How did you come to know of this site?

How did you come to know about this site?

• Google

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other search engines

• Friends

• Relatives

• Advertising

• Other way (explain in the thread)

• Total voters

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
I borrowed this idea from another forum, and it was always nice to see the reactions: how did you come to know of this site? And while you're at it, why not introduce yourself? (Yes I know, there's another thread about this, but else we would have nothing to talk about in here :wink: )

FireJED

Sep 7, 2004
Lund, Sweden
www.maths.lth.se
I came from Google to this site by looking up some terms on Google.com for something that had an article here. I join because people here seem very nice to talk to and the site is nice looking :)

My personal infos: I am 21 and I am studying in Lund, Sweden.

Goed idee Rick! Dank :)

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I arrived to this site on recommendation from another member, someone I have known on two other forums. This one immediately appealed, it has a nice, easy way about it. It has no flaming threads, no morons (with one notable exception) and I like that it has people posting from all over Canada and even Europe and the States.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
FireJED said:
Goed idee Rick! Dank :)
FireJED: nej tack :wink: (I hope that was correct).

I realize I haven't said how I came up with this site. Like FireJED I was just surfing on Google when I came up with this site. Normally I would take a look, and than leave again. This one however resembles much the site I was banned from (not my fault ...), so I decided to stay 8)

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
I found out about this place from Andem. He was visiting TalkOn and had the link in his signature line.

So here I am. I like it here because there is no flaming and there is descent topics to discuss and debate.

Isengard

Electoral Member
RE: How did you come to k

I found this site while surfing google and saw a link to a Quebec sucks post, I was intrigued and came to have a look. As Haggis said, except for our only moron, other people are really cool unlike some other forums where you have a bunch of idiots trying to mess all the threads.

Let's hope it stays that way for a long long time :)

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: How did you come to know of this site?

fubbleskag said:
sigh.. it's me, isn't it?

It ain't you, but the name of our resident moron never needs to be said since it would be stating the obvious. It'd be like saying, "Bush was born without a functioning brain."

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Like bevvyd, I come here from TalkOn, but not from clicking on Andem's signature. There was a topic posted about interesting websites, and this one came highly recommended. Like everyone has mentioned, the people here are great. Agree or disagree, everyone treats everyone else with respect.

I respect that.
;)

Sabine

Oct 1, 2004
Montréal
I found this forum while searching something about Leonard Cohen. I looked a little bit around, I liked the atmosphere so I decided to join.