true feminist. She exposes the puritanism and suffocating ideology of American feminism, which is stuck in an adolescent whining mode. Madonna has taught young women to be fully female and sexual while still excerising control over their lives."

"Something went very wrong in feminism ... Every revolution eventually needs a new revolution. That's what I'm trying to do. I'm not trying to get rid of feminism. I'm trying to reform it, to save it, to bring it into the twenty-first century, in a way that allows the sexes to come together instead of being alienated from each other, that allows sex to be HOT and not have, like wet blankets of sermonizing thrown over it." (SA&AC p. 274)

"An enlightened feminism of the twenty-first century will embrace all sexuality and will turn away from the delusionalism, sanctimony, prudery, and male-bashing of the MacKinnon-Dworkin brigade. Women will never know who they are until they let men be men." (V&T p. 111)

She's controversial -- some of the feminists despise her -- but I love her. Anyway, I got off topic I think.

Rick van Opbergen
Interesting! I had never thought of the explanations your present here. I always had this idea that in many lesbian relationships, there was always a "man" and a "woman", one to take up the male rolemodel to the outside world and one to take up the female rolemodel. But I also thought a "manly" lesbian and "femine" lesbian were attracted to each other out of ... well, I don't know actually ... a sort of natural attraction ... sounds stupid eh?

I've had the luck to be being brought up in an environment in which homosexuality is not as much a taboo as, lets say, the US. We had a male gay couple as our neighbors for several years - my mom still regrets the day they moved. According to her, they were the best neighbors we ever had. It was shocking for us to hear they split up, and even more shocking to hear one of them has been infected with the HIV-virus, and has already developed AIDS. He does not have much time left But I'm off topic now.

I'm glad you're not a feminist in a "lets-kill-men" type Now I know I don't have to be afraid to visit Canada, and more specifically Vancouver, one day

Cosmo
Na, Ricky ... no need to be afraid to visit. We'll go look at chicks together

Rick van Opbergen
OK, that's a promise!

JDream
Hiya.