What makes you happy?

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Interesting thoughts. Happiness to me is a walk in my garden, rain or shine. Actually, I really like the rain, so a day like this on the westcoast (rain followed by more rain) really isn't too bad.

A good dog. A dog that likes to go for walks and you can give the dog a nice pat on the back without fear of breaking same.

A friend. Someone to talk to.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Right now I can honestly say that I am walking-on-clouds happy, and it is all because of the election tomorrow. I'm that excited about it.

So, I guess (at least for now) I have to say the US election makes me happy. Really really happy. Perverse, yes, but the (temporary) truth of it, for what it's worth.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: What makes you happy?

Haggis McBagpipe said:
Right now I can honestly say that I am walking-on-clouds happy, and it is all because of the election tomorrow. I'm that excited about it.

So, I guess (at least for now) I have to say the US election makes me happy. Really really happy. Perverse, yes, but the (temporary) truth of it, for what it's worth.

Join the club! I'm really excited about the elections tomorrow.. it might take a while to find out the results, maybe weeks. It's gonna be close!!!

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
galianomama said:
Is that true happiness, or is it excitement?

Well you have a point there, galianomama. I guess it is mostly excitement, but the kind that brings happiness (of the fleeting kind) in the way Christmas brings happiness to the hearts of gift-seeking kids.

One of the things that makes me happiest is when I'm doing something that is a bit of a physical challenge (usually involving hills, for some reason). Hiking up a technically difficult trail or biking up an overly-steep hill brings me to a state of elation like you wouldn't believe right after I've achieved it. It is a real high.

I remember one hill (when hiking) where I was really scared to make the next step, it was a long and hard fall down if I didn't get it right, and a bit of a trick to do. Well, after a lot of doubt I did the thing, and man, I can still remember that high.

This is really embarrassing to admit, but one time the sheer joy of cycling actually brought tears to my eyes, I don't know what it was but I was just filled with a total sense of the joy of it. The road was a deserted farm road, the day was sunny, and everything was just perfect somehow.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
hey rev - how do you make the wheat beer? hic

First you go see a guy named Armand. You buy 2 cans of wheat beer mix and some yeast from him. You bring them home.

You place a vat containing about a gallon of water on the stove. You mix 1 tablespoon of corn sugar with some room temperature water and add the yeast to it. When the water on the stove boils you add the two cans of wheat beer mix (some people prefer to use one mix and five cups of corn sugar, but they make an inferior product). Put about 3-1/2 gallons of water in your primary fermenter. Add the mixture from your stove. Top up the primary fermenter to the 5 gallon mark. Wait for the mixture to reach room temperature and add the yeast from the bowl. You have now created wort. Cover the wort and wait for a week.

After a week you transfer the wort from the primary to the secondary fermentor or carboy. You place a vapour lock on the top of the carboy. You wait about two weeks.

After two weeks, you transfer the wort back into the primary fermentor. You remove a few cups of wort, place it on the stove and bring it to a boil. Mix in one cup of corn sugar, then mix back in with the rest of the wort.

Transfer the wort into 4 mini-kegs. Wait 4 weeks.

Go back to Armand's (you should visit him once a week anyway because he keeps samples in the fridge) and buy some CO2 cartridges.

Place a keg in the fridge. When it gets cold, drive the tap into it and have a glass of beer or two.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
nah..not negative energy ricky, its just that galaniomama did this to me last night...only than..hic..hic she was crying and getting all fuzzy and cuddley...with everybody 8O Good thing shes got me the anti social spider to look after her :twisted:

My god before we meet our maker rev, myself, galaniomama and cosmos must have one good party with you and mrs. rev. We just gotta see if you are for real :p

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I'm real Peapod...except for my teeth, they're made out of plastic.

I have a doggy licking my my feet. I'm not sure how happy I am about that, but it makes me laugh.

wintersnow

Nov 26, 2004
Hello, guys, it is my first post in this forum.

Reading makes me happy, experiencing in a new place makes me happy too.

Making friends with people from each corner of the world makes me happy too.