Did you get your pony?

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
When you were little, what were you promised, and what did you receive???

In my family (in the early 60's) it was a big deal to plan a trip to disneyland. never made it. i could care less, but my MOM actually spoke to me about it a couple of years ago, and how bad she felt that we never made it. i tried to keep a straight face, but then i burst out laughing.

my husband had a horse when he was growing up.

i did manage to have a sailboat. that was pretty neat. i thought every kid had one.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I had a horse when I was a girl... a pretty little palomino. She was a surprise gift from my Dad... I don't know who was more excited about it, me or him!

My biggest disappointment growing up was a broken promise from my Mum. She promised she'd quit smoking when we got back from Disneyland. We were extra-excited about the trip because of that. Well, when we got home, she told us that we were indeed "back from Disneyland", and tomorrow we would be "back from Disneyland", and the next day and the next day after that too.

Well, 34 years later, she had a stroke and she has no choice BUT to quit. She's still in hospital and has had no cravings, but she's worried about when she comes home, so she's asked the doctor about a prescription for the patch.

She's doing great - the doctor said if you have to have a stroke, that's the kind to get - other than a slight difficulty with balance, she's the same as always.
:D :D :D

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Hope your mom is up and running around soon lady c :) I never got the "pony" as you say...whatever I wanted I got exactly the opposite....like I when I wanted a new rod and reel for christmas I would get a hair dryer...with daisies on it...what the ?????????...later I got tricky and would ask for things that I thought they might give me in hopes of getting what I wanted...did not work well....so I figured the heck with this..I will earn my own money and buy the stuff I want :p

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
My Mum isn't a "walking girl", so I doubt she'll be up and running around anytime soon!

She's doing great. You'd never know she had a stroke - she looks good and her speech is perfect. Not even tingling, never mind any kind of paralysis. We're very lucky.
:D

My best gift ever was when I was almost 23. Mum gave me some bubble wrap for Christmas with a note telling me to have fun.

I did.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Sorry to hear that your mom is so sick, Lady C.

The patch works though, and should help your mom out!! that's great that she wants to go on the patch, that is more than half the battle is the wanting to change.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am going to send you a website that is guess what????? bubble wrap :p you can sit there all day and "pop" the little suckers with your mouse....and it makes the same awesome noise as the real stuff 8)

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Thank you. I really hope she manages to kick the habit once and for all. I think she really IS motivated this time though...

She really is doing great, but what a shock to see her in the hospital bed, looking so old...

My advice to everyone... call someone you love today and tell them. It'll shock them 8O which will be fun for you... and will probably be the best gift they've ever received.

Almost as good as bubble wrap, maybe.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
peapod said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am going to send you a website that is guess what????? bubble wrap :p you can sit there all day and "pop" the little suckers with your mouse....and it makes the same awesome noise as the real stuff 8)
Is that the one that's a light blue colour? I used to have that site, but I lost it when I got my new computer.

I had so much fun with that...
:D

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well I would not be peapod if I had no bad experiences :wink: But on the whole they are a alright bunch...like my mama says...men are just like roses, its the pricks you gotta watch out for :wink: Not that I would go so far to call any of my ponies such a name :wink: Cosmos new some of my ponies....she knows all the trick riding I had to do :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I love the smell of leather...in fact I have a leather jacket and whenever I wear it...I can be seen sniffing it alot in the neighbourhood...it smells really good 8)