What's your "style"?

peapod
Dex...have you got your longitude and latitude correct?

Dexter Sinister
Yep, they're correct, or as close as they need to be if you really want to know where I am.

TenPenny
Somewhere in Sask...

peapod
you are jumping in now, instead of lurking A few people at the board have their location up on the board like that, I could not get a reading on yours...Sask...what part? and you penny where from?

Dexter Sinister
Good call, TenPenny. I'm in Regina, the Pearl of the Prairies.

peapod
I have been to regina...I kinda thought saskatoon was the pearl of the prairies

Dexter Sinister
Ha! They'd like to think so....

peapod
HA! they do think so...what I remember about regina was it was awful dusty there... but it seemed a nice place...but you do know that british columbia is the real pearl in all of this

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

HA! they do think so...what I remember about regina was it was awful dusty there... but it seemed a nice place...but you do know that british columbia is the real pearl in all of this

Hrmm, I thought the only pearls in this country were Toronto and *maybe* Montréal

peapod
grgrgrgrgrgrgr........."easterners" whata they know...bet you can't even clean a fish proper....mr. cosmopolitan man.....hey cute space ship....I need starbucks...I will be back to spank you later...
mwaaahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

HA! they do think so...

Yeah I know, I lived there for many years. I freely admit the physical setting of Saskatoon's a lot prettier than Regina but, in a somewhat lame attempt to link this rambling exchange back to the original subject of this thread, I'll say that Regina suits my style better. Strangers will talk to you on street corners in Regina while you're waiting for a light to change. That doesn't happen much in Saskatoon anymore, it's not as laid back as it used to be.

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Hrmm, I thought the only pearls in this country were Toronto and *maybe* Montréal

Toronto! Toronto?! You can't be serious. As big cities go, the nicest ones by far in this country are Montréal and Vancouver, Toronto's third at best.

Seriously now, Toronto's a fabulous place to visit, for the theatre, the shopping, the restaurants... anything you can imagine is available in Toronto, and that's great, that's why I like to visit it. But I couldn't live there and be content. I'm a prairie kid, big cities make me claustrophobic after a while. And consider this: I live in a nice home in a nice area, 3 kilometers from downtown, and I can easily walk to work. A location like that in Toronto would cost several million dollars. Here it costs $120K.

peapod
Whata bunch of hooey :P Everybody knows Vancouver island is the best place to live in canada..."Talk to strangers" there are no strangers on the island...everybody yaps up anybody....

mwaaahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!

Dexter Sinister
Get some sleep, peapod, you'll feel better in the morning.

Good advice; I think I'll do that too.

no new posts