Anti-islam groups rally across europe; clashes in amsterdam

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
ANTI-ISLAM GROUPS RALLY ACROSS EUROPE; CLASHES IN AMSTERDAM

DRESDEN, Germany (AP) -- Protesters rallied against Islam and immigration in several European cities Saturday, sometimes clashing with police or counter-demonstrators amid growing tensions over the massive influx of asylum-seekers to the continent.

Riot police clashed with demonstrators in Amsterdam as supporters of the anti-Islam group PEGIDA tried to hold their first protest meeting in the Dutch capital. Only about 200 PEGIDA supporters were present, outnumbered by police and left-wing demonstrators who shouted, "Refugees are welcome, fascists are not!"

Dutch riot police detained several people as officers on horseback intervened to separate the two groups of demonstrators. It was not immediately clear how many people were detained.

In Germany, up to 8,000 people took part in a PEGIDA rally in Dresden, according to the independent group Durchgezaehlt, which monitors attendance figures. Up to 3,500 people took part in a counter-demonstration on the other side of the Elbe River that divides the city, it said.

No incidents were reported at the event.

In the northern French city of Calais, police dispersed a rowdy anti-migrant protest with tear gas after clashes with protesters and detained several far-right demonstrators.

Around 150 militants from the anti-Islam, anti-immigration group PEDIGA gathered Saturday chanting slogans like: "We must not let Calais die!"

Calais has been a focal point for migrants who want to slip into Britain via the Channel Tunnel. Several thousand have been living there in slums for months.

PEGIDA, whose German acronym stands for 'Patriotic Europeans against the Islamization of the West,' has become a magnet for far-right and anti-immigrant sentiment since it was founded in Dresden two years ago. After a drop in attendance last spring, the group saw a rise in support from people angered by the unprecedented influx into Europe of refugees from Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

Aside from its nationalist and anti-Islam stance, the group has also sided strongly with Russia. Several Russian flags were flown at Saturday's rally in Dresden, along with banners including "Peace with Russia" and "Stop war against Syria."

Smaller PEGIDA-style protests were also taking place in France, Britain, Poland, the Czech Republic, Ireland, Denmark, Finland and Estonia.

News from The Associated Press

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Are you suggesting this is what Canada should be doing as your reason for the thread is somewhat cloudy as you left out the reason you thought the news clip was worthy of a thread of it's own on this (Canadian) site?
Feel free to use as many big words as you like as I have a long attention span.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Say Blackleaf, I seems across Europe this is now happening every more common.. unfortunately it's looking more like Hitlerjugend.

Even political parties are being formed as anti-Islamic parties.. there has to be some concern that this hate gets carried away and at some point human rights are at stake, no??

So you're comparing groups which are against Islamofascism and the Islamic takeover of England - both noble and honourable stances to take - to the Nazis?

I know it's quite fashionable for the Left to compare everything they disagree with to the Nazis these days, but this is ridiculous.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
So you're comparing groups which are against Islamofascism and the Islamic takeover of England - both noble and honourable stances to take - to the Nazis?

I know it's quite fashionable for the Left to compare everything they disagree with to the Nazis these days, but this is ridiculous.

Blackie, you know, I don't agree with the Islamic Ideology - I've been clearly open about that on CC.

What concerns me is that the groups may be far left white nationalist organizations, have you here considered this?? Nazism is based on the same prinicipals.

Assimilation into society is better, insisting on English language first, limiting immigration, not allowing slum areas or no go zones to be formed.

You can't start rounding up people and shipping them out of the country, like Trump suggests.. and other European groups have suggested, that's ludicrous.

Anti-Refugee Rallies Sweep Europe As Nationalists Declare "We Will Not Surrender Europe To Islam"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_lRriFTgM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZou9CahPlU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooNRItpuwNI

www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1L3lXpxxIk

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
What concerns me is that the groups may be far left white nationalist organizations

What's wrong with white nationalist organisations? Aren't white people allowed to go round defending their race and culture? Are you one of those racists?

You can't start rounding up people and shipping them out of the country
Why not? The Swedes are, as we speak, rounding up tens of thousands of Muslims which shouldn't be in their country and kicking them out. Meanwhile, Britain's PC government does.... yes, you guessed it, nothing at all, and will continue to do nothing at all until some illegal Muzzie immigrant perpetrators the next mass murder in london or Birmingham or Glasgow. And people are just getting sick of it.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
What's wrong with white nationalist organisations? Aren't white people allowed to go round defending their race and culture? Are you one of those racists?

The White Nationalists are the Racist.. defending race and culture.. please. All races and cultures should be able to live together in harmony... I guess that's what so great about Canada and the USA.. we have figure out how.

So your supporting White Nationalist, so you are a Racist. Duly noted.

Why not? The Swedes are, as we speak, rounding up tens of thousands of Muslims which shouldn't be in their country and kicking them out. Meanwehile, Britain's PC government does.... yes, you guessed it, nothing at all.

Different, they are enforcing their immigration laws.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Blackie, don't misconstrued what I'm saying, I'm not defending Islam, I defending Multiculturalism and the ability of all races to live in Harmony.

Okay, off to appointment, chat later... have a great day.

So you're saying this is racist....

..... yet this isn't?

It's such double standards which get right on my tits.

Why shouldn't white people defend their white race and culture?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You should check your reference to what Trump proposed boomer. He is against mass migration without proper screening, that would be Muslims in this case. He has lots of Muslim friends, unlike you due to your blanket condemnation, you could prove me wrong by proving you have some friends from that group.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...donald-trump-i-have-friends-that-are-muslims/

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump dismissed critics who have accused him of failing to stand up for Muslim Americans after a controversial town hall exchange last week, repeatedly stating during a media blitz on Sunday that he has Muslim friends who are “amazing people.”
“I have friends that are Muslims. They are great people, they are amazing people…but we certainly do have a problem. I mean, you have a problem throughout the world,” Trump said on CNN’s “State of the Union."
“You have radicals that are doing things. I mean, it wasn’t people from Sweden that blew up the World Trade Center, Jake,” he told host Jake Tapper.

Please take note that he says the towers were 'blown up'.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
You should check your reference to what Trump proposed boomer. He is against mass migration without proper screening, that would be Muslims in this case. He has lots of Muslim friends, unlike you due to your blanket condemnation, you could prove me wrong by proving you have some friends from that group.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...donald-trump-i-have-friends-that-are-muslims/

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump dismissed critics who have accused him of failing to stand up for Muslim Americans after a controversial town hall exchange last week, repeatedly stating during a media blitz on Sunday that he has Muslim friends who are “amazing people.”
“I have friends that are Muslims. They are great people, they are amazing people…but we certainly do have a problem. I mean, you have a problem throughout the world,” Trump said on CNN’s “State of the Union."
“You have radicals that are doing things. I mean, it wasn’t people from Sweden that blew up the World Trade Center, Jake,” he told host Jake Tapper.

Please take note that he says the towers were 'blown up'.

LOL MHz defending Trump... anything to try and discredit me... you're a fool.

Nevertheless, you and Trump would make a great team... entertainment, and nothing more.

MHz you're nothing more than an intellectual's favorite punching bag.. fukk off already and go take your meds.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
LOL MHz defending Trump... anything to try and discredit me... you're a fool.
Not everything is about you boomer. I've been a steady Trump supporter since he began his campaign.
The rest of your post is your usual nonsense so I'll give it the attention it deserves. This post is a rap.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
ANTI-ISLAM GROUPS RALLY ACROSS EUROPE; CLASHES IN AMSTERDAM

DRESDEN, Germany (AP) -- Protesters rallied against Islam and immigration in several European cities Saturday, sometimes clashing with police or counter-demonstrators amid growing tensions over the massive influx of asylum-seekers to the continent.

Riot police clashed with demonstrators in Amsterdam as supporters of the anti-Islam group PEGIDA tried to hold their first protest meeting in the Dutch capital. Only about 200 PEGIDA supporters were present, outnumbered by police and left-wing demonstrators who shouted, "Refugees are welcome, fascists are not!"

Dutch riot police detained several people as officers on horseback intervened to separate the two groups of demonstrators. It was not immediately clear how many people were detained.

In Germany, up to 8,000 people took part in a PEGIDA rally in Dresden, according to the independent group Durchgezaehlt, which monitors attendance figures. Up to 3,500 people took part in a counter-demonstration on the other side of the Elbe River that divides the city, it said.

No incidents were reported at the event.

In the northern French city of Calais, police dispersed a rowdy anti-migrant protest with tear gas after clashes with protesters and detained several far-right demonstrators.

Around 150 militants from the anti-Islam, anti-immigration group PEDIGA gathered Saturday chanting slogans like: "We must not let Calais die!"

Calais has been a focal point for migrants who want to slip into Britain via the Channel Tunnel. Several thousand have been living there in slums for months.

PEGIDA, whose German acronym stands for 'Patriotic Europeans against the Islamization of the West,' has become a magnet for far-right and anti-immigrant sentiment since it was founded in Dresden two years ago. After a drop in attendance last spring, the group saw a rise in support from people angered by the unprecedented influx into Europe of refugees from Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

Aside from its nationalist and anti-Islam stance, the group has also sided strongly with Russia. Several Russian flags were flown at Saturday's rally in Dresden, along with banners including "Peace with Russia" and "Stop war against Syria."

Smaller PEGIDA-style protests were also taking place in France, Britain, Poland, the Czech Republic, Ireland, Denmark, Finland and Estonia.

News from The Associated Press
This attacking and raping of German women was the stick that broke the camel's back. How were German citizens expected to react to that display of brutality. These protest are not going away any day soon, and they shouldn't. The attacks were coordinated, crass and a test of some kind.

Any group dumb enough to go to any country and believe that they can start rallies protesting that countries current and past dead veterans, are asking for trouble, no matter how long they're immigrated to that country. The first time I saw these pinheads marching, calling for the death of British Soldiers, spitting on the ground, right on the streets of London, I don't shock or scare easily, but this was the exception. A line was being crossed.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I defending Multiculturalism and the ability of all races to live in Harmony.

All races to live in harmony? That requires respect and tolerance for each and every other culture and religion. Of all the different cultures and religions in Canada, Muslims are the only ones who put Islamic law ahead of the law of the land. This is by their own say-so, if you have followed the court cases of Muslims who have openly stated in court that our laws mean nothing to them.

The people of countries where these protests are taking place are undoubtedly seeing conditions that we have not yet seen occur in Canada. As the Muslim population here grows there isn't much doubt that we too will see protests rising up.

You choose to align the protesters with Nazi behavior; other are aligning refugee behavior with Nazi behavior. If Muslims are demanding changes to the culture/laws of the nation that they have adopted, I would say that is more like Nazi behavior.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
This is by their own say-so, if you have followed the court cases of Muslims who have openly stated in court that our laws mean nothing to them.
No doubt you have some ready examples of that as the references I would submit have Muslims adopting the UN Human Rights and Children's Rights quicker than most other religions.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
We have to differentiate between the Islam and Muslims or between the Quran and Muslims
And between the Torah and Jews
And between the Gospel and Christians.

The enemy who stir people against the Islam and Muslims are mainly Jews and Zionists.
To prove my words true ... see in this forum: who hastens to spread any news against Muslims and the Islam and against the Quran?

Quran 5: 80, which means:
{You [Mohammed] see many of them [: Jews] making the unbelievers their friends e. Evil is that they forwarded [to the Next Life] for their souls [by befriending with the unbelievers] f: that God is angered against them g and in the chastisement [of Hell] they shall dwell [forever h.]}

e i.e. they ally with the pagan Arabs: the idolaters, while they oppose the Muslims who are monotheists [devoting themselves exclusively to God alone.]

f i.e. Because they preferred the idolaters among the Quraish tribe to the monotheists.

g i.e. Because of their infidelity and association with God.

h On Doomsday.

The Dispraise of Jews in the Psalms
The Disagreement of the

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
We were all immigrants once.

Yes, Blackie, even people from England.

But we've divided ourselves up into all these groups it's no wonder we don't look at each other as one race, one people. East v West, Religion v Religion, Region v Region...

You don't want your nation to become a "Stan"; fine, that's the right of the people to say. But if the majority want to look at others and see maybe not ALL of those from a particular race/culture are bad, suck it up buttercup and get over it.

Realize though that we're all in a catch 22 with Islam; we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. IMO, not doing makes the situation worse and people like these are only helping the 'worse'.