Surviving Terrorism

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Here are seven steps you can take to maximize your chances of survival in a time of random terrorist attacks.

1. Eat well.

2. Take moderate exercise daily.

3. Don't smoke.

4. Drink in moderation.

5. Don't speed.

6. Wear seatbelts.

7. Pay full attention to your driving.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I don't get it. I guess it must be sarcasm.
lol
Aside from parking in a fire zone, there is a certain randomness to terrorism

"Drowning in a Bathtub: 1 in 685,000
Fatally Slipping during a Shower: 1 in 812,232
Being Struck by Lightning: 1 in 576,000
Being Murdered: 1 in 18,000
Dying from any kind of Injury: 1 in 1,820
Dying from intentional Self-harm: 1 in 9,380
Dying from an Assault: 1 in 16,421
Dying from a Car Accident: 1 in 18,585
Dying from any kind of Fall: 1 in 20,666
Dying from Accidental Drowning: 1 in 79,065
Dying from Exposure to Smoke, Fire, and Flames: 1 in 81,524
Dying from Forces of Nature (earthquake, heat, cold, lightning, flood): 1 in 225,107
Dying from Choking on Food: 1 in 370,035
Dying in a Fireworks Accident: 1 in 1,000,000
Dying from a Dog Bite: 1 in 700,000
Dying from Falling off a Ladder: 1 in 2,300,000
Dying form unintentional Alcohol Poisoning: 1 in 820,217
Dying from a Heart Disease: 1 in 5
Dying from a Cancer: 1 in 7
Dying from a Stroke: 1 in 23
Dying from Electrocution: 1 in 5,000
Bee, Snake Venomous Sting: 1 in 100,000
Scalded by Hot Tap Water: 1 in 5,000,000
By Falling Coconut: 1 in 250,000,000
By a Shark Attack: 1 in 300,000,000
Dying of a Snake Bite: 1 in 3,500,000
Dying from Food Poisoning: 1 in 3,000,000
Dying from Accident at Work: 1 in 43,500
Dying in a Road Accident: 1 in 8,000
And odds of dying in a terrorist attack while on-board is 1 in 25,000,000 (25 million) and the overall average of dying in any kind of terrorist attack worldwide is 1 in 9,300,000 (9.3 million).
https://www.techjuice.pk/a-data-scientist-explains-odds-of-dying-in-a-terrorist-attack/

LOL
One would hope to induce random googling to clear things up
but I'll always do my best to oblige if asked

As for parking in a fire zone:

"According to the Israel Defense Forces, during the 442 days from the beginning of the current Palestinian intifada until the end of December, 2001, 120 Israelis were killed by terrorist suicide bombings, shootings, hit-and-runs, stabbings, or other means within “Israel proper,” that is, not including terror victims in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.

All of these murders are tragic, and I do not intend in any way to make light of them here. However, given that 6.3 million people reside within Israel proper, these deaths work out to an annual personal risk of death from terrorism of 16 in one million, within the boundaries of Israel proper, which would be the destination of most visitors.

Is this a big risk or a little risk? Let’s compare first with the risk of death from motor vehicle accidents in Israel, since one thing tourists do is travel around. Again, excluding the West Bank and Gaza, Israel’s Central Bureau of Statistics reports 461 traffic fatalities during the 2000 calendar year. This adds up to an annual personal risk of 73 per one million, which is nearly four times higher than the risk of death from terrorism.

So what, you say - this makes Israel look worse! Look again. The 2000 Statistical Abstract of the United States reports that about 41,500 traffic fatalities have occurred in each of the past several years in the US. With a population of 286 million people, the annual personal risk of death from a motor vehicle accident in the United States is 145 per one million."
Safety in Israel

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Terrorism only works if you're terrorised, that's why it doesn't work so well in Israel.

I think you're wrong. Only people terrified of paying for thier cruelty to others would terrify those others as a soothing balm for disturbed minds. And there is no doubt that Israel is a terrorist nation who supports and armed the mercenaries butchering the people of Syria.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I think you're wrong. Only people terrified of paying for thier cruelty to others would terrify those others as a soothing balm for disturbed minds. And there is no doubt that Israel is a terrorist nation who supports and armed the mercenaries butchering the people of Syria.

So I guess Bashar al Assad is the victim here, and Putin is just giving him a helping hand.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
So I guess Bashar al Assad is the victim here, and Putin is just giving him a helping hand.

Assads government is the elected peoples choice (mutiple times) of government and Putin is covering the underbelly of the Eurasian continent which has long been lusted after by the scum who rule the miserable western world. No country has any business in Syria without the expressed consent or invitation of it's elected government. The United States and its vassals are commiting an act of war and under the Nurembourge articles has put itself in a position to be tried for war crimes, and that will one day be the greatest show on earth, the gutting of a tyranical evil power responsible for millions upon millions of murders in the name of democracy.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Terrorism only works if you're terrorised, that's why it doesn't work so well in Israel.
Really?? Isn't all that military hardware to protect them from some bottle rockets fired from Gaza?? (taps foot repeatedly)

How about real vs engineered?? Is there a difference in that the people should react differently based on the root cause?

... and always swim with a buddy.
Even on shore, . . . especially on shore.

Assads government is the elected peoples choice (mutiple times) of government and Putin is covering the underbelly of the Eurasian continent which has long been lusted after by the scum who rule the miserable western world. No country has any business in Syria without the expressed consent or invitation of it's elected government. The United States and its vassals are commiting an act of war and under the Nurembourge articles has put itself in a position to be tried for war crimes, and that will one day be the greatest show on earth, the gutting of a tyranical evil power responsible for millions upon millions of murders in the name of democracy.
. . but other than that not so bad, . . . Perhaps they had a bad role model.

lol
Aside from parking in a fire zone, there is a certain randomness to terrorism
That is still more likely to happen than winning a lotto, once in a row.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Yeah, but with the lottery you must buy a ticket and so choose to play
Like parking in a fire zone so to speak
It changes the odds somewhat

Then of course you have false flag terrorism...
whistleblow and your odds of becoming a statistic go way up

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Really?? Isn't all that military hardware to protect them from some bottle rockets fired from Gaza?? (taps foot repeatedly)
How about real vs engineered?? Is there a difference in that the people should react differently based on the root cause?

Even on shore, . . . especially on shore.

. . but other than that not so bad, . . . Perhaps they had a bad role model.

That is still more likely to happen than winning a lotto, once in a row.

Yes;

And odds of dying in a terrorist attack while on-board is 1 in 25,000,000 (25 million) and the overall average of dying in any kind of terrorist attack worldwide is 1 in 9,300,000 (9.3 million)

Odds of winning 6/49 1 in 14 million
Lotto Max 1 in 28 million

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Never mind.

Winters coming where I live. It's terrible.
How'd ya like to be layin up in a hammock on a remote Island in the south Pacific drinkin margeritas and eating fresh seafood with warm breezes blowing and the sounds of the ocean waves and palm limbs blown by the wind and the smell of the salt sea air who in the HELL would want to live in that ice box up there.:).

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
kinda like the guys who made it in the movie Running Man

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQiNYtkwuyw

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
How'd ya like to be layin up in a hammock on a remote Island in the south Pacific drinkin margeritas and eating fresh seafood with warm breezes blowing and the sounds of the ocean waves and palm limbs blown by the wind and the smell of the salt sea air who in the HELL would want to live in that ice box up there.:).
we have bean ground to the culminatioin, we apricviate good wine

make me forget 20

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
there are a bunch of dead people in France might not give a fukk about the statistics.
you don't get false flag much do you?
"ANOTHER French false flag in Nice – is Greece next?
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/07/20/ole-nice/
Paris admits Nice attack was a false flag operation
https://rehmat1.com/2016/07/23/paris-admits-nice-attack-was-a-false-flag-operation/
Smoking Gun: Nice And Munich Terror Attacks Linked To CIA And Mossad
http://yournewswire.com/smoking-gun-nice-and-munich-terror-attacks-linked-to-cia-and-mossad/

are you played or player?

"Evidence continues to surface that the terror attacks in Nice and Munich were government orchestrated false flag operations by European Union governments in league with Mossad and the CIA, while the authorities waste no time clamping down on civil liberties in the wake of the events.
http://yournewswire.com/smoking-gun-nice-and-munich-terror-attacks-linked-to-cia-and-mossad/

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
IT soundsvery nice but I.m used to bad and the good we get from bad it.s too cold

May the best machine win

you won't get repl;icated otherwise

How many grandchildren do you have ludow?

Fat babies and happy mothers is our platfornm, you don't have a choice, belong or die