Directv or Dishnet

Andem
Hey, I've been told so much about these dishes and actually seen some nice programming on them.. I believe they are still "grey market" here, even though some legislation was passed.

My question is, what's the best way to get these products (receiver and dish and h or hu card), and what kind of additional hardware should I purchase, because I know you can emulate a card through your computer.

To be honest, I dont know the difference between an H card and an HU card. *shrugs*.

Finally, I saw somewhere you can use a bell expressvu dish to get dishnet, is this true and what are the steps to doing this?

no1important
I am looking at getting a direct tv. more programming, no canadaian stations stealing american feeds , be able to watch wrestling and baywatch on tnn. Just more variety. Lots of good channels that shaw will never carry or bell/starchoice either.

Andem
Yeah, do you know exactly what kind of costs are involved? I would be willing to do emulation through my computer but I've been told costs can range anywhere from $350 to $700 or more. Plus the fact your card is always getting zapped (which is why I would probably opt for emulation).

It doesn't make me feel guilty one bit, because by our laws its legal to take these signals and use them. Its a 'free world' as the americans say and these signals are just floating around us!

no1important
I would not feel guilty either. It is too bad the CRTC is stuck in the dark ages. You have to have 1 cdn channel for each American channel. Canadian channels are crap anyways and all they do is show 90% American tv anyways. I wish the crtc would let Bell/Star choice/ Shaw carry TNT,MSG,HBO,SHO etc. Where I klive Seattle has 11 local stations but we only get 6 of them. Why? Shaw won't even give us the Seattle WB they want to force you to get digital cable or buy a star choice (which shaw owns) to get LA WB.

Andem
Yeah, its quite amuzing that shaw owns cable and satellite.. They dont even have as much ANTI-SATELLITE marketing schemes going on as Rogers because hey, they've got a large interest in satellite also, go figure.

Vincent_2002
My friend's family has dishnet, it's really cool. you get many channels from the usa.

paul stanley
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Yeah, its quite amuzing that shaw owns cable and satellite.. They dont even have as much ANTI-SATELLITE marketing schemes going on as Rogers because hey, they've got a large interest in satellite also, go figure.

Can anyone tell me why all satellites are "wrong satellite found" on my screen.
I recently got a dishnet receiver and dish. I found the bell satellite and the screen turned green, but for the dishnet, it won't.
Can anyone tell me why?
Thanks in advance

paul stanley

I recently got a dishnet receiver and dish. I found the bell satellite and the screen turned green, but for the dishnet, it won't.
Can anyone tell me why?
Thanks in advance

paul stanley

Can anyone tell me why?
Thanks in advance

no new posts