Shameful :: Most Canadians can’t name all 9 provinces

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Shameful :: Most Canadians can’t name all 9 provinces

A study released today showed 93% of Canadians could not name all 9 Canadian provinces and 2 territories.

The study, by Ipos-Reid, struck some observers as worrying.

“When only 27% of people can name all of our states, that speaks to a shocking level of civic knowledge in our republic”, said Beth Johnson, Professor of Political Science at the University of Windsor and author of “The English North America Act and the Founding of Canada.”

The prairie provinces of PEI, Nova Scotia and Yellowknife have the most informed citizens according to the study. Moving eastward, Albertans were the least informed, with only 10% able to name Lord John E. MacDonald as the founder of Canada.

Reaction to the study in the capital region was swift. “I am appalled at these findings”, said Minister of Finance John Baird as he waited to hop on a plane to meet with financial heavyweights on Banks Street in Regina.

source Beaverton ;) :lol:

lol 10 & 3..

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I wonder how many people in the UK could name all of England's 48 counties and nine regions; Scotland's 32 council areas; the 22 counties and county boroughs of Wales; and the 11 districts of Northern Ireland.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Scary thing is.. he truly is the best candidate out of all Democrat and Republican.. because he will run the USA like a corporation and balance the budget.. beef up the military and put China in check.

...and probably invade Canada.. LOL

Go Donald from Canada!!!!

B00Mer for Trump!

All Day!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Canada being divided into nine provinces - and even the USA into 50 states - seems so simple in comparison.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories Blackleaf. Beaverton is a Fake News site.

But that's okay, I know shit about your country..

So some website is calling Canadians thick for not being able to name all of its provinces whilst it itself is getting the number of provinces wrong.

I reckon, though, you've just had to Google the number of provinces and territories there are.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Well, let's see ... there's Alberta and BC and Saskatchewan and Manitoba and Toronto.

Right?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You sneak in the back door over and over and we always see Avro has visited Canadian Content at the bottom of the Forum Page.

*snicker*

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Scary thing is.. he truly is the best candidate out of all Democrat and Republican.. because he will run the USA like a corporation and balance the budget.. beef up the military and put China in check.

...and probably invade Canada.. LOL

Go Donald from Canada!!!!

B00Mer Loves Trump!