What if?

peapod
#31
give that monkey a big yellow banana
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag

4 consecutive posts without questions.

i have successfully de-railed this thread; my work here is done

8-) Okay... what if the Great Derailer Fubbleskag woke up one morning to discover that every key he hit on the keyboard morphed him into an animal with a name that started with the letter he hit? When he got to 's', which might conceivably be 'snake', how would he hit the next key?
 
fubbleskag
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag

4 consecutive posts without questions.

i have successfully de-railed this thread; my work here is done

8-) Okay... what if the Great Derailer Fubbleskag woke up one morning to discover that every key he hit on the keyboard morphed him into an animal with a name that started with the letter he hit? When he got to 's', which might conceivably be 'snake', how would he hit the next key?

never underestimate the power of a snake - if i can convince eve to go against the word of the almighty, i can type another letter on the keyboard.

what if snopes.com one day debunked the entire bible?
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag


what if snopes.com one day debunked the entire bible?

Snopes, my favourite urban legends page!

Bush would have one less thing to say at the end of every blinkin' speech he makes, 'God Bless America'. 8-)

What would happen if the world stopped spinning?
 
LadyC
#35
I'd spend the end with you
And when the world was through
Then one by one the stars would all go out
Then you and I would simply fly away...


What animal would you like to be reincarnated as?
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#36
Ahem, you mean what if I came back as an animal? If I came back as a dog, I'd bite cruel dog owners then run like hell. If I came back as a cat, I'd want to chew a wool sweater just to see what it is they find so tasty about the things (have had Siamese that, for whatever reason, loved to eat little holes in wool sweaters).

What if you had the choice to live forever, would you take it?
 
fubbleskag
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

Ahem, you mean what if I came back as an animal? If I came back as a dog, I'd bite cruel dog owners then run like hell. If I came back as a cat, I'd want to chew a wool sweater just to see what it is they find so tasty about the things (have had Siamese that, for whatever reason, loved to eat little holes in wool sweaters).

What if you had the choice to live forever, would you take it?

of course. anyone who says otherwise is a liar. that's not to say that after several millenia i won't regret it, but it's against human nature to not want to live forever.

what if plants could talk to us?
 
LadyC
#38
You mean they don't?

I think I'd hear nothing but "I'm thirsty.", "Oh, what're you trying to do, drown me?", "This pot's too small. My roots are starting to ride up on me.", and "Owww! Don't pick my blossoms!"


Which of your 5 senses would you give up if you had to?
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#39
Taste, but reluctantly, of course.

If you could greatly enhance one of your five senses, which would you choose?
 
LadyC
#40
Sight. It's just not been the same since I turned 40!

If you were an actor, what would be your ideal role - hero or villain?
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#41
Villain - the guy who brings an end to the world as we know it. I would love that role.

What if the US decided to actively and quickly seize control over the world?
 
LadyC
#42
They already have - through television.


What if you found your birth certificate and discovered your real name was something else?

bonus question - what would you hope it would be?
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyC

They already have - through television.


What if you found your birth certificate and discovered your real name was something else?

bonus question - what would you hope it would be?

Actually, I meant if the US had world dominance as in this country would be part of the United States and we would be American citizens.

To the question, I would be curious but unhappy... until, of course, I found out that my real name was Rockefeller and I was the sole heir.

What if you found out you had one day to live?
 
fubbleskag
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyC

They already have - through television.


What if you found your birth certificate and discovered your real name was something else?

bonus question - what would you hope it would be?

Actually, I meant if the US had world dominance as in this country would be part of the United States and we would be American citizens.

To the question, I would be curious but unhappy... until, of course, I found out that my real name was Rockefeller and I was the sole heir.

What if you found out you had one day to live?

that depends, is it today?
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#45
Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag

that depends, is it today?

Today, give or take a day or two.
 
fubbleskag
#46
i'd cross off all of my lists (i keep track of people that i refuse to let live longer than me)

what if you found out you were on one of my lists?
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag

i'd cross off all of my lists (i keep track of people that i refuse to let live longer than me)

what if you found out you were on one of my lists?

I'd bump you to the top of My list. 8-)

What if you were on a suspension bridge (Lion's Gate comes to mind) and it started swaying crazily in high winds and the traffic was such that you could not get off in a hurry?
 
fubbleskag
#48
[offtopic]haggis - your sig is supposed to have the word "ten" as a numeral[/offtopic]
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag

[offtopic]haggis - your sig is supposed to have the word "ten" as a numeral[/offtopic]

(off-topic)fubbleskag - no doubt(/off-topic)
 
fubbleskag
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag

[offtopic]haggis - your sig is supposed to have the word "ten" as a numeral[/offtopic]

(off-topic)fubbleskag - no doubt(/off-topic)

[offtopic]haggis - see, it's not really funny unless the "ten" is written in binary "10"[/offtopic]
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag

Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag

[offtopic]haggis - your sig is supposed to have the word "ten" as a numeral[/offtopic]

(off-topic)fubbleskag - no doubt(/off-topic)

[offtopic]haggis - see, it's not really funny unless the "ten" is written in binary "10"[/offtopic]

(off-topic)fubbleskag - if you say so... trouble is, you're the first to ever find it unfunny simply because it isn't written in the binary "10", and considering how long I've used it here and other places, I have to go with the majority on this, all of whom were able to 'get it' as is... thanks, though, for the thought(/off-topic)
 
fubbleskag
#52
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag

Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag

[offtopic]haggis - your sig is supposed to have the word "ten" as a numeral[/offtopic]

(off-topic)fubbleskag - no doubt(/off-topic)

[offtopic]haggis - see, it's not really funny unless the "ten" is written in binary "10"[/offtopic]

(off-topic)fubbleskag - if you say so... trouble is, you're the first to ever find it unfunny simply because it isn't written in the binary "10", and considering how long I've used it here and other places, I have to go with the majority on this, all of whom were able to 'get it' as is... thanks, though, for the thought(/off-topic)

[offtopic]so, does this mean you're not going to change it?[/offtopic]
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#53
(off-topic)it sure looks that way(/off-topic)
 
Jillyvn
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

(off-topic)it sure looks that way(/off-topic)

Fubbleskag, renowned and reviled thread killer.
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#55
Quote: Originally Posted by Jillyvn

Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

(off-topic)it sure looks that way(/off-topic)

Fubbleskag, renowned and reviled thread killer. :)

He is really good at it, but you know? I think a thread can only really be killed if it is suffering from a case of lack of interest.
 
Diamond Sun
#56
Oh, it's supposed to say 10? I get it now. Damn, that was really bugging me too. I mean, how was I supposed to figure it out as a written "ten" and not a numeric "10".

Maybe I just better go hide back under my rock....
 
fubbleskag
#57
Quote: Originally Posted by Diamond Sun

Oh, it's supposed to say 10? I get it now. Damn, that was really bugging me too. I mean, how was I supposed to figure it out as a written "ten" and not a numeric "10". :)

Maybe I just better go hide back under my rock....

are you making fun of me?
 
bogie
#58
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

What if you were on a suspension bridge (Lion's Gate comes to mind) and it started swaying crazily in high winds and the traffic was such that you could not get off in a hurry?

I'd hang on and enjoy the ride - after all, it's free!

What if you had the chance to be cryogenically suspended (frozen) for 100 years?
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#59
Quote: Originally Posted by bogie

Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

What if you were on a suspension bridge (Lion's Gate comes to mind) and it started swaying crazily in high winds and the traffic was such that you could not get off in a hurry?

I'd hang on and enjoy the ride - after all, it's free!

What if you had the chance to be cryogenically suspended (frozen) for 100 years?

I love your way of handling an out-of-control Lions Gate bridge!

As for your question, you betcha! I would happily leave this life in order to see what was what 100 years from now.

What if you could go back to the dawn of civilization, would you do it? Even if there was no turning back?
 
Haggis McBagpipe
#60
PS Wait, that doesn't sound right. I truly love this life, but would, out of curiosity, be unable to resist seeing the future.
 
no new posts