Trivia

peapod
Lets play at something. Camping we play this little game. How about some interesting useless facts. Something you normally would not know or be interested in, or would you? Man I miss Haggis Mcbagpipe around here, she came up with the best topics, hope she comes back soon. Ok I will go first, somebody follow please.

Rubber bands last longer when refridgerated.

All the clocks in the movie "pulp fiction" are stuck on 4:20

Andem
Yeah, I miss Haggis too! She will be back around the end of the summer -- she's very busy

Okaaay. Over to the game.

It's illegal to peel an orange in a hotel room in California.

peapod
Thanks admen, another new fact to for the grey cells to store

Thelma Pickles was John Lennon's first girlfriend.

"Stewardesses" is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.

Ok lunch is over I have some actual work to do now galaniomama if you sneak here lets here some of your facts :P

galianomama
Quote:

galaniomama if you sneak here lets here some of your facts

okay, okay, let's see what we have in our vast knowledge bank in the dark recesses of my tiny mind.........

no one in Shanghai is allowed to own a red car!!!

apple seeds are poisonious

undergradNITZ
in canada giving and gettin **** is illegal....but 100% of the time no-one cares....and i only think that 1% of the pop. knows....

its such a stupid law....it makes no scence....and how would anyone know?

peapod
thats one fact I would not rather know, I am right "behind" you with another fact.

Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.

undergradNITZ
some people prob. know this but

Peanut butter at first was concidered a meat supplement...

peapod
Actually undergradNITZ you can consider peanut butter a meat subsitute, as far as protein goes. Nuts are protein.

The "bumpers" on the bottom of toilet seats are called "buculets."

Prometheus
Most toilets in the world flush in E flat.

Due to the rotation of the earth, you can throw an object further if you throw it west.

It is illegal in North Carolina to plow a cotton field with an elephant.

Trivia is the Roman goddess of sorcery/magic, hounds and The Crossroads. (Hecate in Greek)

Isengard
it is physically impossible to lick your own elbows

undergradNITZ
thats false...my friend had a double jointed sholder and could bend it closer to his face...he could lick his own elbow...it was awsome....

it is possable to make your future child green or any color through genetic engernearing....

Isengard
111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

bogie
Hummingbirds fly only 20% of the time
Hummingbirds cannot walk, only perch
Hummingbirds visit 2,000 to 5,000 flowers a day
Their color is produced by refraction of light, not by pigment

Isengard
In your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.

bogie
The name for a teddy bear collector is "archtophilist"

Isengard
A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes

bogie
The study of lightning is called "keraunopathology".

undergradNITZ
you have a chance of getting colon cancer from Xeroxing your ***....

more on this here:

www.savethehumans.com/donkeys...ep/page9.shtml (external - login to view)

undergradNITZ
i dont know why but i cant wait to put this one up!

Male on Male Rape May Cause Tooth Decay

more on this here:

www.savethehumans.com/donkeys...ct/page4.shtml (external - login to view)

bogie
Albert Einstein married his first cousin

peapod
Bogie I like your hummingbird facts I have one that claims my garden for his kingdom! Once when I watered my baskets, the water coming out the bottom became a shower stall for the little gem. An awesome thing to watch, a hummingbird taking a shower.

It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. (DON'T try this at home!)

bogie
And every time you sneeze, your heart stops

bogie
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

Bogie I like your hummingbird facts I have one that claims my garden for his kingdom! Once when I watered my baskets, the water coming out the bottom became a shower stall for the little gem. An awesome thing to watch, a hummingbird taking a shower.

About a month ago my wife was out with our young grandson (2 1/2) and he was attracting a hummingbird that followed him home from the local playground. Kept buzzing around him, but not my wife. After they went into the house (our daughter's place in Waterloo, ON) they went to the back patio doors, and, there it was, hovering and looking in the window for our grandson! Remarkable!

Julio Iglesias was a lawyer before he became a music star. Comedian John Cleese is a lawyer, too.

peapod
there is something odd about hummingbirds. I reconize it because she who is me is odd herself.
Every year around December 20, the High school band from Reynolds school come to the senior's reside I work at and give a concert. On one side of the room are wall to floor windows, they go out onto a patio and gardens. When the band starts, out of nowhere comes the resident hummingbird. He comes to the window and hovers and stares in, watching and listening. This has happened for the past 4 years.

Everytime you see it, you got to wonder, whats up with that? Does he really come for the music? Is this little brain trying to connect with peapod brain. Where is Dr. Doolittle when you need him?

In Victoria there are humming birds that stay all year round, and if you are fortunate enough to have one make his terrority around you, than you are in for some unusual moments.

Last year in which French frogs were served at the Brotherhood of the Frog Thigh Tasters' annual fair in Vittel, France : 1977 [Comite de la grenouille (Vittel, France) ]

bogie
Whew, I'm glad I'm not alone .....

"Sixty-three percent of North Americans talk to their cars."

peapod
Oh ya bogie there are a few us out there

Number of actors, musicians, and clowns in a U.N. troupe touring Liberia to convince citizens to disarm : 101

undergradNITZ
The Czech republic has more Internet Service Providers than any other non-English speaking country

Jim
An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.

bogie
Quote: Originally Posted by Jim

An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.

LOL ... reminds me of some people I know ...

Fidel Castro once worked as a Hollywood extra.

undergradNITZ
Emetophobia is the fear of vomit