Reverend Advisor or Advising Reverend?

Haggis McBagpipe
So, this is a new title that Reverend Blair has. Are you to be congratulated? Or (blush) is this a title you've had all along and I simply haven't noticed?

Andem
It's moderator status.. Kind of changed the name to advisor.

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

It's moderator status.. Kind of changed the name to advisor.

So what kind of advice do we get from our advisors? 8-)

JDream
Cool, Looks V. Nice Andem

Haggis McBagpipe
Oh, JD, you're a moderator too? Who are the moderators, then? I've never noticed except for Andem, and he doesn't have a moderator thingie. I am confused.

Andem
Advisors (Moderators) are:

Andem
Numure
JDream
Reverend Blair

I decided I don't need a special rank :P

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Advisors (Moderators) are:

Andem
Numure
JDream
Reverend Blair

I decided I don't need a special rank :P

You're special enough just as you are. 8-) Besides you have that cute little sand muncher, that counts for a lot....

Reverend Blair
It's kind of sad, but I wouldn't have noticed the new title if it wasn't for this thread. What was I before?

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

It's kind of sad, but I wouldn't have noticed the new title if it wasn't for this thread. What was I before?

Insane? 8-)

Diamond Sun
Nice answer.

I feel left out of the advisor group. Maybe me and Haggis can form our own "Too cool to be advisor" group...can we huh andem? Have a "Too cool to be advisor" flag on our names?? Huh??

Haggis McBagpipe
I like this idea. I think 'Too ÜberCool to Advise might be even better, whatcha think, oh Fellow ÜberCooliness?

Diamond Sun
Ooh. Definitiely. I love the idea of being Ubercool....although, I want the little dots over my U!!

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Diamond Sun

Ooh. Definitiely. I love the idea of being Ubercool....although, I want the little dots over my U!!

Ahh, you see I have my language set on 'German' when I want the umlauts. 8-) I keep it in my menu especially for such cases, just did it, in fact, and so really did want to use the word ÜberCool for that reason.

You don't have to love the IDEA of being ÜberCool, because you ARE ÜberCool. It comes with the job you and I have on this forum, the job of never, ever being advisatory... advisatoriums... advisingators... advisibles... oh never mind.

Diamond Sun
I can't set my language to German. And so, to get the little dots I have to copy your words, so then I think perhaps then you'll have to be ÜberCool and I'll just have to be Übernotascool.

Haggis McBagpipe

I can't set my language to German. And so, to get the little dots I have to copy your words, so then I think perhaps then you'll have to be ÜberCool and I'll just have to be Übernotascool.

Nah, because our ubercoolness doesn't come from the umlauts, it comes from deep in our guru souls. We can't even help ourselves we're so damn ubercool. Hmm, I wonder when Andem is going to get our UberCoolness status registered under our names?

Diamond Sun
I think he may just be avoiding us and hoping we'll go away. But he really should know better.

Haggis McBagpipe
He really should. We can be very, very, persistent. It comes with being ÜberCool. We can't even help ourselves. We're just that good.

Diamond Sun
You will see that he has gotten off line. I'm sure so he can fully devote his time to the design and creation of our Ubercool labels.

Haggis McBagpipe

You will see that he has gotten off line. I'm sure so he can fully devote his time to the design and creation of our Ubercool labels.

That MUST be it. After all, they must be exceptionally good labels, nothing mundane. They must speak of our guru-ness, our jiggyness with the concept of ÜberCoolness. He has a hard job, but by god we know he can DO it. He is Andem!

Diamond Sun
He might even feel that he is worth of such a title...but no, he is only an Advisor.

Haggis McBagpipe
Yes a mere Advisor, just advising the hell out of things all day. Gads, how he must dream of living atop a mountain like us, Gurus of the World, bursting with ÜberCoolness.

Diamond Sun
We get to live on a mountain? This just gets better and better!@

Wait. It's an Ubermountain right?

(And I can't believe you abandoned me with only 4 posts to go!)

Haggis McBagpipe

We get to live on a mountain? This just gets better and better!@

Wait. It's an Ubermountain right?

(And I can't believe you abandoned me with only 4 posts to go!)

That's only 'cause I was ÜberTired! I see you managed to achieve your goal anyway! Well, when Andem gives us our new special titles that will be an entirely incidental designation anyone. The one that will matter is our ÜberCool NotAdvisor status. 8-)

Rick van Opbergen
How does one become an advisor (moderator)?

Cosmo
Congrats Rev

Geez, does this mean I can fire my shrink and lie on your cyber couch for advice? I suspect it would be equally as valuable, even if it did add to my already rampant paranoia!

Anyway, I look forward to more of that sardonic wit of yours and am delighted to have you babysit us.

Ten Packs
So - do you Advisors get a corner office, with a view of the harbor?

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by Rick van Opbergen

How does one become an advisor (moderator)?

Advisors are chosen based on experience and the forum's growth. Also based on helpful contribution and general fairness to everyone.

BTW, the Rev has been a moderator for a while.. It was decided that the word Advisor would designate someone as helpful.. hense their willingness to give people a hand

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Geez, does this mean I can fire my shrink and lie on your cyber couch for advice?

You do realise that laying on any couch of mine includes being covered by dogs, right? Most people leave here a little crazier than they came in as a result.

Quote:

So - do you Advisors get a corner office, with a view of the harbor?

Nope, but Andem pays us three times what we used to get.

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

You do realise that laying on any couch of mine includes being covered by dogs, right? Most people leave here a little crazier than they came in as a result.

Dog snuggle therapy is the best kind! Especially since they are not insane Jack Russell Terrors. I only have one dog but everyone who meets her agrees she is totally bat****. We've dubbed Peapod the human Jack Russell, by the way. The two of them have an awful lot in common. You oughta see them dance together. I'm thinking of setting up a web cam.

I didn't realize you were a moderator all along ... just thought you had your name in pretty colours because you were one of the cool kids on the block. The pod clued me in on the colour thing today. So I take back the congrats but still am glad to know the patients are running the asylum!

peapod
quit calling that critter a dog, I hope he is already for his shrink tonight. He needs one badly. And I yes I can jump higher than him, but I do not chase my self around clockwise and then counterclockwise to try and bite my ***....and than keel over with my tongue hanging out and my eyes crossed....maybe someday, but not right now. :P