obsessive compulsive behavior

peapod
You try to pass them off as habits, but you know that secretly you need help. Lots of help. And a padded room.

You know the kind of thing - not stepping on the cracks, tapping both your lips in exactly the same places the same number of times, walking equally heavily on both legs, and so on and so on.

Name your secret passions/shames. And shamed you will be!

I will start...one thing is when I read a book in public, I look up every three minutes to see who is around me...

I occasionally take two small objects and pretend they're space ships in a dogfight.

And worst of all I keep coming back to this place...

mwaaahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

TenPenny
Shoes. I have to put my left shoe on first; seriously, it feels wrong if I do it the other way around.

peapod
Well it is wrong to put the right shoe on first :P

Haggis McBagpipe
If a shoelace comes undone in the course of a day, I have to re-tie both laces or else it feels unbalanced.

peapod
Here is something very strange...and honest its the truth...I never learned how to tie bows..my runners always end up in knots..I don't know why I was never taught this...I will have to ask my mother...

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

Here is something very strange...and honest its the truth...I never learned how to tie bows..my runners always end up in knots..I don't know why I was never taught this...I will have to ask my mother...

Ahem, well, why don't you just learn the right way to do it now? It isn't something that must be learned as a child. 8-)

peapod
cause I don't feel like it.

Haggis McBagpipe
That's not a bad reason, as reasons go.

bevvyd
Well I guess my obsessive compulsive bad habit is that I have to do the same sequence in my morning routine or the day will be a bad one. And all cans and packages have to be opened right side up.

Do you know what can happen if you break any of these rituals?

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by bevvyd

Do you know what can happen if you break any of these rituals?

Well sure. Andem's avatar will come and get you.

bevvyd
Ohhh Nooo, not him. Send Andem.

peapod
Ah bevvy you gotta a one track mind girl :P I love it

bevvyd
Yeah so, at least I know where my mind is wandering to. I always know where my mind is taking me.

peapod
Ya! I can dig it

Rick van Opbergen
I really don't have these sorts of habits ... or at least not which I am aware of ...

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by bevvyd

I always know where my mind is taking me.

Better than me, I always have to ask for directions. 8-)

peapod
Another weird little habit of mine is...if I am walking down the street or moving real fast :P and listening to a good tune...I like to jump up and pretend I am hiding a bicycle...kind of a weird skip and hop...it usually gets strangers to grin

galianomama
Quote:

Another weird little habit of mine is...if I am walking down the street or moving real fast and listening to a good tune...I like to jump up and pretend I am hiding a bicycle...kind of a weird skip and hop...it usually gets strangers to grin

what the hell are you talking about woman???? are you RIDING a bike or HIDING a bike????

now, i can see you doing either, but i think the rest of the board probably needs clarification on this one. especially when you insert you famous 'funny walk' as you go down the street.....weird skip and hop my ***, and believe me, my *** is not small!!! more like a silly walk to meet all silly walks. please tell me, pea.

galianomama
Quote:

it usually gets strangers to grin

no, they are not grinning because they think it is cute. they are genuinely worried about you.

peapod
Ah!!! I know where you are at 5 in the morning and with who :P My bike is in the garden shed and you know it and don't try and steal it...it has a nice new funky name...and yes there are no cars out in the neighbourhood at 5...just peter the bum...and oh yes this morning i saw N I K O....oh my god...it was so pleasurable...come over and I will have you paged again in the grocery store Friends in high places you know....And why do you not own a bike...it does wonder for the ***...and sometimes you see pretty stuff like N I K O ya ya ya ya....You wished you lived in my neigbourhood...skipping is normal around here.....and the crowd loves me here

galianomama
my god pea, i am a NIKO fan too, but when will he make it in the big time, and actually play a game of soccer??? huh??? i think they keep him on the team just for his looks. they do that you know.

and i have a bike, i choose to look at the beautiful form it is, rather than ride it, that's all. plus it is on the ceiling in the shed, above my bed. so i can lay in bed and ride. if you know what i mean. somehow, i don't think that came out right!!

peapod
What do you mean you are a NIKO fan to! He only has room for one fan and thats me..he is only nice to you because he adores me...his number one fan His scoccer skill has nothing to do with his dreamy, awesome, irresitable, godlike, hot, looks either.....he can play...thats why he is now in the white caps.....ya ya ya....Did you see the poster he gave me And there is NIKO in his blue shorts.....yummy yummy and double yummy is all I can say....and he did sign it....thinking about you NIKO....but I took it back and said NIKO please take that off and put "I will never forget that night" ya ya ya....he whispered to me....oh what would life be like around here without NIKO for the eyes to follow....and when he catches me eyeballing the tasty morsal that is he....he get a big grin...and oh my god...it makes him all the more stunning....um...think I will head over to see NIKO....oh I mean the starbuck gang.....and the following starbuck jesters send their regards to you...Val, james, angus, dave and that nasty little banker bill....not NIKO tho...nope he has nothing for you...next time I will have those girls really embrass your *** when they page you...

mwaaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahha

peapod
I just realized something...NIKO is a obesessive/compulsive disorder I have...oh but what a disorder to have :P and galaniomama I forgot to mention...lean in and I will tell you, so you can drool...at the last bash held by thriftys...peapod got to do the bump and grind with who else NIKO...oh it made me faintish, comatose, dreamy, faltering, benumbed...but I still managed to flit around the room....good tunes..and NIKO was fliting with me..god what a outstanding piece of flesh he is...NIKO is the man! and ever so sweet and oh gosh, kick the dirt with his toe..kind of charm...it really is to much for the senses to take in...ok I think I will go see if its coffee time for NIKO...

Sabine
I have two that I have inherited from the male head of my family and genitor, let say it plain and simple : my father.
(Oh!... kids are saying everything )

1) to carefuly replace all the sections of the newspaper when and/or after reading it.

2) To place the toilet paper roll the "good" side, which is the sheet of paper to lay on the top the roll, and NOT the other way round. (the more strange thing is that a man was caring about changing the toilet paper roll according to my experiences further in life )

Don't ask me why I keep these habits as a grown up!!

peapod
Now the nasty stuff is coming out :P All my towels "must" be folded a certain way...they "must" be folded in three sections...anything else will drive me mad, and they must all be stacked in a color cordinated way that pleases my eye.

My fishing tackle box must always be neat and tidy...no lures or sinkers mixed into together..everything has its own little place and must be put there. What can be spit polished must be done so at least once a week...New lures are always taken out and admired and touched at least once a week, without fail...and nobody messes or touches the "tacklebox" else I have one big hissy fit. :P

Haggis McBagpipe
My clothes in the bedroom closet are arranged according to colour, and in a descending cascade of colour from white to black. 8-)

Oh, and Sabine? I used to share your dad's thing about the newspaper and toilet paper. The years have made me not so concerned about it.

On the other hand, all the books in my library are helter-skelter, no order, no nuthin'!

bevvyd
Oh Pea, I hear ya about the towels. Hubby insists on folding everything in halves and then nothing fits in the closet. Same with his shirts he always ends up with a crease right down the middle. I spent too many years folding clothes in a retail store so now when you open up my dresser drawers, all the clothes are there displayed nicely.

Rick van Opbergen
OK OK I confess: my watch is always some 3 to 6 minutes fast, it has been that way for the last six years or so ... really can't help ... don't know why I do it ... I mean, I can change to the normal time, but I just won't ...

peapod
Ok I will confess something else...I like to wear a watch also...but mine has no arms or hands...I do this because it causes great conversation in the land of the drones...you would be very surprised just how much this peaks interest among them :P

Rick van Opbergen
Ehh did I miss something here?