I'm Dying to Know!

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Purely hypothetical: If you could know the answer to everything... the meaning of life, the existence or not of God, the understanding of how it all started, how it will end, and so on - the Big Enchalada of Answers, in other words, but the price of learning these answers would be death immediately after hearing it, would you choose life or go for the answer? Why?

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Haggis, I'm not that shallow. I want it all.

I want to live.

I want to know what they put into sushi to make it so addictive and I want to know why the federal govermnent hasn't banned beets.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Ahh, clearly you have your finger on the Meaning of Life! Super-sushi it, please.

And tsk, beets are good for you, and they add interesting colour to otherwise boring old yellow. :cool:

Anyway, I would happily die if it meant knowing the unknowable. My curiosity could not resist saying yes. In fact, my curiosity is what makes me dread death the most, 'cause you don't get to find out how the story ends. It irks me no end.

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
I wouldn't want to know. Because whatever the meaning was, or whatever the purpose was, I'd most likely die knowing I hadn't fulfilled whatever the meaning was.

However, not knowing and just living my life, I can be happy in my ignorance.

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
I'm just to pragmatic I guess.

1. Beets ain't happenin'.

2. I've made peace with not being all knowing all the time. Actually, I respect the quest. The quest is my motivator.

3. By the way, John Kerry must disassociate himself from green, purple and yellow ketchup. Upside bottles, though, are a good thing.

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Nah I'd be friends with someone I disliked.. put a bug on them so when they found it all out and died I would have it recorded and thus not die.. unless I did die in which case it'd turn into a case of 'the tape' haha.. ahhh Im bored

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
I admire Nader, his steadfastness.

But I dislike his 'fast and fancy free' approach to alot of things. Bottom line, there are too many instances of 'do as i say, not as I do.'

Turns out, he is one hell of a stock trader.