Ghost stories......boo!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Hey halloween will be upon us soon :p all things spooky and ghostly post in this thread 8O anything and everything 8O here is one I got this morning.

An extremely modest man was in the hospital for a series of tests. The last test had left his system upset. For hours he made several false-alarm trips to the bathroom. Finally giving up on going, he decided his latest urge to go to the bathroom was just another false alarm, so he stayed put. He suddenly filled his bed with diarrhea! He was SOOOO embarrassed! Losing his presence of mind, he jumped up, gathered up the bed sheets, and threw them out the hospital window. As luck would have it, a drunk was walking by the hospital. Suddenly, the sheets landed on him! He started yelling, cursing, and swinging his arms wildly, which left the soiled sheets in a tangled pile at his feet. As the drunk stood there staring down at the sheets, a security guard who had watched the whole incident walked up and asked, "What in the world was that all about?" Still staring down, the drunk replied: "I think I just beat the crap out of a ghost!"

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Claim: Teenager is killed when a haunted hayride hanging stunt goes wrong.

Origins: This
chilling story really did happen. Here's an excerpt from the 23 October 1990 Chicago Tribune:

Teen Dies During Halloween Hanging Stunt
A teenager who pretended to hang from a gallows as part of a pre-Halloween hayride died while performing the stunt.

Police said Monday that hayride customers on Saturday found the body of Brian Jewell, 17, hanging from the gallows, his feet touching the ground.

The stunt had worked on other nights and there was no indication of foul play, prosecutor James Holzapfel said. The gallows was being checked for flaws, and an autopsy was performed Monday.

". . . He's supposed to have the noose around his neck, but it's not a noose that tightens," said Holzapfel. Jewell would step down about one foot to the ground, making it appear he had been hanged, Holzapfel said.

During the ride, about 40 people are driven past several Halloween fright exhibits. The stunt went off without problems earlier Saturday. But the tractor driver became concerned later, when Jewell failed to give a speech he normally made as the wagon passed.

Here's another accidental "hanging gone wrong" story, from the 29 October 1990 Los Angeles Times:

A 15-year-old staging a gallows scene at a Halloween party accidentally hanged himself when the noose somehow tightened, authorities said today.
William Anthony Odom of Charlotte, N.C., was pronounced dead Friday night amid fake spider webs and plastic bats decorating an aunt's home. Odom and several of his friends had staged a haunted house in the basement.

The Associated Press reported yet another fatal hanging accident in October 2001, this one involving a 14-year-old boy named Caleb Rebh who was working a "haunted hayride" attraction at Alpine Ridge Farms in Sparta, Michigan. According to reports, Rebh "felt awkward simply jumping out of the woods to scare passers-by" and decided to take the place of a skeleton that was hanging by a noose in a nearby tree:

Caleb put the noose around his neck but when he let go of the rope, he apparently was not heavy enough to prevent the branch from whipping back up and choking him, his mother said.
When he started scrambling to get the double-knotted rope off his neck, fellow workers seemed to think he was acting, she said.

I think he thought he was safe because his feet were touching the ground," Kathy Rebh said.

Hayride employees and participants tried to resuscitate Caleb, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Barbara "no noose is good noose" Mikkelson

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Hey I will just keep answering myself in this thread :p here is a halloween joke.

A bald man with a wooden leg gets invited to a Halloween party. He doesn't know what costume to wear to hide his head and his leg so he writes to a costume company to explain his problem.

A few days later he received a parcel with the following note:

Dear Sir,

Please find enclosed a pirate's outfit. The spotted handkerchief will cover your bald head and, with your wooden leg, you will be just right as a pirate.

Very truly yours, Acme Costume Co.

The man thinks this is terrible because they have emphasized his wooden leg and so he writes a letter of complaint. A week goes by and he receives another parcel and a note, which says:

Dear Sir,

Please find enclosed a monk's habit. The long robe will cover your wooden leg and, with you r bald head, you will really look the part.

Very truly yours, Acme Costume Co.

Now the man is really upset since they have gone from emphasizing his wooden leg to emphasizing his bald head so again he writes the company another nasty letter of complaint. The next day he gets a small parcel and a note, which reads:

Dear Sir,

Please find the enclosed bottle of molasses. Pour the molasses over your bald head, stick your wooden leg up your ass and go as a caramel apple.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
Why Halloween is better than sex

10. You're guaranteed to get a little something in the sack.

9. The uglier you are, the easier it is to get some.

8. It doesn't matter if the kids hear you moaning and groaning.

7. Less guilt the morning after.

6. It doesn't matter if they fantasize you're somebody else, because you are.

5. Forty years from now, you'll still enjoy candy.

4. If you don't get what you want, you can always go next door.

3. If you get tired, you can wait 10 minutes and go again.

2. You don't have to compliment the person who gives you some.

1. You can do the whole neighborhood!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: now you are getting in the halloween spirit :p yes I know about the candy poisioning, that why I bring a scanner with me, you know the kind that allows you to scan your candy for bad things 8O and if anything comes up well I also carry a gun :p :p :p