First Day On The Job Walmart Security Guy Fails

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Imagine shopping at a store paying the cashier and then moments later manhandled as you try to leave. This happened to a Tampa woman walking out of a Walmart.

As 10Investigates explains how this woman claims she was not only framed - but physically detained over less than $30.

The incident happened two years ago as Vicki Carll was walking out of a Tampa Walmart.

Carll says, ”It was the most humiliating thing you could ever go through.”

As soon as she walked out the door, two men grabbed her, manhandled her and dragged her back into the store.

At the time Carll says she was baffled. “I didn't know what was happening, I thought I was being mugged, actually, because I had $500 in my hand and I didn't know what was going on, I had no idea.”

It turned out Carll was being arrested for shoplifting. The security guard who was waiting on a bench next to the exit said she stole flea medication worth $29.

Carll's attorney, Barry Cohen calls the incident , “Shameful! Shameful!”

Cohen claims this was an elaborate plan by the security guard to frame his client. In a lawsuit filed Monday afternoon, Cohen points out the security tape shows the guard, who just started that day, dumped something on the floor from a box and then seconds later accused Carll of stealing that item.

According to Cohen, a veteran attorney, “I've never seen a case I can think about where the bad guy, in this case the Walmart employee, was actually caught on video planting the evidence.

Walmart asked the state to prosecute and a jury found her not guilty in less than a minute.

watch the video

Woman sues Walmart after being cleared of shoplifting | WTSP.com