Naughty Bits

Lisa
Owkeej, I am very ashamed to ask this question, but hey just think that *bloody* foreigner,

What is a skivvie? I am sorry to ask it, I do think I know what it means. Translated to the dutch "ballenknijper". Probably the same sort.

And what I am wearing? Black Lingerie.

LuShes
HAHAHH! I love your sense of humour haggis, lol!

Skivvies we don't even use that term anymore, just an ollld term for "underware" "panties" "knickers" whatever you wear on your tooshy, lol

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Lisa

Owkeej, I am very ashamed to ask this question, but hey just think that *bloody* foreigner,

What is a skivvie? I am sorry to ask it, I do think I know what it means. Translated to the dutch "ballenknijper". Probably the same sort.

And what I am wearing? Black Lingerie.

... as all the overactive male imaginations shift into overdrive!

Skivvies are men's underpants. It seems to be a Navy term, I had never heard the term either until many years ago when my husband first referred to them as skivvies.

I have a friend in Vancouver who calls himself the crazy dutchman. He is from the Netherlands as well, and by god he IS crazy! In the nicest possible way, though.

LuShes, thanks!

Haggis McBagpipe
PS to the above, hey I didn't know skivvies were a reference to ALL underthings! I thought it was some kind of bizarre navy term just for men's underwear.

I like the term step-ins, which is truly an ancient term but by god it sure says what they are, doesn't it?

LuShes
Well i think skivvies are mostly referred to as mens undergarments, I know mens bathing suits are reffered to as skivvies.

Great now I have an interest to look up the histoy on skivvies!!! Oyie, lol

American Voice
I believe skivvies are an archaic naval term for gym shorts. Boxer shorts are specifically undergarments, while skivvies, like gym shorts, can be either an undergarment, or can be appropriately worn as a light outergarment. I believe skivvies were worn by seaman while engaged in the task of swabbing the decks. If you're going to get splashed a lot, it's a good idea to be wearing as little as possible.

Lisa
OK! Now I know all about skivvies!!

You know what the Dutch term translate to?

"ballenknijper" means spmething like ball-squeeser. I hope you can imagine what it means...

American Voice
You mean, like athletic supporter? Jock? I thought skivvies allowed one some freedom. You had better explain.

Lisa
skivvies are like boxers right??

No I mean the once that are smaller...

American Voice
You mean, like briefs. If they're too small, they do squeeze, yes. Skivvies are like boxers that are worn over briefs.

LuShes
Sexy location?

American Voice
Oh, LuShes, do you ever think about anything else? You make me blush.

LuShes
I'm in my prime..what can I say? lol

American Voice
A woman's prime comes later, dear, you'll burn yourself out premature.

LuShes
Are you a woman?

American Voice
No, I'm not a woman, but I have known women.

Haggis McBagpipe
Fair enough, for really, men see certain aspects of women in a different light than we see ourselves, and often with an understanding that we cannot see in self-reflection. Just as women see men differently than they see themselves.

American Voice
Which is why we need each other, to be whole.

LuShes
Prime = child baring years

Sure sex has gotten better from when I was a teen. And who knows I am sure it will get better.

American Voice
Lush, you should expect that it will do. As your capacity for intimacy matures, the depth of your sexuality will do likewise.

LuShes
Thank you Mr. Sue Johanson... lol

American Voice
As you learn to be relaxed, your blood will circulate better, and your depth of breathing will improve. Simple mechanics, my love.