obsessive compulsive behavior

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
obesessive/compulsive/weird habits

You try to pass them off as habits, but you know that secretly you need help. Lots of help. And a padded room.

You know the kind of thing - not stepping on the cracks, tapping both your lips in exactly the same places the same number of times, walking equally heavily on both legs, and so on and so on.

Name your secret passions/shames. And shamed you will be!

I will start...one thing is when I read a book in public, I look up every three minutes to see who is around me...

I occasionally take two small objects and pretend they're space ships in a dogfight.

And worst of all I keep coming back to this place...

mwaaahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
RE: obesessive/compulsive/weird habits

Shoes. I have to put my left shoe on first; seriously, it feels wrong if I do it the other way around.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Re: obesessive/compulsive/weird habits

Here is something very strange...and honest its the truth...I never learned how to tie bows..my runners always end up in knots..I don't know why I was never taught this...I will have to ask my mother...

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

peapod said:
Here is something very strange...and honest its the truth...I never learned how to tie bows..my runners always end up in knots..I don't know why I was never taught this...I will have to ask my mother...

Ahem, well, why don't you just learn the right way to do it now? It isn't something that must be learned as a child. :cool:

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC

Well I guess my obsessive compulsive bad habit is that I have to do the same sequence in my morning routine or the day will be a bad one. And all cans and packages have to be opened right side up.

Do you know what can happen if you break any of these rituals?

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC

Yeah so, at least I know where my mind is wandering to. I always know where my mind is taking me.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Another weird little habit of mine is...if I am walking down the street or moving real fast :p and listening to a good tune...I like to jump up and pretend I am hiding a bicycle...kind of a weird skip and hop...it usually gets strangers to grin 8)

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

Another weird little habit of mine is...if I am walking down the street or moving real fast and listening to a good tune...I like to jump up and pretend I am hiding a bicycle...kind of a weird skip and hop...it usually gets strangers to grin

what the hell are you talking about woman???? are you RIDING a bike or HIDING a bike????

now, i can see you doing either, but i think the rest of the board probably needs clarification on this one. especially when you insert you famous 'funny walk' as you go down the street.....weird skip and hop my ass, and believe me, my ass is not small!!! more like a silly walk to meet all silly walks. please tell me, pea.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Ah!!! I know where you are at 5 in the morning and with who :p My bike is in the garden shed and you know it 8) and don't try and steal it...it has a nice new funky name...and yes there are no cars out in the neighbourhood at 5...just peter the bum...and oh yes this morning i saw N I K O....oh my god...it was so pleasurable...come over and I will have you paged again in the grocery store 8) Friends in high places you know....And why do you not own a bike...it does wonder for the ass...and sometimes you see pretty stuff like N I K O ya ya ya ya....You wished you lived in my neigbourhood...skipping is normal around here.....and the crowd loves me here :twisted: