Climate change is a natural phenomenon

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Human produced or not. To argue otherwise is to argue humans are not a natural phenomenon.

How could that be, if Nature made us?

I think religion has messed up people's minds and brainwashed them to believe they are unnatural.

Humans may have influence on climate, the same way volcanos can have influence on climate. And it's perfectly fine.

Its all by design. Anyone worried about climate change is a fool. Its like worrying about the sun setting at night.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I think religion has messed up people's minds and brainwashed them to believe they are unnatural.
Running off-topic a bit here but, it's not just religion that's messed up people's minds. It's our own hubris and egotism that do it. Think about this for a moment. We think we're so damn special because of all we have accomplished and the potential to accomplish more. We set ourselves as apart from the animals when we are in fact, still animals. Even many among the non-religious have convinced themselves of how "special and unique" we are. Well, first off, all life is special and unique so we're not all that really. Secondly, there are animal species out there that are at least as intelligent as humans, and maybe more so.
I'm going to state the two things (or three depending on how you want to count them) that make humans top dog, and it's got less to do with intellect than one might think. Dry land and opposable thumbs. Yes, I'm aware that all apes have opposable thumbs but the rest of them tend to have four instead of two. Which mean that while being quite agile climbers, they aren't suitable for long distance running. And without that ability, you can't hunt down the meat you need to cook and eat to make your brain grow bigger. Nor can you hunt down game for potential domestication and animal husbandry, an essential step in becoming a civilization.
Sure, cetaceans are just as intelligent or more so than we are, but have you ever tried to light a friction fire under water? Or even on the water? And the domestication of fire is pretty much the first step in becoming a civilization.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Climate Change, there were a lot of deniers for Smoking Kills you and big money behind the lie.

Same shit happening with Climate Change, but its now Big Companies not wanting to pay more.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
I have a son who is a Forestry graduate from a very good University. His job is Forest Mensuration and reading the growth rings from cut trees is one of the specialties he does. In his years of doing this the tree rings go back for up to 800 years. The growth ring evidence does bear out this as a fact. It is cyclical and there have been some periods of drought that lasted fore up to 40 years and then some very wet years as ell.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I have a son who is a Forestry graduate from a very good University. His job is Forest Mensuration and reading the growth rings from cut trees is one of the specialties he does. In his years of doing this the tree rings go back for up to 800 years. The growth ring evidence does bear out this as a fact. It is cyclical and there have been some periods of drought that lasted fore up to 40 years and then some very wet years as ell.

Fact

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Has anyone ever claimed this was not true?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Climate Change, there were a lot of deniers for Smoking Kills you and big money behind the lie.

Same shit happening with Climate Change, but its now Big Companies not wanting to pay more.

You missed a few of others, namely burning gasoline does not cause smog; burning coal containing sulphur does not cause acid rain; and the oil industry does not get government subsidies.