Once When We Were Free

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
We’re more sensible now. We don’t live our lives as much as we arrange them and organize them. B follows A. D follows C. We take our medicine and our shots because the doctor says so.

We’re careful, because accidents happen.

We don’t say what’s on our minds a lot of the time, because other people might pass that on, and who knows? We might get into trouble.

But once upon a time, when we were young, we were free. We didn’t take any shots, and when we got sick we recovered. We were stronger than kids are now. We didn’t ask for much protection and we weren’t given much, and we survived.

There was no talk about the needs of the group. When we went to school, we weren’t told about ways we could help others. That was something we learned at home. We weren’t taught about The Planet. Instead, we learned to mind our own business, and it wasn’t considered a crime.

When we played games, adults weren’t hovering or coaching every move we made. We found places to play on our own, and we figured it all out. There were winners and losers. There were no plastic trophies. We played one game, then another. We lost, we won. We competed. Losing wasn’t a tragedy.

There were no childhood “conditions” like ADHD or Bipolar, and we certainly didn’t take any brain drugs. The idea of a kid going to a psychiatrist would have been absurd.

more

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Ah, the good ol days when we had just finished packing all those natives onto those reserves....

its funny how much glyphosphate has to do with the cause of that rant OP

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
There were no conditions like ADHD?

I think what you meant is that 'nobody understood why those kids misbehaved, so they were labelled at an early age and shuffled out of the school system'.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
There were no conditions like ADHD?

I think what you meant is that 'nobody understood why those kids misbehaved, so they were labelled at an early age and shuffled out of the school system'.
Nah, these days we drug kids into submission.

Back in the good old days, we beat 'em into submission.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
No, these are the good old days when people got polio, then got better.

Maybe it was something in the worms. I really think we need to look into this worm business, because when I was a kid I never ate worms and so didn't recover from polio. I never got polio in the first place, but maybe that's just a childhood experience I missed out on.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Maybe it was something in the worms. I really think we need to look into this worm business, because when I was a kid I never ate worms and so didn't recover from polio. I never got polio in the first place, but maybe that's just a childhood experience I missed out on.
Your parents probably got you a polio vaccine. Just another example of gol-dang libruls depriving you of the joys of childhood.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You tow being bubble wraped probably missed out on getting syphilis in high school too.
Wow, your mindless aggression almost equals your. . . well. . . mindlessness.

So tell us, tax, what do you miss most about the old days? Polio? Jim Crow? Indian schools? Alcohol-fueled traffic deaths? Wifebeating? Clergy molesting kids? Raped girls being shamed? Gays jailed (or murdered)? Thalidomide?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
lottsa folk didn't read that article.

anyway kids, stay mad.

have a funky day. :lol:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Wow, your mindless aggression almost equals your. . . well. . . mindlessness.

So tell us, tax, what do you miss most about the old days? Polio? Jim Crow? Indian schools? Alcohol-fueled traffic deaths? Wifebeating? Clergy molesting kids? Raped girls being shamed? Gays jailed (or murdered)? Thalidomide?

I could give you a serious answer but it would be beyond your comprehension skills.
For the literate among us
1) growing up no one locked their doors.
2) growing up us kids were free range. ANd being as we grew up in the bush that was a huge area.
3) come hunting season everyone had a rifle or two on the rack in their truck. None were stolen and no mass murders occurred.
4) you didn't need a permit from the government to go get something to eat. Just drop a line in the water and fish for dinner or if the tide was out clams and oysters.
I could go on but it would be too much for your 15 second soundbite mentality.

You tow being bubble wraped probably missed out on getting syphilis in high school too.

I got stoned and I missed it. But three of my friends did one night.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I could give you a serious answer but it would be beyond your comprehension skills.
For the literate among us
1) growing up no one locked their doors.
2) growing up us kids were free range. ANd being as we grew up in the bush that was a huge area.
3) come hunting season everyone had a rifle or two on the rack in their truck. None were stolen and no mass murders occurred.
4) you didn't need a permit from the government to go get something to eat. Just drop a line in the water and fish for dinner or if the tide was out clams and oysters.
I could go on but it would be too much for your 15 second soundbite mentality.
You've got a serious case of nostalgia.