Heartless activist tells boy with cancer: 'Just die'

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Heartless activist tells boy with cancer: 'Just die'
Postmedia Network
First posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 12:43 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 12:48 PM EDT
A little boy fighting for his life against a rare bone cancer and who dreams of being a matador has been told by animal rights activists: “Just die”.
The shocking messages on social media came just hours after Adrián Hinojosa, 8, joined matadors for a lap of honour during a charity bullfight in Valencia to raise money for a children’s cancer unit.
One activist wrote on the boy’s Facebook page: “What do I think? I’m not going to be politically correct. So. Just die, Just die already. A sick child who wants to get better so he that he can kill innocent and healthy herbivores who also want to live. Come onnnn! Adrián, you going [sic] to die.”
Another sicko wrote: "What more needless spending is going on the treatment of Adrián, the child with cancer who wants to be a bullfighter and cut ears."
The boy’s parents were shocked and saddened by the twisted response.
His mother responded on social media: "We only ask for respect for a child who is going through bad times and for his family too who only want to help realize his dreams."
Yet many anti-bullfighting crusaders are firmly in the boy’s corner, expressing outrage at their efforts being hijacked by fanatics.
But most important was brave little Adrián.
“He dreams of becoming a bullfighter, this experience has given him strength and raised his spirits as he battles cancer,” told Spanish media.
Adrián Hinojosa (Handout photo)

Heartless activist tells boy with cancer: 'Just die' | World | News | Toronto Su

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
All time low. Poor little boy. What he's being put through right now is horrendous enough.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
All time low. Poor little boy. What he's being put through right now is horrendous enough.

Yeah, I'm afraid there are some "real pieces of work" in this world, hopefully very few and far between, but there is that reality. I guess the best we can hope for is they die a lingering and painful death.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
...and just as expected, JLM stops by to lower himself down to the same level as the twits in the OP. Is anybody really surprised?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Inorite? JLM is so offended at somebody wishing somebody else would die that he wishes they would die.

Can't fix stupid.

Maybe I subscribe to the old "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" philosophy - all you had to do was ask. Just because "fixing stupid" didn't work for you? :) :)

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
True, all of us are going to die; but to frighten the child in this way is not acceptable; it is better to assure him, but not to speak to him in this way, and who knows: it may be the activist will die and the child may live.

The child is not responsible about his acts or thoughts, even the law of the UN will not take him to account for his words.

He can be made to understand that bullfighting is ugly and inhumane, but never to speak to him harshly and ruthlessly in this way.

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Kids Wish stuff is all about hope. Whether that hope leads to a recovery or some happy final days really doesn't matter. There's a time for political correctness. Even the stupidest of narrow-minded twits know the chances of that boy ever being strong enough to fight a bull are slim at best.

The "what's the point" is devoted to the tag team....

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Might I suggest the guy get thrown over the same fence, . . . as many times as it takes. One short quote allowed between events.