I love it when...

zenfisher
The Rev his beautiful wife and I all went to college together. Edge and I are an internet romance. Five years married on January 1. The Rev and Revette were key in helping us get married. We could not have done it without them.

edgerunner
just another incredulous cosmic experience, Peapod. You ask that like the Rev is not a loyal and giving human, or something. Well, if you were to see the side that Zen and I have seen. Not a shadow of aa doubt would cross your mind that the Rev is someone thatyou want in your corner and you in his. You must have seen that by now, Peapod. Or did you loose your insight? One motivating common denominatoris beer, however. And dogs. Part of the secret potion for stable friendships and an honest delivery. Go Figure!!!!!

Haggis McBagpipe
Dogs always gotta be in the formula. You guys are all so lucky, the three of you, for your love and your friendship and your willingness to show it. I am enjoying your comments very much.

zenfisher
TY Haggis. I don't see it so much as dogs...more as pets of fome kind. We live in a condo and a dog needs a yard. That's only fair to the dog. Actually our Macaw should have a yard...or at least a sound proof room . All to his self. When he is misbehaving he is very loud. Beer however ....

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by zenfisher

TY Haggis. I don't see it so much as dogs...more as pets of fome kind. We live in a condo and a dog needs a yard. That's only fair to the dog. Actually our Macaw should have a yard...or at least a sound proof room . All to his self. When he is misbehaving he is very loud. Beer however ....

8-) He sounds as though he is very entertaining! We thought about getting a parrot, but we kind of got bogged down on just finding out about them and never actually got around to getting one. It is still in the back of my mind, though. Are macaws are particularly good choice, in your opinion? Oh, and oops, sorry if I'm wrong about macaws being parrots, I just seem to recall they are.

I do see what you mean about a dog, a yard is nice. On the other hand, the right breed can make it so it doesn't really matter, plus good long walks (lucky you like the rain!) are more important than a yard per se, I think. We have a large yard but our Border Collie stays inside all the time except for walkies and play-time. He is a very happy dog.

Greyhounds are total couch potatoes, apparently. Go figure. I guess they race for two or three years then are retired and they don't seem to want much activity at all. They're supposed to be super-affectionate, too.

zenfisher
I love border collies.They're so cute. betcha he/she keeps you hopping.

Macaws are a parrot. They are very active. Very loud too.If you like peace and quiet you might want to shy away from a macaw. They tend to screech if they can't see what you're doing or where you are. They screech if they get to excited when they are playing. I guess the best way to describe it would be to picture a baby crying and then add about 20 decibals to it.

I think if I were looking for a parrot today, I might look for an African Grey. A little calmer and a better capacity for speaking, as I understand it. Edge is the bird fanatic.

I had a cousin who had a whippet. It loved to run. It did sleep a lot, but when it saw us running around it wanted to join in.

Haggis McBagpipe
We have the slug version of Border Collie, partly because he is now getting old, but he has always been a maniac outdoors while very quiet indoors. Oh boy, I had better stop, 'cause I have been known to go on at considerable length about our Angus.

As far as I know, just the retired racing greyhounds have the couch potato syndrome, probably because they're just plain sick and tired of running around after that elusive rabbit.

Diamond Sun
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

He sounds as though he is very entertaining! We thought about getting a parrot, but we kind of got bogged down on just finding out about them and never actually got around to getting one. It is still in the back of my mind, though. Are macaws are particularly good choice, in your opinion? Oh, and oops, sorry if I'm wrong about macaws being parrots, I just seem to recall they are.

Haggis, in regards to birds, you have to be very sure that you want one before you get one. Especially one of the larger breeds like a Macaw, or a Cockatoo. They are very, very demanding on people's time.

My husband and I visited a Parrot Sanctuary nearby not too long ago, and learned a great deal about parrots that neither of us knew.
They are fiercely protective of their master, and they generally pick one, so if it picks you, it may not like your husband or vice versa. They require a great deal of attention or they can get sick, or ornery, or destructive.

If you are serious about getting one, be very sure, and also be sure that your daughter wants it as it will probably out live you.

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Diamond Sun

If you are serious about getting one, be very sure, and also be sure that your daughter wants it as it will probably out live you.

This is why we have hesitated, I want to be absolutely sure about it before we do it. It was about 1 1/2 years ago we first thought about getting one. I have interpreted my lack of action to be, to some degree, an indication that maybe this isn't the right choice for us, at least at this time.

One problem with what you say, though, "it will probably out live you". Ahhh, you see, that's the thing with baby boomers. We never die. We just plain refuse to do it. 8-)

EternalSunshine
I love being home alone. I turn up the volume and sing and dance in front of a mirror.

peapod
Eternal sunshine said,
"I love being home alone. I turn up the volume and sing and dance in front of a mirror."

So do I Eternal, but I don't use a mirror :P I also leave out the singing part...as I cannot really sing well :P but put on a good tune and crank it and I go nuts :P I love dancing around the room, and trough in a few leaps and my day is made :P :P

Edgerunner, I know what a great person the rev is, I am only kidding him...the peapod way...its my way...if I did not think much of him I would not be sending him packages

Reverend Blair
I read some of the nice things that Zen and Edge said about me and I just want to say...What a load of crap. We helped them with their wedding because they would have done the same for us. In fact Zen did do much the same for us (we didn't know Edge back then), including not panicking when my best man dived out of a moving car.

The nice thing about that old saying, "What goes around comes around," is that it works for good too, not just the bad.

As for singing...I try to avoid it around people. unless I want to annoy them. I like doing it, but I do have voice that can sterilise toads at twenty paces. If you took Tom Waites, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan and distilled the worst aspects of their voices you might come close to an approximation of me in my best form.

There is nothing so joyful as singing along though. When I'm alone in the house I'll sing anything. The dogs don't mind and the cats think I'm twisted anyway, so why not?

Haggis McBagpipe
I love it when my dog knows I'm not feeling well and he jumps up on the bed and presses close to me.

peapod
I love it when I go over to galaniomama house and we lay on the bed...and have our laughs...sometimes her hubby joins us....but he fits right in. Sometimes we will look at the garden books and go oooh and awe....

undergradNITZ
can i oooh and awe along with u?

peapod
well of course you can little buddy. You were my first....buddy I mean :P you taught me whaaaaat sup and stuff like that :P I am in your debt...In fact I Love it when I see nitz at the board :P

undergradNITZ
hey yall!....i like making guest apperences or cameo's or whatever people like to call them...

Diamond Sun
I love it when my brothers and I hang out and be generally crazy in public.

Haggis McBagpipe
I love it when DS makes a sudden and relatively rare appearance on the forum in the evening.

Diamond Sun
I love it when I have the energy to show up unexpectedly

Haggis McBagpipe
I love that I have a strange looking stuffed goat looking at me all the time. He sits on my desk. My mum bought him for me a long time ago, he is the oddest looking goat you ever did see. I had laughed in admiration of this goat when I saw him in the store while shopping with my mum, and she returned to the store at a later date to buy it as a surprise for me. It wasn't easy for her to get to stores without me, she had to get a taxi and use a wheelchair, so this goat is much loved.

Diamond Sun
That's an awesome story!!

I love that I had an imaginary friend when I was little, and I love that I remember her and that I remember the day she left.

zenfisher
I love that whenever I look out my window there is always something going on.

Its true about the Macaw outliving both of us. We have a sanctuary and some friends in mind we shed our immoral ( nat) coil.9-).

I love that Indigo calls Susan " I love you" and he calls me shut up. I love that he can say:
" It's a bird !!!"
" Yakshimia ( sp)"
" Avast" ...he hasn't quite got " ye scurvy dog" but he's close.
" Hubba...hubba"
" Hello, hello,hello,hello, hello, hello, hello...etc. They tend to get into broken record mode.

I love that he talks in his sleep.

I love that the cat has 24 toes. ( 6 on each)
I love that she sleeps on the monitor whike I play.

Haggis McBagpipe
I love it what our wild quail do when they have finished off the food in our bird feeder: they deposit several empty sunflower seeds on our doormat. It's true! It only ever happens when the feeder is empty, and this has been going on for a very long time.

Rick van Opbergen
I love it when my mom offers to walk with the dog

canuckleheadlover
I love it when, i would come home from work and all the stress of the day would be kissed away by Marvin. (my sister's cat) he would always snuggle up to me on the couch, lay on my side or chest and kiss my nose and face until i was giggling like a kid. Then he'd fall asleep purring. Nothing in the world can beat that sweet cat!

peapod
I love it when I can do something to make a friends life a little easier, I really do it for myself, it makes me feel good :P

canuckleheadlover
I love it when you catch the the two lovebirds in the house cuddling...as soon as they know they were "found out" they seperate. You'd think u caught them doing something wrong.

Diamond Sun
I love it when Xendrick surprises me by actually remembering something I said the day before.

Haggis McBagpipe
I love it when we have a home video with pizza on the way and ginger ice cream in the 'fridge for dessert. Hotdamn.