Not my rights movement

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Currently, LGBTIQCAPGNGFNBA is believed to be the world’s longest acronym used to describe human sexual orientations and gender identities. Chances are it’s already been surpassed by an even longer acronym with the self-discovery of yet another person, or group of persons, with a unique gender fixation. It’s probably pointless to try to memorize what all the letters stand for, because theoretically there’s no limit to the proliferation of sexual identities. But some of them come with unique pronouns, and you had better learn those. Otherwise you might run afoul of new federal and provincial human rights and hate crimes laws.

How on earth did we get here?

Well, in the beginning there was G. And it was good. I’m not talking about God but about Gays. Back in the early 1980s, I joined the fight for gay rights and marched in the Toronto Gay Pride parade. Before G, there was actually H, for Homophile, as in the Queen’s (University) Homophile Association, which I discovered in 1978. I have to admit I welcomed the change from H to G.

It didn’t take long before Lesbians decided they had to have their own letter. I always thought that G could have covered them. But they were insistent and Gay Pride morphed into Gay and Lesbian Pride. Before long we realized, with almost no debate, that we couldn’t leave out bisexuals, and so we became the LGB community.

LGB was no ordinary acronym. It had an electromagnetic charge and began attracting other letters. Soon it became LGBT, with the T standing for Transgender/Transsexual. LGBT then added a Q for queer. I still don’t understand the difference between a queer person and a gay person, but apparently some queers do. And one good Q obviously deserves another, so Q for questioning was added to make it LGBTQQ, or LGBTQ? for those who prefer punctuation over repetition.

At this point there was some serious momentum. The next addition was the letter I for intersex – people born with indeterminate genitalia, an exceedingly small percentage of the population. Race broke into the line-up with the addition of 2, meaning two-spirit in reference to First Nations people who have both a feminine and a masculine spirit. Other letters that have been added include U for unsure, C for curious, P for polyamorous, F for flexual, A for asexual, and so on and so forth.

more

Not my rights movement | C2C Journal

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Man hating is how we got to this.

LMAO - man hating...

Cry me a river. I don't hate men, but if men are the biggest reasons people are dying or being put to violence because they're too insure in their own selves to have a pair, then they deserve the hate.

Personally I think the whole acronym has gotten out of hand. Human sexuality is too diverse and people are too lazy to bother caring about all the sub-sections of each area.

GLBTAQ, for me, covers it all.

Of course after all the push for it, you have idiots trying to 'break away' from it all. Hard Core Lesbians (TERF types especially) want the L out of the GLBT, Hard Core Gays want the G out... then again they have what they wanted and don't care about the rest still being treated as they were not that long ago, or are treating people horribly themselves.

The whole issue is just one big mess.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The biggest threat to members of this community are other members of this community... up until Orlando that is.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I'm interested in the people that identify as animals. What a curious life they must live and how exactly do they display their 'animal nature'? Do they dress up in costumes? Perhaps they assume the poses of the animals and act out their behavior? I wonder if the dog humans pee on fire hydrants and trees. I'm just full of questions about these type of folks.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
There is a simple solution to the never-ending parade of acronyms, simply mind your own business. Quite frankly I don't give a damn what people call themselves. If they like they can call themselves Martians - it simply isn't any of my business.

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
Agree with that sentiment but it's becoming more and more difficult to escape queer tentacles. Sexual options as taught by tdsb cover run of the mill configurations and it appears ottawa feels they haven't placed enough emphasis on safe 'gearing up' as students practice their lessons. How LGBTIQCAPGNGFNBA ever got to the classroom confounds, sex ed I always felt was about safe sex but it's become a primer for alternate 'applications'.
Ottawa prepares for 2017 action with custom condoms | Metro Ottawa

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
What happened to "the government staying out of the bedrooms of the nation". Wasn't that a "Trudeauism" when papa was in power?

I don't give a snot what you do when you're at home; I don't care what or who you are as long as you don't infringe on my right to be who I am, say and do what I want, (as long as it's legal). I am so tired of the BS. So you're "queer" or"gay" or "lesbian" or "trans something-or-other" - get over the fact that I may or may not give a damn ok??

We are sol self-absorbed that it's becoming absolutely ridiculous and it's not very flattering for sure.

JMHO

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
What happened to "the government staying out of the bedrooms of the nation". Wasn't that a "Trudeauism" when papa was in power?

I don't give a snot what you do when you're at home; I don't care what or who you are as long as you don't infringe on my right to be who I am, say and do what I want, (as long as it's legal). I am so tired of the BS. So you're "queer" or"gay" or "lesbian" or "trans something-or-other" - get over the fact that I may or may not give a damn ok??

We are sol self-absorbed that it's becoming absolutely ridiculous and it's not very flattering for sure.

JMHO

And there are many gays, lesbians, bi's, trans, etc people tired of it too. Sadly there are still people who are not any of these things - and many who are - who make it a big deal. So instead of people bitching and moaning at the GLBTA crowd, why not bitch and moan at the people who are causing the issue?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

JMHO

SOme of these people want to control what you can say. And think. Because they know better than you what is right.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
its all being used as forms of balkanizaton, and divide and CONqure, like racism is.
gotta keep the peeps disunited

this way the elite few get to use the weight of the masses to direct their force
on what the stupid do not realize is themselves

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
I can sum it up in another manner: Political correctness has become a competition among the most polarized of the population, it is a dog pile and a race to the bottom all at once, and absolutely nothing to be proud of, and yet it continues.

There must come a point where tolerance becomes toxic to all of us.