Student charged after sharing nude photos of teacher

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Student charged after sharing nude photos of teacher
Harriet McLeod, Reuters
First posted: Saturday, March 05, 2016 10:49 AM EST | Updated: Saturday, March 05, 2016 10:52 AM EST
CHARLESTON, S.C. - A 16-year-old South Carolina high school student was arrested on Friday on charges that he had distributed nude photos of a teacher that he copied surreptitiously from her cellphone, authorities said.
Police in Union, South Carolina, announced the arrest as the school district that employed the teacher suggested she had been partially responsible for the breach, accusing her of improperly supervising her students.
The teacher, Leigh Anne Arthur, resigned on Tuesday from the Career and Technology Center at Union County High School, a day after the teenager took the phone, which she had left on a desk while she went into the school hallway.
The student, who police would not identify because of his age, is being held on cyber crime and aggravated voyeurism charges at a state juvenile detention facility, said Sam White, police chief in Union, about 45 miles from Greenville.
Arthur, who police say is 33, told reporters that the student found nude photos that she had taken to give her husband, copied the screen shots with his own camera phone and distributed the images on social media.
"He knows right and wrong," she told a local television station. "We all make stupid decisions when we're 16."
The teacher said that the student opened up her photo library, took pictures of images using his own phone's camera phone and then sent the pictures.
On Wednesday, Arthur found hard copies of the photos in her mailbox with a harassing note, Union County Sheriff David Taylor said by phone. The sheriff's office has turned the photos over to the state police for fingerprinting, Taylor said by phone.
A forensic investigation of the teenager's phone by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division found that the photographs taken from Arthur's phone "were stored in a separate passcode-protected file that contained other photos of a sexual nature," Union police said in a statement.
The school district found fault with Arthur for allowing the student to gain access to the phone.
"Her failure to supervise her students along with allowing students routine access to her personal cellphone constitute an evident unfitness for Ms. Arthur to continue as a classroom teacher," District Superintendent David Eubanks said Friday in a statement.
Students this week started an online petition to support the teacher, who taught in the district for 13 years.
"Leigh Anne Arthur is the victim of a blatant attack of her privacy," the petition read. "We the students are left to believe that she has been forced to, or given little choice but to resign," the petition read.
As of Friday, the petition had more than 11,000 signatures.
In this undated image made from video and provided by WYFF News-4, Teacher Leigh Anne Arthur speaks to a reporter in Union County, S.C.. (WYFF News-4 via AP)

Student charged after sharing nude photos of teacher | World | News | Toronto Su

"We all make stupid decisions when we're 16."
and some at 33. ;)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Would he need a photo update is my point, perhaps the photos were meant for somebody else. I would think using hubby's phone would make the task easier.

I'm not saying I wouldn't tap her, I just wouldn't want a photo.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I find the school boards reaction puzzling. Student goes unpunished, teacher forced to quit. Personally she should have made them fire her. That could have been challenged in court. How many other crimes is the victim punished?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Why would they consider her to be unfit? The private lives of a husband and a wife are no ones business. Like the members of the school board don't have a sex life and are models of virtue. Sounds like a self righteous group of hypocrites need to be sued.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Why would they consider her to be unfit? The private lives of a husband and a wife are no ones business. Like the members of the school board don't have a sex life and are models of virtue. Sounds like a self righteous group of hypocrites need to be sued.
Dude, it's South Carolina.

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
I will admit that I am no light-weight myself. However, anyone who commented negatively on this teacher's weight should submit a photo of themselves, on-site, and we will all make "helpful suggestions for them on ways of self-improvement".

The kid has several charges that he is being held in a juvenile detention facility for.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Who the **** keeps nude pictures of themselves on their phone in this thread say, I..............

Who the **** keeps nude pictures of themselves on their phone, doesn't have a access lock on their phone, and leaves their phone in a class room full of 16 year olds. Say I.

Conclusion: This women is dumb as ****.
Or she fully intended for these kids to find her nude pictures.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Conclusion: This women is dumb as ****.
Or she fully intended for these kids to find her nude pictures.

Of course, it's her fault. No big surprise coming from you. I suppose if your wife or daughter is ever raped or violated you'll be blaming them.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
She has big thighs. Roadwork is advised. A couple of thousand miles and she'll be beautiful, I kidding she's already beautiful

When I was a student, in the last century, ah fuk I forgot

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Of course, it's her fault. No big surprise coming from you. I suppose if your wife or daughter is ever raped or violated you'll be blaming them.

People need to assume responsibility for themselves. if you assume others will act civilized, then your one dumb trusting innocent fool in line for a hard & difficult lesson.

And That's what I'll teach my daughters. You can never control other people's actions. Only your own.

Never expect people to be civilized. Because they aren't. If you put yourself in a situation where you are relying that others are civilized, Do it fully knowing your taking a chance.

Right and wrong has nothing to do with reality.

And the reality is. This teacher is dumb as ****.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Possibly ... but hers is attractive. Yours, in this case, is actually quite ugly
The body shape is that present is called the 'secretary spread' as any excess calories ten to gather in the hips and thighs in women, for men it would be the 'beer gut'. The body shape has nothing to do with personality traits so that also means body shape is random more often than not so her shape (and mine) is not obtained by any physical exercise program. The people I tended to be around most of the time were pretty active physically so they tended to be on the 'sim side' and it was the 'bar crowd' that tended to be the 'heavier shape' and that was mostly carried on the hips and higher in both men and women. That was a sit and chat crowd while the 'normal crowd' were putting on a lot of 'physical miles' hangover or not.
Fact is. going out with the heavier ones was usually after a drink or three. The best 'cure' would be a bile that is most comfortable to ride while standing up and in that position when yo have to pedal you can also use your arms to pull on the bars when that adds weight to the pedal on the down-stroke. That is the kind of exercise that puts a dimple in you *** when you are standing, that is the ones I find most attractive in females, even that is looked at after checking out her breasts. It's a check list that has very little to do with a 'final summation' of 'who the person inside the body is'.
I don't know gerr but I can already say for sure he is somebody that would fall well short of 'acceptable rowdy bar behavior' and just being a prick all the time is because that is the only move he knows. Now you can make it 3 reds for this thread alone.

She has big thighs. Roadwork is advised. A couple of thousand miles and she'll be beautiful, I kidding she's already beautiful

When I was a student, in the last century, ah fuk I forgot
That might not work in this case as the 'boys' would just take her to the bar and the the photos would be more in number and you would get to see what her hard-hat looks like. (slimmer flag-girls in halter tops end up with a cooler full of 'donated beer' by the end of the day btw)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
People need to assume responsibility for themselves. if you assume others will act civilized, then your one dumb trusting innocent fool in line for a hard & difficult lesson.

And That's what I'll teach my daughters. You can never control other people's actions. Only your own.

Never expect people to be civilized. Because they aren't. If you put yourself in a situation where you are relying that others are civilized, Do it fully knowing your taking a chance.

Right and wrong has nothing to do with reality.

And the reality is. This teacher is dumb as ****.

In other words, If they were raped, it would be their fault.