Hungry?

LadyC
A hint I learned from my Dad - if you're cooking older, tasteless carrots, add a little sugar to the water. It sweetens them up, making them taste almost like they were fresh picked. Not quite, but almost.

I refuse to buy the pretty California strawberries. I wait a few weeks to get our local ones - there's just no comparison. Well, yes, there is. One has style, the other has substance.

Haggis McBagpipe
Hey, thanks for that tip on carrots! I will try that next time... no, I will try it today, for lunch.

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by JDream

uh.. blah :P lol. I just had my dinner ;P spaghetti ;)

Ack, you say 'blah' to the Mighty Pea in a Pod??

Spaghetti is a favourite of mine... the thin stuff, though: spaghettini. I like it with sliced black olives, a dab of butter and olive oil, a bit of red onion, and seasoned with basil, garlic, oregano, paprika, marjoram, rosemary and sage. Yum!

Planet_EN
Hungry? .........

I'm dying of starvation ...

EternalSunshine
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyC

I think the ultimate food, though, is whatever someone else cooks for me!

I totally agree with that!

I could live on freshly baked crusty bread, good cheese (brie, romano or real Parmiggiano) and good red wine (Chianti or a Cabernet Sauvignon).

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by EternalSunshine

I could live on freshly baked crusty bread, good cheese (brie, romano or real Parmiggiano) and good red wine (Chianti or a Cabernet Sauvignon).

Yikes, you've just described our supper for every night we ever camp!

Diamond Sun
Mmmm, crusty bread, cheese and wine. What else could you ask for? Mmmm. Making me hungry and it's only 8:18 in the morning!

LadyC
Another good cheese is Mizithra. I always get extra on the side at the Old Spaghetti Factory.

It's Greek.
Or maybe italian.

fubbleskag
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyC

Another good cheese is Mizithra. I always get extra on the side at the Old Spaghetti Factory.

It's Greek.
Or maybe italian.

it should be noted that Mizithra is an acquired taste; if you're going to run out and try it, don't expect to fall madly in love with it first time around.

LadyC
I did.

If you like parmesan or romano you'll probably like mizithra too. It's kinda similar... in a way... sorta...

Cheese and pickle sandwiches are yummy too.

And Basa (fish)...

Hey, Andem - how come this forum doesn't have a section for recipes? Not that I'm complaining, mind you, being fairly new here and all... I guess I could always start a topic myself...

SweetSuga
hehe i love food but i dont like veggies

peapod
haggis,
On the way home I stopped at the iranian grocerier, no he is persian...gota remember that. Anyway he had his fresh supply of bread from Vancouver called persian sangack bread...its a flat bread and it is awesome, it comes from a bakery in Vancouver. Afra bakery on pemberton ave in North vancouver..If you are ever over that way, you gotta try it He also sold me on trying feta cheese spread...I just ate the whole tub it is so good! now I am gonna eat the tub of hummus and the rest of the bread...my dinner

fubbleskag
i knew i should avoid this thread - now i'm craving hummus & tzatziki!

sigh

peapod
Sorry I just finished the whole tub It was a small one tho. Don't you have any banana's left to nibble on? What should I have for dessert. Tub A ben and jerry chucky monkey , or tub B cherry garica... A or B I cannot decide, and I cannot eat both or I would have to go back out and peddle my bike around.

Haggis McBagpipe
Ack, you are making me hungry!

moghrabi
I like Falafel, Homos with Pita bread.