Immigrating To Canada

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's not as easy as you may think.

I've been looking over the application process and using the self assement utilty to if I qualify with the basics.

So far I failed the Express Entry requirements using my age, as a US citizen requesting permanent status to live and work in New Brunswick (random) English speaker without taking an EFL test.

Your results

Express Entry

Based on your answers, you do not appear to be eligible for Express Entry

Other ways to immigrate

You can try the Come to Canada wizard, if you think you may be eligible under another federal immigration program.

If you are still interested in coming to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your eligibility and apply for Express Entry at a later date.

For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a higher level of education.

You may also consider applying directly to provinces and territories through the Provincial Nominee Program.

However, you can still complete an Express Entry profile.

To be accepted into the pool, you must first demonstrate that you meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry.

Do you want to come to Canada, or extend your stay?

Now to try the Come to Canada Wizard.

Still no go with my profession, experience, and under $13K to live on.

You have to buy your way in.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Or you could just slip across the border in Quebec or Manitoba

And sit in a CBSA pokey eating microwaved Hungry Man meals until immigration courts can fill a bus to the nearest Port of Entry?

No thanks. Sounds like a stupid idea to me.

Well, I couldn't find this wizard, kept getting told I am ineligible for express entry though.

Keep trying and upping your cash assets until it says yes.

BINGO!

There it is

That's a trip to the pokey.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No Trump shit.

Thank you.

Excuse me?? Two of my ex-wifes are foreigners and are now Canadian citizens because of me..

Marrying a Canadian Citizen | Spousal Sponsorship

And it took how long and was it guaranteed? This is about clueing in those who think it's instant and guaranteed

Visa isn't landed immigrant is it?

From your link...

Becoming a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada does not automatically happen when you marry a Canadian citizen, you need to go through an application process. It is a common misconception that people who marry Canadians are automatically granted citizenship or residence of some kind.

Marrying a Canadian Citizen | Spousal Sponsorship

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
And it took how long and was it guaranteed? This is about clueing in those who think it's instant and guaranteed

Read my link, it's not instant.

9 months she has a temporary work permit and Social Security Number starting with a 9 and shortly after moving the file 6 times to make sure it was placed on the top, 6 months later permanent.

Now for some hard facts Petros..

Philippine women marry white guys in a record number and put out for a few months, then make a report.. spousal abuse.. and guess what.. they are granted residency.

There are so many friggin scams to staying in the dam country after you get married.. it's sad.

Fortunately, I did not have that experience, however I have had friends who have.

Currently living with my 1st ex-wife.. Common Law Marriage to my ex-wife 8O

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Or you could just slip across the border in Quebec or Manitoba

Well, I couldn't find this wizard, kept getting told I am ineligible for express entry though.
Isn't it paved yet? That is the same route that was in use before the war of 1812?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Read my link, it's not instant.

9 months she has a temporary work permit and shortly after moving the file 6 times to make sure it was placed on the top, 6 months later permanent.

Now for same hard facts Petros..

Philippine women marry white guys in a record number and put out for a few months, then make a report.. spousal abuse.. and guess what.. they are granted residency.

There are so many friggin scams to staying in the dam country after you get married.. it's sad.

Fortunately, I did not have that experience, however I have had friends who have.

I already said that. it's the point of the thread.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That is because they get pregnant as they are the chambermaids in most hotels and motels and being young and cute they would be happy to marry a rich horny Canadian or face living in a brothel if they had to go back home, even if they both regretted it down the road.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's not as easy as you may think.

I've been looking over the application process and using the self assement utilty to if I qualify with the basics.

So far I failed the Express Entry requirements using my age, as a US citizen requesting permanent status to live and work in New Brunswick (random) English speaker without taking an EFL test.

Your results

Express Entry

Based on your answers, you do not appear to be eligible for Express Entry

Other ways to immigrate

You can try the Come to Canada wizard, if you think you may be eligible under another federal immigration program.

If you are still interested in coming to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your eligibility and apply for Express Entry at a later date.

For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a higher level of education.

You may also consider applying directly to provinces and territories through the Provincial Nominee Program.

However, you can still complete an Express Entry profile.

To be accepted into the pool, you must first demonstrate that you meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry.

Do you want to come to Canada, or extend your stay?

Now to try the Come to Canada Wizard.

Still no go with my profession, experience, and under $13K to live on.

You have to buy your way in.

How's it going, Petros? Have you accumulated enough points to stay, yet?