Morning Ricky

peapod
Well ricky this is the only sunday sermon I like and the only one that makes sense to me :P And its not so much starbucks, but the people in my neighbourhood that I love :P

When it comes to bull****, big-time, major league bull****, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bull**** story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bull**** story. Holy ****!

*Laughs long and loud like the nanny*

Rick van Opbergen
OK, that seems to be a good personal reason not to visit church I don't visit church either. Never have. only did the communion-thingy-stuff when I was 8 or something - kinda weird, we went to church every wednesday to prepare for the communion, never been there, and suddenly I was surrounded by some guy hanging on a cross hahaha. One example why I didn't understand: the book we got to work in was called "Op stap met Jezus" ("Setting off with Jesus") - only, when I heard that, I thought they meant "Op stap met je zus", Dutch for "setting off with your sister". weird. I did like the wine though.

peapod
yes I have great advisers when it comes to religion, that one was george carlin :P

peapod
Can't forget to say greetings to the main man around here Ricky :P Sup dude :P

Rick van Opbergen
Je suis the main man? broahahaha ... I mean ... ehh ... never mind ... I'm fine thank you, I dunno but it was a weird day, though nothing special happened ... just went to college, nothing special ... had to run at the train station, my train was late so I almost missed my other train, there were like four or five other people running with me, all trying to catch the same train, yelling, cursing, running up the stairs, down the stairs, all hectic, it almost made me laugh, had an instant bond with these four or five strangers ... and oh yeah, it's getting cold here, I don't like it, they say they're expecting snow thursday ...

peapod
ha ha had the same experience yesterday with a group of women stangers, regarding a man walking by with black shoes, except the ends were curled up no kidding....it was unreal...the curl was about 12 inches...ha ha ha ha.....we bonded after that one. :P

Rick van Opbergen
The ends of the shoes were curled up? (...) OK (...) Anyway, how ya doin'?

peapod
Ya they were the best shoes I have seen in a long time. I am well ricky, and you? How is your eggsalad doing ?:P Do you get holidays for christmas? please do not send my present to victoria where I live, just send it straight to the north pole :P

Rick van Opbergen
haha no I quit eating egg salad, that was just ehm a phase . I'm currently focusing on meat, I'm a real meat-person, one day without meat is a torment for me! and yes, we have two whole weeks of Christmasholiday, whoahaa! December is always extra nice, because we Dutchies not only celebrate Christmas, we also celebrate Sinterklaas! (he's not Santa Claus) but than again, that's merely for little children ... but still, I like the "pepernoten" ...

And why do I need to send your present to the North Pole? Did you move?

peapod
"pepernoten" is that the name of the girl you are dating. :P I like a big piece of prime rib once in a while, its really good for breakfast...covered in horseradish :P egg salad on the side. :P

Rick van Opbergen
I'll show you what "pepernoten" are

they're really tasty. just like that prime rib you are talking about, makes me hungry ...

galianomama
hey rick - those look like ginger and molasses cookies. not that pea would know, her's always look like reindeer poop.

different subject, but something that's been on my mind - what is happening there politically right now, what with the Van Gogh murder, etc.... there has been quite a bit on the radio about it, CBC had a documentary last week that i listened to. (it was on a show called 'the current' if you want to look it up). anyhow, i hope you are okay!!! bundle up before it snows buddy!!

peapod
Hey galaniomama you trying to horn in on me and ricky's thread thats war...I guess we will have to duel...starbucks at dusk, remember my frog has a gun now. :P Nice cookies ricky :P

galianomama
sounds like a plan stan.

Rick van Opbergen
according to this online dictionary, "pepernoot" (singular) can be translated as "spice nut". I think that it's indeed a sort of ginger cookie. and about the van gogh - murder and tensions: there's another thread about that "running" at the moment, "Theo van Gogh killed in Amsterdam", tensions are still high but luckily there have been no more burnings or major "attacks" on mosques and churches the last days, like what happened one-two weeks ago, when among other things a bomb exploded at the front of an Islamic school in my hometown, kinda scary

Rick van Opbergen
hey peapod, how are you?

peapod
hey ricky how are you? :P I am fine thank you nice of you to ask...I will be better when I go to starbucks this afternoon and speak with my subjects :P :P

galianomama
Quote:

when among other things a bomb exploded at the front of an Islamic school in my hometown, kinda scary

yes, it is a pretty sad state of the world right now, don't know what the answers are to try and resolve some of these issues, and that would have been very scary to have happened in your hometown. look after yourself ricky and be careful!

Rick van Opbergen
I will look after myself thank you it sounds a bit stupid, but point is that I have less to fear, 'cause well, I'm not muslim ... that is the hard reality at the moment. as I said in the other thread about Van Gogh's murder, some muslim women are afraid to wear the hijab, while some muslim parents think about getting their children off the Islamic school and put them in secular schools ... what is "funny" though is that a lot of extreme right are pointing at Islamic schools as evidence that muslims do not want to integrate in Dutch society, while there are 1 million muslims in the Netherlands, and only 8,000 (!) children are going to a muslim school ... which have not proven to be an obstacle of integration (some researchers even claim that Islamic schools do the opposite and enforce integration of muslims in Dutch society) ... but there are luckily a lot of iniatives both from muslim dutch and non-muslim dutch to show their support for a tolerant society ... even our local newspaper participates in this: yesterday they started with this report in which muslims from Eindhoven (my hometown) give their view on things, and give a chance to explain why they are not like the man who killed Van Gogh and that they are not "goatf*ckers" (a word frequently used by Van Gogh when he spoke about muslims, and especially frequently used by a lot of other people after Van Gogh's murder). Yesterday there was a big report of five muslims from my old highschool (I recognized them), today there was an article about a Turkish butcher ... it's best these days that we focus on tolerance.

and hi to you peapod, going to starbucks AGAIN?

peapod
Ya I am ricky Actually I am meeting up with cosmos there and I have to keep my subjects happy less they revolt And galaniomama is right, you look after yourself and be careful, cause we really really like you.

Rick van Opbergen
haha ... aren't you jealous at the moment peapod? you know, I'm currently spending more time on her than on you hahaha ... or was that the "wrong" thing to say? hmmm this is probably not what a woman wants to hear right? ehm ... 'it's not what you think' ... that line always works ... and thanks for the warnings, but it's not a warzone here OK

peapod
gotta go....bug man is here......gotta have our bogie around the room :P

Rick van Opbergen
ehm ok see you later, don't stop running!

Rick van Opbergen
OK I'm off too, I'll see you in two days or so, I'm a bit busy tomorrow, don't know whether I have time for canadiancontent.net, I'm busy from 6.00 in the morning till 11.00 in the evening and exams early friday. see you later!

peapod
Hey! Ricky how are you? Anything new? lets hear your news.

Rick van Opbergen
I'm fine, thanks exams proved to be fairly easy, we had 17 multiple choice questions and an astonishing two hours to answer them! I think 'bout 90% was finished within half an hour or so, and it wasn't even so difficult ... I now have some spare time, tomorrow I'm off "running" again all day, work and than going to Utrecht to visit a friend, and sleep over ... and sunday a day of homework ... haha ... thinking 'bout it, I don't think I will do much on sunday, just don't feel like making homework, but hey, I can afford postponing it ... but anyway, enough about school, the weather is getting cold, we had our first (wet) snow today, I hope it's gonna be a traditional winter, there haven't been a lot of them the last decade ... so, and how are you?

peapod
yeah, you are a good postman :P the mail must get through at whatever cost its very busy now at work, christmas time concerts and teas to be arranged. Hey I think I will get the highschool band when they come to give a concert to say hi to you with a big old sign and a merry christmas. :P When you become rich and famous don't forget your old friend peapod :P :P

Rick van Opbergen
hahaha you shouldn't! and yea, one day, when I'm rich and famous ... you know, it could well be possible I will be in my local citycounsil in a few years ... than it's just a small step to becoming a mayor whoahahaha ... and after that the world of course

peapod
self cofidence good! until than we will just be one of the common people.

Rick van Opbergen
yeah "common people" ... I hate that ... every person is in essence unique ... and I'm even a bit more hahaha ... and that also accounts for you of course