Attack on Woodburning Stoves, time to fight back

Rosebud

Nominee Member
Feb 6, 2012
The government is on the attack of families in Canada who heat their homes with wood. The announcement is made in an attitude that implies they are criminals, a paria group. On the face of it, we can say why not implement it.? It's a primitive method of heating, so why not ban it?. Already, when the family is reeling from the announcement, it is sucker-punched by having to deal with an automatic devalue of his home at the same time. No compensation plan could be found to help them out that would soften the blow of the legislation effect. The threat alone casts aspersions on any unfortunate family who manages to augment his heating expenses in this way, and by owning such a home, it is immediately devalued by it.

I would suggest the people should start to lobby now on this attack on our basic common British law, that states we have a right to heat our homes and have shelter and feed our familiies using the resources that are available around us. This scene is reminise of the treatment of the Irish by the British and their trying to sustain a living is similar freezing conditions. But if we dig deeper past this travesty on our foundational rights that protect us and keep our children and families warm and alive, lets study this case a bit closer.

The pollution is one factor for implementing the law. But then we recall that Ontario was pretty well all forest before there was any farming. Nature replenished the forest allowing differing species to grow by burning off the higher canopy by lightning storms, which allowed the sun to shine in to the ground flora. Vast areas were consumed at once, with polution gaining higher than 11% at times. We can see immediately that wood burn particles in the atmosphere is a natural occurance in nature. At no time in history did nature by the use of lightning strikes, ignite #1 or #2 furnace oil so that it's burning byproducts would enter the atmosphere as a plan for the regeneration of the forest.

So if we know there is some natural level of wood particles in the air, what is the real contributor that is the alien hiding in that atmospheric mix? It's the coal and oil burning, and carbon contributors. It makes sense to the policy makers. If they can get rid of the wood burning, that will give them an additional 11% edge in points to meet their international commitments. That will buy them time and get the watchdogs off their backs while they keep burning carbon fuels at current volumes.

But can we believe what is said to us on face value? Quebec is one of the major proponents of this new policy. How does that explain the kneejerk implementation of measures to introduce artificial forest burning in the Montmorency region in order to help out the suffering plant species in the park. It would seem plants have higher priority than keeping babies and families warm. Now you have one fact, there are others.

Finally, we need to forensically weed out the possibility that those who have the most to gain out of it, aren't hypocritically lobbying to pad their pockets by lessening the odds of payouts to homeowners of wood stove owners, yes, I'm talking about the insurance companies, oil companies and their distributors.

We as citizens have a duty to watch out for our neighbour, and insure he is being dealt fairly. We need to examine all the facts. This is a time for fact gathering, not a lynch mob mentality. We need to ensure that a specific case follows with a reasonable transition period for those affected. It does not call for a threat at this stage.

These are not criminals as the government implies by the threats, they are families tring to keep warm using the same age old methods that nature intended for them to use, and helped to give birth to our very species. It is not their fault that mankind as changed the planet to a point where this method cannot be used.

Don't fall for the hype, question your member of parliament, get real facts, and ensure that your fellow citizens are fairly treated in any new legislation implemented.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I burned wood for heat when I lived in the Midwest. What a pain in the azz. Not only did I have to split wood after work, that dry heat made me itch like a damn monkey. Get central heat and air if you can and you neighborhood will be less hazy and you won't have to sleep next to a humidifier anymore.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The people who love and appreciate the gift of firewood and it's superior utility owing to it's proximity to the hearth and it's renewability and they all eat CO2. The wood fire rules now as it has since fire was invented. The organic nature of the fire /plasma, apple and cherry for romance, ash and maple for fierce lasting heat, he you can't operate a wood stove or don't own one you must be using one of the synthetic methods. Fukkin peasents.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's a totally renewable resource! Is this from the same government of geniuses who say that we should heat our houses with electric resistance after burning natural gas to generate the electricity? Time that these incompetents were fired.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I'll bet Ft Mac cuts down a lot of trees in the future. In an air-tight the stove acts like a heat sink and the newer design burn the hot gasses much better. A NG version would be the answer and it could be taken outside in the summer and used as the BBQ.

It's a totally renewable resource! Is this from the same government of geniuses who say that we should heat our houses with electric resistance after burning natural gas to generate the electricity? Time that these incompetents were fired.
A propane/ng fuel cell would produce electricity and then the whole house would use electrical appliances as ng cannot be used to drive all the devices a modern home has. Not saying it would be cheaper either but those fuels will be available for a long time to come. and should the fuel cell stop working you fill have fire.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The government is on the attack of families in Canada who heat their homes with wood. The announcement is made in an attitude that implies they are criminals, a paria group. On the face of it, we can say why not implement it.? It's a primitive method of heating, so why not ban it?. Already, when the family is reeling from the announcement, it is sucker-punched by having to deal with an automatic devalue of his home at the same time. No compensation plan could be found to help them out that would soften the blow of the legislation effect. The threat alone casts aspersions on any unfortunate family who manages to augment his heating expenses in this way, and by owning such a home, it is immediately devalued by it.

I would suggest the people should start to lobby now on this attack on our basic common British law, that states we have a right to heat our homes and have shelter and feed our familiies using the resources that are available around us. This scene is reminise of the treatment of the Irish by the British and their trying to sustain a living is similar freezing conditions. But if we dig deeper past this travesty on our foundational rights that protect us and keep our children and families warm and alive, lets study this case a bit closer.

The pollution is one factor for implementing the law. But then we recall that Ontario was pretty well all forest before there was any farming. Nature replenished the forest allowing differing species to grow by burning off the higher canopy by lightning storms, which allowed the sun to shine in to the ground flora. Vast areas were consumed at once, with polution gaining higher than 11% at times. We can see immediately that wood burn particles in the atmosphere is a natural occurance in nature. At no time in history did nature by the use of lightning strikes, ignite #1 or #2 furnace oil so that it's burning byproducts would enter the atmosphere as a plan for the regeneration of the forest.

So if we know there is some natural level of wood particles in the air, what is the real contributor that is the alien hiding in that atmospheric mix? It's the coal and oil burning, and carbon contributors. It makes sense to the policy makers. If they can get rid of the wood burning, that will give them an additional 11% edge in points to meet their international commitments. That will buy them time and get the watchdogs off their backs while they keep burning carbon fuels at current volumes.

But can we believe what is said to us on face value? Quebec is one of the major proponents of this new policy. How does that explain the kneejerk implementation of measures to introduce artificial forest burning in the Montmorency region in order to help out the suffering plant species in the park. It would seem plants have higher priority than keeping babies and families warm. Now you have one fact, there are others.

Finally, we need to forensically weed out the possibility that those who have the most to gain out of it, aren't hypocritically lobbying to pad their pockets by lessening the odds of payouts to homeowners of wood stove owners, yes, I'm talking about the insurance companies, oil companies and their distributors.

We as citizens have a duty to watch out for our neighbour, and insure he is being dealt fairly. We need to examine all the facts. This is a time for fact gathering, not a lynch mob mentality. We need to ensure that a specific case follows with a reasonable transition period for those affected. It does not call for a threat at this stage.

These are not criminals as the government implies by the threats, they are families tring to keep warm using the same age old methods that nature intended for them to use, and helped to give birth to our very species. It is not their fault that mankind as changed the planet to a point where this method cannot be used.

Don't fall for the hype, question your member of parliament, get real facts, and ensure that your fellow citizens are fairly treated in any new legislation implemented.

That was a great post, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
If you had an efficiet system you wouldn't be bothered by the byproducts of survival, I wonder what you will burn like, all of us have heating value, I'm a creature of the mid to nothern places, we get the best sunlight, so we rule, for a bit,
No splitting and stacking the wood. Got that stink all over me.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
not only that red oak stinks like cat piss

Maybe, a cat pissed on that red oak down in the Amazon.

BTW, woukd you like some Ash? I lost twelve mature Ash to the Ash Borer last year and I still have a pile of it.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
No splitting and stacking the wood. Got that stink all over me.

Split and stack is cardinal however, I cannot, whatever, I 2ish you extra, god bless you on your propulsion. into niceness.I hope you stick to the wallls.

No insurance - no mortgage ... and a lot of insurance companies don't like wood stoves

Yer insurance is in yer jeans masn, good jeans are harfrd to stop once thier released, hahahaujhahah

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
No insurance - no mortgage ... and a lot of insurance companies don't like wood stoves

Good thing I don't need a mortgage then. Wood heat rocks. I used to use less than 2 cords a year to heat 2100 square feet. The wood was from old logging areas, $50 for a daily permit and I could get 3 or 4 cords. Cheapest form of heat out there if you have a chainsaw and a good axe.