Hungry?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I eat everything...except things I don't like...I am starting to sound like undergrandnitz! My favorite food is curry! I love curry, but it got to be the good indian curry. My least favorite all fast foods! and junk food...everything else is fair game. Except that puke your brains out iron chef.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
What is an iron chef?

I love good Indian curry as well! It gives me heartburn but I sure don't care, not until later, anyway.

My very most favourite food in the whole world are peas in a pod, as you might recall, Pea. I love the damn things, i could live on them, easily. Another huge favourite is roasted red peppers.

Funny, although I love sweet things, none of it ever makes my top-ten list of favourite foods.

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
I love seafood the most. I hate brussel sprouts and asparagus the most. Then I just love everything in no particular order, cause it's all good.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Hungry?

FireJED said:
My fav. food is sushi. I do not eat it often by when I do it is a real treat. I do not like to eat........... I do not know the english word for ägg. ARRG!

Eggs, maybe?

I love sushi too! I could live on that stuff.

Love asparagus and Brussels sprouts, yum. :cool: Hate broccoli now, only because I found a worm in the last plate of it I ate. A year later, still can't go near the stuff. How unfair, really, to one of the most healthy foods of all!

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
Hmm. Breaded Pork cutlets probably top my list, with a nice sweet applesauce and corn on the cob. Mmmm mmm.

Although I also like Sushi...some of it.

I'm to the point though, that I'll try most everything. When I was in Thailand, we just pointed at the dishes the "natives' were eating. I'm not sure what was in it...sometimes I try not to think about it too hard.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Hungry?

Diamond Sun said:
Hmm. Breaded Pork cutlets probably top my list, with a nice sweet applesauce and corn on the cob.

When I was in Thailand, we just pointed at the dishes the "natives' were eating. I'm not sure what was in it...sometimes I try not to think about it too hard.

Yeah, I used to do that in Europe. One time I ended up with squid, which some people might like but I sure didn't. Blech. After that, I always asked. I'll try anything once, although sometimes it takes a bit of liquor to ease my concerns. That's how I got past escargot; while tipsy I was sucking those puppies down like there was no tomorrow. Next time, when sober, I was aghast that such a thing had ever passed my lips. I am still aghast.

Breaded pork cutlets, applesauce and corn? Now that is a classic Comfort Meal.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
yum yum...roasted peppers! those are yummy! with roasted garlic, real good olive oil, balsamtic vinegar, and real not fake french bread.....sinful I tell sinful..... 8)

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
peapod said:
yum yum...roasted peppers! those are yummy! with roasted garlic, real good olive oil, balsamtic vinegar, and real not fake french bread.....sinful I tell sinful..... 8)

Ack! Yes! Double-yes! And baked Brie with whole garlic cloves, aiiiieeee. I am so hungry right about now.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Yes! Yes! some nice melted goat cheese on the roasted red peppers would be good to.....Roasted vegies are so good....funny how different garlic is when you roast it? don't you think? completely different product.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
peapod said:
Yes! Yes! some nice melted goat cheese on the roasted red peppers would be good to.....Roasted vegies are so good....funny how different garlic is when you roast it? don't you think? completely different product.

Yes, totally different. So sweet and tender, not strong at all. I could eat reams of the stuff... hmm, then go breath on an enemy. :cool:

Funny, I am a huge fan of cheeses, bleu cheese, Gruyere, brie, a myriad of others, yet I despise goat cheese and cannot imagine why. It has a lingering after-taste that I hate. Disappointing, because a lot of great menu items have goat cheese, so I end up missing out.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
goat cheese does have a strong flavor, but for some reason I like it on roasted peppers...blue cheese...yes please!!!!! I love blue cheese dressing on salad...sharp...hey wait a second...did I see you did not know what the iron chef was! Come on it cannot be true..its the biggest laugh on the food network...you gotta see it! Also you never mentioned if you watched edward sizzorhands? If so did you enjoy it. How about mystic river and house of sand and fog? just asking since you been away for awhile...This has been very exciting!! actually having someone to talk to besides bevvy. I just saw galaniomama's husband at starbucks! She has the nicest husband! the bitch! She is very busy these days with her re-decorating the shabby chic way :roll: I have to go over there tonight and pretend how great it is......just kidding...maybe...I just had a nice nap..a meeting...soon I will be done for the day :D

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
peapod said:
did I see you did not know what the iron chef was! Come on it cannot be true..its the biggest laugh on the food network...you gotta see it! Also you never mentioned if you watched edward sizzorhands? If so did you enjoy it. How about mystic river and house of sand and fog?

I have never watched the food network, didn't actually know of its existence. I don't get any television stations at all - haven't for many years - unless I hook up the rabbit ears and I can't be bothered to do that.

I tried to watch Edward Scissorhands, and sorry I just did not enjoy it! Mystic River I sort of liked, but boy I LOVED House of Sand and Fog. It was one of my favourite books, and the movie did not disappoint (as movies are wont to do). As for Edward Scissorhands, it is possible that I just saw it at the wrong time. You ever find that? A movie will not appeal at one time but will at another.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
The best cheese in the world is gjetost, which is a Norwegian goat cheese. It's a caramel colour, and is rich and creamy. It's good on crackers or eaten fresh off the cheese slicer (preferably a pewter one with Viking ships on the handle!)

I like any fruit, particularly mangoes and crunchy grapes. And pomegranates. Mmmm...

And no food is so good that a little peanut butter won't make it better. Real peanut butter, like Kraft or Squirrel, not that unsweetened/unsalted natural crap with the oil slick on top.
8)

About the only food I don't like is shrimp and most shellfish. And I don't care how hungry I am, I won't eat a bug.
8O

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Pomegranates are pretty good, but the best are persimmons. Oh. My. God. I love persimmons to death. I will eat hundreds at a sitting if someone doesn't stop me.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Pomegranates !! they are lots of fun with a straw...make for a good pea shooter 8) that cheese sounds good lady c, i will have to look for it... I love toast with peanut butter, sliced bananas and honey...I call it the goober, I don't know why? I heard it somewhere. Fruit and cheese is the best dessert next to creme carmel, oh ya and pumpkin cheesecake.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Any cheesecake, particularly if it's baked.

Persimmons? Ick! The first time I ate one I had to check my tongue in the mirror - it felt like I had a mouthful of fuzz. On the encouragement of a friend, I tried another one recently. No fuzz this time, but the taste was pretty bland. I'll stick to the other fruits. Any other fruits.
8)

Peanut butter and banana, peanut butter and cheese, peanut butter and cinnamon sugar, peanut butter on a spoon - such a versatile food.

Look for the gjetost in a specialty deli. The one I used to buy was in a red and white foil wrapper. Alas! That deli closed, so I'm looking for a new source.
:cry: