Urgent Help Appeal

helpseeker

Jan 31, 2017
I came to Canada as an International student and I wanted to settle down in this country but my work permit is expiring in precisely 2.5 months and I have no means to extend my stay or apply for immigration as I am doing a labor job which cannot support my immigration case.

The immigration application requirement is I have to find a job offer in managerial category and an employer who is willing to sponsor me which I am unable to find till now.
I do not wanna go back now as I already spend almost 5 years in this country and I am supporting my family now. I just cannot restart my life from scratch If I go back now also job situation in my country is worse then here besides I came here to get settled and thats why I spend 3 times more fee then regular as an international student but even after completion of my studies I didn't get a job.

So please if someone can help me find a job decent job that can sponsor me for immigration or help me settle down in this country I really appreciate it.

I am an educated male in my 30's and I came to Canada as an international student. After my 2 years Post Graduate Diploma studies I received a 3 years work permit from Canadian government since then I am searching for a decent job in my field but because of the economy I was unable to find one and so I started doing jobs that can pay my bills currently I am working as a forklift operator since it has a decent wage, I pay my taxes and I never applied for any government or private assistance but now the situation I am in is out of my hand.

This is the last resort I come up with as I know that Canada is the country who helped many immigrants and refugees to settle down and so I am posting this help appeal on public forums in hopes that someone might be able to help me in my life crisis also if someone can recommend me some organization who can support my case for free I really appreciate that as well.

NOTE: I cannot pay high fees to consultants or lawyers also employers who pray on people by paying extremely low wages in exchange for sponsorship please don't contact me as I no longer have time to waste.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I came to Canada as an International student and I wanted to settle down in this country but my work permit is expiring in precisely 2.5 months and I have no means to extend my stay or apply for immigration as I am doing a labor job which cannot support my immigration case.

The immigration application requirement is I have to find a job offer in managerial category and an employer who is willing to sponsor me which I am unable to find till now.
I do not wanna go back now as I already spend almost 5 years in this country and I am supporting my family now. I just cannot restart my life from scratch If I go back now also job situation in my country is worse then here besides I came here to get settled and thats why I spend 3 times more fee then regular as an international student but even after completion of my studies I didn't get a job.

So please if someone can help me find a job decent job that can sponsor me for immigration or help me settle down in this country I really appreciate it.

I am an educated male in my 30's and I came to Canada as an international student. After my 2 years Post Graduate Diploma studies I received a 3 years work permit from Canadian government since then I am searching for a decent job in my field but because of the economy I was unable to find one and so I started doing jobs that can pay my bills currently I am working as a forklift operator since it has a decent wage, I pay my taxes and I never applied for any government or private assistance but now the situation I am in is out of my hand.

This is the last resort I come up with as I know that Canada is the country who helped many immigrants and refugees to settle down and so I am posting this help appeal on public forums in hopes that someone might be able to help me in my life crisis also if someone can recommend me some organization who can support my case for free I really appreciate that as well.

NOTE: I cannot pay high fees to consultants or lawyers also employers who pray on people by paying extremely low wages in exchange for sponsorship please don't contact me as I no longer have time to waste.

Which province are you residing/working in?

helpseeker

Jan 31, 2017
I'd try starting here..............................Extend your work permit

They may be able to help you or direct you to someone who can. Good luck
They want me find a sponsor who is willing to give me job in a managerial/Supervisor category, and so I am looking for an employer who is willing to sponsor me by filing LMIA and offer me a job in their company in a supervisory position.
that is the requirement for me to extend my work-permit also I am not from a visa exempt country.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
What country are you from? What field of work are you qualified for? Do you speak good English? Nobody is going to help you without that information.

If all else fails claim refugee status and you'll be in in an eyeblink!

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
'I am doing a labor job which cannot support my immigration case."

"The immigration application requirement is I have to find a job offer in managerial category"

Can you sweet talk your Boss into signing papers stating you do managerial work at his company? I dunno...just thinking outside the box here.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
What field is your diploma in?

I've got buds. One owns an Engineering firm...the other a Fencing company...another a string of Hair Salons. You sound legit, but I'd need a boatload more information from you.

It would be a pretty big 'ask' on my part, not knowing anything about you.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
The requirement to find a job in a managerial capacity is not credible, especially for a non Canadian.
Sounds like your another immigrant trying to pull the wool over compassionate Canadians.

Better try a better line or go back to your country.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Ummm never heard of a specific job level for sponsorships, and we've sponsored a few. To jump you to the top of the ladder would mean of course pushing aside an employee who's worked hard for many years and is in-line for the very Supervisor/Manager position you want!! Good Luck man.

helpseeker

Jan 31, 2017
What country are you from? What field of work are you qualified for? Do you speak good English? Nobody is going to help you without that information.

If all else fails claim refugee status and you'll be in in an eyeblink!
Hi
I am not qualified for a refugee status because i am not from a war effected country, even if I apply Canadian Immigration will surely reject my appeal.
Thanks for your response though, Also I am from Pakistan.

I sense the beginnings of a spam-this-sh!t-everywhere d00d:

Urgent help appeal | other | Sarnia | Kijiji

sarnia?

okeedokee hoss.
I did not mention this in my post actually, I studied in Sarnia's Lambton College before moving to Calgary, Alberta.
Thats why I posted my MSG in Sarnia too.

Ummm never heard of a specific job level for sponsorships, and we've sponsored a few. To jump you to the top of the ladder would mean of course pushing aside an employee who's worked hard for many years and is in-line for the very Supervisor/Manager position you want!! Good Luck man.
Well the requirements have changed over the past few years, new changes came in 2014 on the same year I graduated the new rules are you have find a job offer in a supervisor/managerial category which is category B or O and that job offer needs to be approved from HRDC. As an international student/foreigner, employer cannot hire you directly for the job without looking for potential Canadians fist which means they have to approve that job first from HRDC and file LMIA.
And its very difficult to find that kind of employment in the current job market which leave us open to worker abuse because there are employers out there who offer jobs in exchange for low wage and long working hours, most of these employers are small business owners who like you to work in Tim Hortons or pizza shops or max stores with low pay.

The requirement to find a job in a managerial capacity is not credible, especially for a non Canadian.
Sounds like your another immigrant trying to pull the wool over compassionate Canadians.

Better try a better line or go back to your country.
Not everyone is a scammer, like i said in my post I am already doing a job but my job is not qualifying me to apply for Immigration I explained this in detail when I answered Remington1.
Also you can find great details on CIC website. Nowadays its very easy to counter check the information so please dont accuse without checking the information first.

What field is your diploma in?

I've got buds. One owns an Engineering firm...the other a Fencing company...another a string of Hair Salons. You sound legit, but I'd need a boatload more information from you.

It would be a pretty big 'ask' on my part, not knowing anything about you.
Hi
Thanks for your response, I have Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management from Lambton college Sarnia, after my studies I moved to Calgary to look for job in oil and gas since that is my field also I have a masters and bachelors degree from my home country Pakistan, and have many short courses which are related to my field like advance fire fighting, advance first aid, oil tanker course since I use to work in Oil and Gas shipping company as senior health and safely coordinator in Pakistan.
But i am not getting a job in that field here, and so i started worked for jobs which pay my bills but at the same time I applied in many different companies but didn't get lucky and now my workpermit is expiring
Please if you can give me your email I can send you my resume.
thanks for your response again.

Kathie Bondar

Kathie Bondar
May 11, 2010
Calgary, Alberta

You are not alone. Tons of Asians come here to study just to be able to land a job and stay, then bring over their families, their extended families all the relatives under the sun. We see this all time time, not only from Pakistan but India and China, so you are not alone, we heard your story before.