DOES ANYBODY BLINKIN' WORK AROUND HERE???

Haggis McBagpipe
Hilarious. The weekend is so-so around here, but come the workday, all hell breaks loose!

peapod
This is a first! your charm is waning ubergod...you post a topic and no replies. I hope this does put you in therapy. I can post all day long because I pretty much work alone, sometimes I don't see my boss for weeks. Didn't you know all maytag repair/persons are very lonely people We have our own theme song, it goes something like this. One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one, Its the loneliest number since the number one, no is the saddest experience you'll ever know, Yes its the saddest experience you'll ever know...yadayada

Haggis McBagpipe
Ha! Not a first by any stretch, I am actually quite good at posting little orphan threads that die from lack of food. I don't mind, you win some, you lose some, and this one wasn't a Thread of Importance.

American Voice
Not a thread of importance?! Are you kidding?! No, no one here works. Work? Bite your tongue!

Seriously, I have also noticed the tidal forces that operate here. Someone could do a master's thesis, and probably is. I look at the number of posts I have accumulated, and I'm a little shocked. I acquired this fascination while my Dad was away, and now when he occasionally comes into the office, he sees me posting furiously away at odd hours. He might be a little puzzled, but he hasn't said anything. I did tell him I was going over the hours limit this cycle, and that I would compensate the household budget accordingly.

Reverend Blair
I thought posting was work...you mean I don't get paid for this?

researchok
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

I thought posting was work...you mean I don't get paid for this?

I get paid.

And the cheque cleared, too.

Diamond Sun
Well, here I am, I make time to come on here. The family is down watching a movie I've already seen so I can easily escape. I come on here, and what do I see. Not much. No craziness is abounding tonight, and I'm feeling very much left out.

Stupid work getting in the way...

researchok
Yeah, what a shame.

Work has a way of ruining things..

Haggis McBagpipe
It was an interesting time for me, the cable company had an outage yesterday. It got fixed, but I was still not back online... well, duh, that's because I reset the modem and rebooted but did NOT reset the ethernet. Pfft to me for that one. Anyway, I am back but not with much steam tonight.

Someone had just better smarten up, get over and post on my thread about our fearful society and how it affects kids or ELSE!! There, does that sound sufficiently threatening? Will it do any good?

Okay, that does it....

researchok
Suffering the DT's?

How did we get along before the net.....?

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by researchok

How did we get along before the net.....?

We worked at things that earned money, our paltry lives spent hunched over the job, vacant faces staring into the future wondering, 'is this all there is?'... just sad drones slaving away for a paycheque.

Aha! But now we are free!

We work at the thing that doesn't earn us a dime, our paltry lives spent hunched over the keyboard, vacant faces staring into the fugure wondering, 'is this all there is?'... just sad drones slaving away for... ummm...

researchok
Boy, arent YOU miss happiness!

Im still in awe of fax machines and fedex.

Still, it was the net that brought us together....

Haggis McBagpipe

Boy, arent YOU miss happiness!

Im still in awe of fax machines and fedex.

Still, it was the net that brought us together....

8-) My name is Pollyanna. I am an addict.

researchok
Lucky you, knowing who you are.

Me, Im just clueless.

Haggis McBagpipe

Lucky you, knowing who you are.

Me, Im just clueless.

I'll give you a hint. There are cashews, there are walnuts, there are pecans....

Okay. Now listen up you and AV. This board is now closed for the next ten minutes so that I can make my getaway. Any posting in that ten minute period will result in the most severe penalties.

peapod
Haggis you are dying here. Kick it up a notch and come up with one of your famous topics. Put a little cajun in your oatmeal.