What's your "style"?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I saw this idea in another forum and I thought it'd be cool to get an idea of what everyone perspectives are in style and fashion..

As in what kind of clothes do you wear?

On a regular daily basis not in-office, I tend to wear tightish t-shirts with jeans or khakis/black slacks. Favourite brands: Buffalo, FCUK, CK.

In the office: I usually wear dark slacks with a collar shirt (sometimes a tie) and in the winter I usually wear a sweater over top of that.

Clubbing: A little similar to my daily routine but a little bit sharper.

eastcoastrob

Nominee Member
Sep 23, 2004
Saint John, New Brunswick
RE: What

During the day I'm a no-name business casual with a splash of funk (ie collared shirts but untucked with a hawian print) and no-name casual at night.
It's not that I have anything against brand names. I'm just cheap.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

I just wanted to point out... I hate shirts with big logos on them. I can handle a little 3cm logo on the left side of the chest, but that's it.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC

For the office I'm a jeans and blouse kinda girl.

At home I'm jeans/lounge/shorts/skirt kinda girl.

My mom is still trying to figure out how in heck the calculator works while I wear jeans. She thinks that all women should wear skirts or slacks in the office. I keep telling her I did that and kept ruining my clothes, especially my favorite pink leather skirt. So now I just wear jeans. And I got an awsome wardrobe finally. No more 1 set of clothes for her and another set of clothes for there. Too much money.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC

Just out of curiosity Rick, what do teenagers wear over there? Ours tend to wear low rise jeans and tops that leave bra staps and bellies showing.

Isengard

Electoral Member

I'm lucky I guess since I can wear same clothes for work that wear on nights and week ends. I like to wear casual clothes, I like Vans/Airwalk kind of shoes, I wear surf/diving shirts, clean cargo pants, bermuda. I have some clean clothes that I wear when needed, that is when the girlfriend can't stand my sloppy look anymore :wink: :)

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

I never wear jeans, but like cargo pants, cords, Tilly shorts in summer with Berkenstock sandals and Tilly hat. I love Neru-style shirts. I like turtleneck sweaters in winter, Neru-style shirts in the summer. I like my canvas Converse All Star runners best for footwear, and have just ordered the ultimate in Converse All Stars: the John Lennon Peace edition! Simply gorgeous.

When dressing up I like black wool slacks, silk blouses, that sort of stuff, and I like Jones New York clothes 'cause they look good, wear well, fit nicely and the brand is relatively inexpensive. My favourite article of clothing would be my cashmere/wool Anne Klein coat, it is all comfy and warm as all get out.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
bevvyd said:
Just out of curiosity Rick, what do teenagers wear over there? Ours tend to wear low rise jeans and tops that leave bra staps and bellies showing.
Well the way you describe it, there is not so much of a difference. I think we are pretty extreme too. When it's hot, a lot of girls wear hotpants or really short skirts (which is actually not very unpleasant :wink: ), although that can depend, because a lot of people have their own style; and the guys (like me): well when it's hot you won't find a lot of shorts, but it's not that most guys wear baggy clothes, like in the US (I don't know how it is Canada). Guys tend to be more ... femine (sounds weird), a lot of guys spend a lot of time doing their hair, shopping etc. (not me though, I'm one of those nearly extict guys who hate shopping :wink: ). American rednecks would probably say 'what a bunch of fags over there', but guys too are spending more and more time on their looks. They have even launched make-up for men over here now I think about it. These guys are called "metrosexuals" by the way.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I wear jeans and, depending on the weather/occassion, either a long-sleeved shirt (denim or a solid colour) or a t-shirt (usually out of a beer box). I got my last haircut the week before Zenfisher got married and last shaved a little over a year ago.

I have little or no interest in fashion.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC

Rick, looks like it's only distance that is our only difference. Too funny.

We have the metrosexuals too, and apparently it's quite the trend. I'm not too sure about men and their shopping habits, I know my hubby hates it, nor am I sure about men wearing make up. I don't get out too much so many some of the guys around here can shed some light on that.

Now about that makeup, just what are the men wearing?

RB, you got the Silver Bullet t-shirts too?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
jeans...levi..sometimes mavis

sweat pants when not wearing jeans...not cheap ones either and no matching top...

hemp....lots of hemp top...good stuff...feels good to...nice t-shirts

some dress pants...hopefully will not have to wear them...

belts...good ones...nice celtic buckles..

flips flops....nice aldo hiking boots...everyone has runners....buy good ones

2 hoe dresses....for dancing disco with my gay friend....my own queer as folk dance hall....a sea of beautiful men...nota one looking a my ass :lol:

Pachouli smells good...earthy....and no I have not been or ever been a hippie chick...I could have been a contender tho....

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC

morning pea,

You know, diamonds could really jazz up those jeans and sweaties. Just gives it a whole new look.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
bevvyd about the make-up and what men wear: I have NO IDEA :lol: . I only now that some people say it will be a trend, and thinking about it, a week ago when I was traveling back with the train to my homecity, I say a guy who wore a dress (and he was no transvestite). Another fashiontrend it seems.