The magic power of a smile!

Jakanyabera

May 4, 2016
In this fast-paced world and the fast lives we live, in a society of consumption, smiles are less and less evident on the faces of people we pass by. We each have our own reasons for being engulfed by our own thoughts and for being serious. But how much nicer the day becomes when a stranger awards you with their smile .........................:smile:
So, smile when you meet people and at every opportunity you get ... something incredible will happen. The world will change, if not for the people you smiled to, for sure for you, because you’ll attract what you give in your life – smiling people. Can you imagine being surrounded by happy and kind people? This would feel like heaven on Earth, wouldn'’t it?

DO NOT AVOID THESE WORDS

We all want to be loved and respected. “You have it easily in your power to increase the sum total of this world’s happiness now. How? By giving a few words of sincere appreciation to someone who is lonely and discouraged. Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime.”

Source:- matokeoyamitihani

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
If I am having a crappy day and smile at someone that I pass on the street, it gives me quite lift. Especially if they smile back. It doesn't hurt to add a 'Good Morning' along with the smile.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Nice.

Just today I was on the bus returning home from watching a high school baseball game. A passenger with a walker such as this:

sat near me and he admired the two large recycle bags I used to carry my water bottle, snacks, and sweater. Evidently he was Vietnamese as he did not speak good English but could speak French. I asked "would you like one of my bags?" as I could see his plastic bag where he carried food was breaking apart. He nodded his head and I gave him one of them. With a big smile of appreciation, he put his food into the bag and thanked me in French for the gift.

It felt good to do a good deed for one in need. :)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Nice.

Just today I was on the bus returning home from watching a high school baseball game. A passenger with a walker such as this:

sat near me and he admired the two large recycle bags I used to carry my water bottle, snacks, and sweater. Evidently he was Vietnamese as he did not speak good English but could speak French. I asked "would you like one of my bags?" as I could see his plastic bag where he carried food was breaking apart. He nodded his head and I gave him one of them. With a big smile of appreciation, he put his food into the bag and thanked me in French for the gift.

It felt good to do a good deed for one in need. :)

that was a happy exchange with a stranger, just shows that the human race is still warm and
caring.

I smile at lots of people throughout my week of being out and about, one can see quickly when eyes
meet that they want to acknowledge their connection with you, it feels good.
we have a small little city, lots of walking, lots of people on the street during the day.

what I dislike a lot, is leafing thru a magazine and noticing all of the female models advertising
'whatever', and they have the most miserable, serious, unflattering look on their faces, if that
is suppose to look beautiful, they have missed the boat big time, even the one's who are with a male
in some sort of sexual connection with each other, just looking, but again the woman looks miserable
and serious. when our young people are looking at these pictures, what does it tell them, but then
our young people are so smart these days, they are probably laughing at how silly these women look, they get it, the advertisers don't.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
If you are smiling then you're not paying attention......

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
If you don't do a good deed every day of your life you ain't human, no we're sorry but you'll have to repete the semester, over and over till you get the drift, just afew more hundred times and you.ll graduate, work will set you free

Oh to be a flower and smile all the time

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Yah but it works, even though they grind your bones keep a smile about you , they cannot prevail, they got no nice about them

In this fast-paced world and the fast lives we live, in a society of consumption, smiles are less and less evident on the faces of people we pass by. We each have our own reasons for being engulfed by our own thoughts and for being serious. But how much nicer the day becomes when a stranger awards you with their smile .........................:smile:
So, smile when you meet people and at every opportunity you get ... something incredible will happen. The world will change, if not for the people you smiled to, for sure for you, because you’ll attract what you give in your life – smiling people. Can you imagine being surrounded by happy and kind people? This would feel like heaven on Earth, wouldn'’t it?

DO NOT AVOID THESE WORDS

We all want to be loved and respected. “You have it easily in your power to increase the sum total of this world’s happiness now. How? By giving a few words of sincere appreciation to someone who is lonely and discouraged. Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime.”

Source:- matokeoyamitihani

The only real capital weilded by true power.

only the very powerfull can exercise niceness, toss it about like rose peddels, I have only a bag of gravel slung over my muscular shoulder