bevvy in the sky with diamonds

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well whatever the shit, I lay money on you fixing it :wink: I am very glad to see you back again. :p I was getting ready to call you up :p I hope you shit is straightened out by early december we are coming over for coffee :p :p :p

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
I checked to see if you were on-line about 15 mins ago but you weren't.

So yeah, we are all moved now. What an ordeal! First we started out with the movers moving everything but a few boxes into the workshop. As they did this hubby, myself and a brother-in=law cleaned up and ripped out carpet throughout the house. It was aweful Pea, flipping aweful. Every time the guys ripped out a piece of carpet they had to leave the room to breathe and let the fur and dust settle. I got to clean mould off the cupboards and walls and Oh I can't forget about the windows. OH MY GOD. I had mould falling on me for days while I cleaned it all up. I've got through 2 bottles of CLR, 10 rolls of paper towels, 10 lbs. of shop rags, 2 bottles of Windex and 1 bottle of Fantastik. Freaking grow ups!

But the painters showed up the next morning and stayed for 5 days repainting everything, including the laundry room and furance room. Then the carpet layers came in but they aren't finished yet. I still have to knock out a wall to enlarge the Games room, so when that's done they can finish putting in that piece of carpet as well as the carpet from the end of the slate to the hardwoods in the kitchen.

It's all coming together and I couldn't be more pleased with how things are turning out. Heck even the teenage kid is impressed with the place.

I've even been out gardening, with the super help of my two favorite sister-in-laws. I even got some daffs planted for the spring, but I need lots more. But I do NOT have to look at weeds and grass clumps the size of small shrubs and that is a good thing. Heck we've even been out pressure washing in the rain. There was just NO way hubby and I could live with the cob webs and cocoons and all the other stuff that was all over the house. But it's gone now and I don't ever want to take on a project like this again. It's been fun but.

So what has Pea been up to lately?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Wow you have been busy 8O I see you have a new look *looks at avatar* and a new place to live. That is a way from vancouver. Not much new with me bevvy, same old same old, except that cosmos now lives in Victoria which is awesome. The garden 8O I still have not finished there, it keeps raining :wink: So you are all settled in now and can come back to the board. We are coming over in December, hold onto your hat :wink:

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
Cool, I can hardly wait. Let me know when and where your going to be and we can get together.

I wouldn't exactly say I'm all settled in just yet. Still got a wall to knock out, carpet to be laid, slate to be laid (but it is all cut to size at the moment), more carpet to be laid and hardwood flooring to be done, then some painting, installing an electric fence for the horses and an invisible fence for the dog, plus fixing the gutters at the barn let alone all the other stuff. I would say that I'm more like 1/2 settled in. I tell ya moving from 3600 sq ft down to 1600 sq ft is hard. It took me and my two sister-in-laws 3 days to place the pictures and I'm stil not totally pleased with some arrangements.

We did take advantage of the nice weather we did have and got out and pulled out the bloody grass and weeds which were all at least 3' high in the garden, and then some lovely rotting vegetation around back. Yup it's been fun. But the shrubs have all been trimmed back and rotting vegetation removed, ground turned and even managed to plant some daffs so I have something coming up in the spring. And hubby even pressure washed in the rain as neither of us could live with the cob webs and cocoons which hung from almost everywhere.

I tell ya, no Molly Maid practicum would ever consider cleaning this house.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
Aw let Ricky stay, I love the chimp.

So this morning is biting the big one. All this rain and my barn is flooding out. So I have spent the last hour digging trenches and diverting water. Seems the people before us were to flipping cheap to spend an additional $20 to get the last length of gutter material to finish the job properly. Geesh I hate people like that. But on the bright side the property in behind us is being cleared and there is this massive mound of blackberry bushes that they are taking out. Oh thank you thank you thank you. We wanted to do it but it wasn't our property. No worries about subdivisions or anything like that out here, prolly 5 x 10 acre lots for farms or something around that size. And we will be able to clear out the run off ditch in back and make sure that water is running properly, as I have noticed we are getting some water from there. Man I just love it when other people improve my property or my view, which they have done tremendously too I might add. Now if they could just take out a few of the hydraingas I'd be ecstatic.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Bevvy hope you got a boat parked in your yard somewhere :p Digging trenches already this morning, man you are a islander girl :wink: When I come over I got a big bag of dahlia tubers for you and your knew house. I have some of the most awesome dalhias you can imagine, just ask galaniomama.

Ya, the little monkey is just to darn cute, he can stay :wink: god that avatar is cute. :p

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
Oh I love dahlias, they are soo beautiful. I've got the front garden all ready for them this spring. I threw out the peat which I used to store the tubers in over the winter, I'll make sure I get some before you visit.

As for digging trenches, it was either that or muck out 3 stalls and 1 feed room and replace everything, which is rather expensive when this happens. So I'll check on it a little later to make sure that everything is draining away from the barn. I called hubby to let him know so hopefully he will be able to deal with this little issue very soon. I just hate adding to his job list, even though I do as much as I can.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
Not much for today. I'll prolly go pick up a few things. Oldest daughter is coming for dinner tonight to tell me all about her new job. My trenching job was awesome, it didn't need to be redone or nothing and both horsies are dry and happy. Boy I tell ya the new horse we just got is such a sweety. He's so gentle, a little shy as he's been abandoned for the last 8 years with zero attention paid to him. But he's coming along nicely and is a great addition to bevvyd's critter family.

So you working today? What's on the menu for today?