obsessive compulsive behavior

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by canuckleheadlover

my eating habits...like cold leftovers for breakfast. (Kraft dinner, Ribs, steak, grilled chicken...anything)

Oh god, please say you don't mean pizza as well. I hate leftovers, but I hate leftover pizza even worse. Blech. Welcome, by the way! 8-)

canuckleheadlover
Thanks Haggis! i've heard alot about you.
It actually started w/ cold pizza and slowly progressed to more complicated meals...just about anything u could eat for dinner (minus seafood)

Haggis McBagpipe

Thanks Haggis! i've heard alot about you.
It actually started w/ cold pizza and slowly progressed to more complicated meals...just about anything u could eat for dinner (minus seafood)

8-) Sounds as though you might rival my dad, who would open a can of soup and eat it cold, right out of the can.

I just hate the things, as soon as it is leftover, my stomach refuses it pointblank. Hmm, well, okay, I CAN stomach leftover chocolate... quite handily, truth be told. 8-)

Diamond Sun
Haggis, you sound like my Xendrick. Won't eat leftovers, even if you paid him.

canuckleheadlover
I can gross u out further. I like Ravioli cold from the can. mmmm it's just so yummy. and mr Xendrick the entertainer is WAY too picky.

Chocolate never goes bad, just get's a bit pale and spotted (that's when it tastes a bit weird.) he he he

double 2
Ok a lot of people are gonna say I need a shrink . MY obesessive / compulsive disorder is socks . I never wear the same socks twice . At the end of the month I go to Zellars and buy 3 packages of ten which lasts me till the next month then I start over .
And also lately I have been known to sit in front of the tv on sat night waiting for coaches corner and H . N . C . So is that
wierd or what?

Rick van Opbergen
Hmmm maybe a bit weird double 2, talking about the socks ... but spend some days with peapod, and I guess you will feel much better after that, right peapod?

double 2
Quote: Originally Posted by Rick van Opbergen

Hmmm maybe a bit weird double 2, talking about the socks ... but spend some days with peapod, and I guess you will feel much better after that, right peapod?

Well ya gotta admit I don't have bad feet . Uh thanks for the warning about Peapod Rick he can't be all that bad can he

edgerunner
I am compulsed with folding the different linens in the house according to their useage. Like, the kitchen towels are folded way different from the bathroom ones. Zen and I had our first fistfight over his lack of proper folding protocall. The big towels are rolled into jellyroll kinda things. Then stacked like a wood-pile. Very cool looking.
I can never wash women's dainties in the same load as the men's dainties. Theymight multiply or something.
When Zen is in the hall, waiting for the elevator, if I call out, "I love you" in a quiet chipmunkly voice, the elevator arrives faster.
Zen eats around the edges of a sandwitch untill he has the center left. Thats the best part. He is also so cool that he does not put his pants on one leg at a time, he puts both in at once.

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by edgerunner

I am compulsed with folding the different linens in the house according to their useage. Like, the kitchen towels are folded way different from the bathroom ones. Zen and I had our first fistfight over his lack of proper folding protocall. The big towels are rolled into jellyroll kinda things. Then stacked like a wood-pile. Very cool looking.
I can never wash women's dainties in the same load as the men's dainties. Theymight multiply or something.
When Zen is in the hall, waiting for the elevator, if I call out, "I love you" in a quiet chipmunkly voice, the elevator arrives faster.
Zen eats around the edges of a sandwitch untill he has the center left. Thats the best part. He is also so cool that he does not put his pants on one leg at a time, he puts both in at once.

I love this post. You are nuts. I like that. I'm the same way with linens, they have to be a certain way, and that certain way changes from time to time. When it changes, my husband had just better know what the new way is, that's all.

I, ahem, have been throwing our skivvies together in the wash for a long, long, time. So far, the only thing that seems to happen is, my skivvies apparently eat little holes in the bum of his skivvies, 'cause mine don't get those holes and his do. Then again, maybe the material in bum-end of his skivvies just leaves, in self-defense.

I have a thing about properly closed doors and windows. When they're open, fine, but if they are shut they have to be fully and properly shut. My husband is very casual about such things, not recognizing the deep significance of leaving them only half-assed shut. Drives me nuts.

Diamond Sun
My dog has a weird habit of grabbing onto my pant leg when I get home and letting me drag him around (he is only 4 pounds).

Haggis McBagpipe
Oh god, I can picture that! We don't even want to go to the obsessive compulsive weird habits of dogs. My dog will hog the whole thread. He is such a strange animal. He has a list of rules, for example, regarding his getting up on the bed. He is very strict about them. a) I can't ask him up, b) I can't look at him when he jumps up, c) I can't go to sleep, d) I can't move facing him but am allowed to have my back to him or sleep on my back, e) there can be no flies in the room (this is an important rule), f) he can't touch the sheets, only the duvet cover, g) he can't jump on the bed in the evening, only in the morning, middle of the night, or afternoon, h) the afternoon times can only be done as a game where I pretend to try and prevent him from jumping up. All these rules are very strictly adhered to, and we are not allowed to break them. Ever.

LadyC
Light switches should be upright in the on position, and pointing down when they're off(kinda like men) . Most times this is fine, but we have a few lights in the house that have 2 switches, and I just hate when someone turns them on or off "wrong".

Toilet paper goes over the roll. When I'm at someone else's house, I'll rehang it for them if it's the other way. I'm sure they appreciate this.

edgerunner
Oh contraire, Lady C, it hangs from the underside so that it doesn't come off so easily and get wasted. I'd have to take you home if you messed with my rolls like that. LOL.

LadyC
My aunt used to squash the rolls a bit so they wouldn't roll freely. She figured it saved on paper - I found it annoying. I tried to fix those too.

My Mum has a holder that holds 2 rolls, one one way, the other the other. Everyone's happy.

By the time I have to use the bathroom, I've had enough to drink anyway, so feel free to "take me home".

Haggis McBagpipe
LadyC, you Mum is smart, I like her idea!

I hate having appliance plugs in evidence. They can peak out a bit, but I scrunch them behind as much as possible.

canuckleheadlover
Rofl! all of that is amusing...especially Haggis and her dog...as for the thing that diamond sun's dog does..i think it's kinda cute..i LOVE when he grabs my pant leg...it's just so funny watching him make an attempt to grab my attention.

My obsession w/ coke is a weird thing. i mean, today my husband drank a coke of mine (i limit myself one per day) well having three sips of his felt like i was being deprived so when he went to bed an hour and a half ago, i opened one for myself..now so i don't waste it, i'm sitting on the computer force feeding myself this coke b/c it's just SOOOO GOOD!

ooh ooh...one more, just for Haggis...i was obsessed w/ mc donalds..i ate it EVERY day for about 6 months. i worked really close to one so i had it for lunch..the same thing.. a #5 (back home is the chicken nuggets meal) after seeing the movie "supersize me" all i wanted were my sweet little nuggets, fries and a HUGE coke. once again, my bizarre eating habit make an appearance.

Haggis McBagpipe

ooh ooh...one more, just for Haggis...i was obsessed w/ mc donalds..i ate it EVERY day for about 6 months. i worked really close to one so i had it for lunch..the same thing.. a #5 (back home is the chicken nuggets meal) after seeing the movie "supersize me" all i wanted were my sweet little nuggets, fries and a HUGE coke. once again, my bizarre eating habit make an appearance. :oops:

8-) 8-) Hey, you're trying to kill me with this stuff, aren't you! Aiiieeeee, and it's working!!! McDonalds every day for SIX MONTHS? My god, and you're alive to tell us about it? Ahhhh, the enviable perks of being young....

Omega
Haggis,

I loved your post about your dog. My dog is the same...don't dare wander from our daily ritual or she goes mental. Not doing something in a different way occasionally drives me mental.

What's a poor dog owner to do?

Omega
Hi Lady,

I agree that the toilet paper just HAS to be rolled from the outside. Anything else is just asking to be turned around.

I also like to have the towels hanging perfectly straight, edges together, neat and tidy.

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega

Haggis,

I loved your post about your dog. My dog is the same...don't dare wander from our daily ritual or she goes mental. Not doing something in a different way occasionally drives me mental.

What's a poor dog owner to do?

And the thing is, the damn dog made up these rules himself. We can beg him, lure him, bribe him, to get on the bed during one of the, according to him, 'off-times' and he won't do it... or will, but only if threatened with his life, and then he sits on the bed and cringes. Yes, cringes.

I know what you mean about change. Dogs thinks 'change' is something that should be considered by committee and then rejected unless there is a clear advantage to the dog.

niko
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyC

My aunt used to squash the rolls a bit so they wouldn't roll freely. She figured it saved on paper - I found it annoying. I tried to fix those too.

My Mum has a holder that holds 2 rolls, one one way, the other the other. Everyone's happy.

By the time I have to use the bathroom, I've had enough to drink anyway, so feel free to "take me home".

I Think your all crazy i mena come on people have compulzive things but that? At other peoples houses come on leave them alone!

LadyC
Well it sure beats counting ceiling tiles.