round the water cooler

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Morning aviallani and insengard.....so what are you listening to this morning aviallani..? me I am listening to muddy waters this morning. It looks like rain today...availlani check out my avatar, man I cannot get over how good that picture turned out!!!! ya...lots of fun whizzing through a nice pod of dophins :D

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
That was nice, thanks bevvy for the PM message, at least somebody around here says morning! and thanks for the tips regarding peapods big date night, but hey this is the third time so no war paint required 8) Yes the fireman is a glutton for punishment, he is back for round three :wink: I think what really did the trick was when I cleaned and filleted his fish for him :D

Aviallani

Electoral Member
Aug 26, 2004
Calgary, NW
RE: round the water coole

Good morning! I'm listening to limp bizkit - faith as I slap my makeup on my face and try to get Zoe ready for school. The little girl is over excited and a tad bit grumpy this morning :lol: I'm a touch nervous about my first day at work on my own....they're giving me a cash drawer and my own comp. The silly people! :p

Isengard

Electoral Member
Hello peapod, I'm not listening to anything but the phone and the people who calls because they don't know how to save a word document on their computers *YAWNING* This job is boring sometimes... I'm tired this morning, don't know what they were doing but the cat and dog didn't stop taking walks last night :!: :?:

What about you, how's life this morning?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Limp bizkit again!!! remember what bruce springsteen said.....500 channels and nothing on...now its 500 hundred channels nothing but limp bizkit on. I like bruce springsteen, now thats a lumberjack 8) so you must watch mtv....I won't let my nephews watch when they come to visit...I say little dudes this only provides you with a very narrow view of music....ok granted making them listen to the guy who strung piano wire across the length of his barn and played it....might have been a bit much...do appreicate eric clapton now 8)

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Hi pea! How was your weekend of frolicking? (I love that word!).

Great sunny day, how have you been? I've been donning my gum boots for a stroll around the gardenoo, and painting my guts out. I have gone from bright colours - golds, purples, greens, more shades of gold, gold leaf, deep burgendy - to white! Acckkkkkk! I think middle age has set in!

What happens to us? We start off with the palette of colour and just joyously splash it around, now I have decided I only like white - and the 400 shades it offers.

And I can only drink decaffinated coffee! What is next for us? I use to love floating down the Colorado River with the coffee tin mug.....coffee you could stir with your thumb. I RELISHED it. Taking the pot for coffee, wading into the muddy, sandy water and filling it up. Over perking for god-knows-how-long, and then slurping it back. Black. Now if I think about it, my stomach does back flips at the thought.

I must return to my desk, left to ponder these thoughts for the rest of the day.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Whats with all the limp bizkit stuff...god! you guys are the "consumers" you are being tricked you know :cry: right now I am listening to the cranberries, to the faithfully departed....I like the cranberries, I also like real cranberries to!

Since I gotta date tonight...they are sending me secret messages! warnings really.....see now why did I pick that CD play? Serpendipty my friends! watch for it, its all around you. Tune yourself in to all the messages being sent you 8)

like the lyrics to this song playing....

I'm still remembering the day
I gave my life away.
I'm still remembering the time
You said you'd be mine.
Yesterday was cold and bare
Because you were not there.
Yesterday was cold
My story has been told

Now I am starting to think about do I really need this? how come I am thinking about this little poem now

Its nice to wake up in the morning
and not have to tell someone
you still love them, when you
don't love them anymore.

But hey....he can really fish.....I like his boots! ...his face shines with kindness.....and most important....he thinks I am funny...he does realize yet I am not joking around here :lol:

undergradNITZ

Electoral Member
Aug 6, 2004
Toronto
pretty cool...saw all my friends...just sat and listened to the "rules" that no-one cares about or inforces...good thing we got out at 10:30...

making fun of the niners was fun...

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well good luck little rugrat, leave your guns at home :D get use to the rules...they are everywhere...somebody always trying to spoil the fun :cry: I cannot believe how much work I gotta do now! I was only gone a week. Now I got at least two weeks worth of work....how come whoever takes your place never does things the way you do them, and when you return you gotta not only do present work, but you got to go back and change everything back to the way it was? Life is very unfair....fall is coming...you can feel it in the air...I will have to put my garden to bed soon....lots of work.. don't forget to do your homework! I gotta work now...catch you later

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
I'm not listening to anything as I haven't got my radio at work. But its a beautiful day sitting here overlooking the Fraser River. Maybe a harbour seal will take a swim up and play on the mud banks so I can watch. The other week there was a momma and her pup, way too cute.

This was the first year in many that I didn't have anyone returning to school. Kept right away from the malls this weekend (exactly how fair is that?) to make room for everyone waiting until the last minute to buy their back to school stuff.

Now speaking of back to school stuff. In Ontario all your school supplies are supplied to you by the school, don't know about Alberta or Nova Scotia as none of my kids went to school there, and here in BC you gotta buy your own. On the island some of the PAC offer up kits at a very reasonable price and at lunch and at recess you can buy extra paper, pens, etc. from a volunteer and the profits to towards the school. Here on the mainland you can buy a kit a ridculous amount of money (over $40) and get everything your child hates. For instance who in heck dreamed up the idea of duo-tangs? They are completely useless for kids in school to consistently have to insert and remove papers. And what sewing snit dreamed up the PE gym bag, at a cost of $10 to boot.

Oh thank goodness those days are now a thing of the past.

undergradNITZ

Electoral Member
Aug 6, 2004
Toronto
its still an average of like 22C(without humidex) in toronto...there was a light rain awhile ago..its almost totaly dried now...most of the leaves off the trees are turning a different color...kinda boring...

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Actually my workplace is good...most people I deal with are old...very old and cannot hear, so I can turn the music up and bogie alot of the day...once in a while people come by...doctors, not much fun that lot...a few are...the majority are all business. Home support workers are a real blast tho. Oh yes the trades people are a great bunch! especially the bug man...we always have a little dance together..other than that I get to listen to opearation stories, and all body functions you can imagine, or would rather not image! Its kinda sad how empty alot of drones are when they older....I must make a note to myself....that I peapod will never! never! ....ummm I forgot...oh well ...better eat my lunch :lol:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well thats a good thing...keep dreaming my friend! which reminds me did you like those dreams I sent you? interesting are they not? I have dreams like that awake!!!

Open your eyes undergrandnitz and while you are at it your brain :lol: Fall is the best time of year!!!! go look for some squrriels what them gather up nuts for the winter. You know they keep a large supply of posty notes so they can remember where they put all those nuts 8)