‘Who’s the mom?’ biggest internet mystery since ‘The Dress’

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

It’s the mother of all internet mysteries.

An Indianapolis teen posted a selfie with her twin and her mother on Jan. 28 that has the internet asking, “Which one is the mom?”

Kaylan Mahomes uploaded the pic of the three ladies in a car with the caption, “Mom, twin and me,” but the fresh-faced women look identical.

The puzzling pic has been retweeted more than 19,000 times and counting, and received more than 31,000 likes - similar to how “the dress” took the web by storm just under a year ago, where readers couldn’t decide whether a washed-out snap of a striped dress was white and gold, or black and blue. The original Dressgate article on Buzzfeed received more than 37 million hits.

Some Twitter users are also sharing this new “Who’s the mom?” snap with the hashtag #blackdontcrack, which refers to some African Americans’ age-defying smooth skin.

The amused family created an Instagram page to share more photos of the indistinguishable trio after seeing all of the attention they were getting.

And their second post gives a clue that could crack the case.

The video shows the three ladies posing for a picture while one holds the camera - and then they all start laughing after realizing they are actually being videotaped instead of photographed.

The lady on the left, who laughs last, takes the longest to get the joke - and the caption reads, “When your mom thinks it’s a picture...lol.”

This lady looks very similar to the woman wearing the blazer on the far left in the first photo.

Meet the mom?

There’s also the fact that the original photo is captioned, “Mom, twin and me,” which would literally translate that from left to right, the women pictured are the mom, the twin, and the photographer.

Who's the mom? Biggest internet mystery since "The Dress"

I'm going to take a guess and say the Mom is the far left...

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
In all honesty, I can't tell which one is the mother, and which
ones are the daughters. If I was selling booze or smokes, or
anything else age sensitive, I'd card all three of them.

Some people just have weird youthful genes. I had a friend
several years back who, in her 30's, couldn't buy either booze
or smokes without showing I.D. when some teenagers didn't
seem to have this issue due to their appearance. This girl was
not dark skinned either. It was just the was it was....

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
they look like triplets! beautiful girls.

I think Ski is right.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
one in the center is the Mother. 2 on outside have the same nose, one in the middle has a broader nose.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Are we going to be told which is which eventually? or preferably soon?

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016

It’s the mother of all internet mysteries.

An Indianapolis teen posted a selfie with her twin and her mother on Jan. 28 that has the internet asking, “Which one is the mom?”

Kaylan Mahomes uploaded the pic of the three ladies in a car with the caption, “Mom, twin and me,” but the fresh-faced women look identical.

The puzzling pic has been retweeted more than 19,000 times and counting, and received more than 31,000 likes - similar to how “the dress” took the web by storm just under a year ago, where readers couldn’t decide whether a washed-out snap of a striped dress was white and gold, or black and blue. The original Dressgate article on Buzzfeed received more than 37 million hits.

Some Twitter users are also sharing this new “Who’s the mom?” snap with the hashtag #blackdontcrack, which refers to some African Americans’ age-defying smooth skin.

The amused family created an Instagram page to share more photos of the indistinguishable trio after seeing all of the attention they were getting.

And their second post gives a clue that could crack the case.

The video shows the three ladies posing for a picture while one holds the camera - and then they all start laughing after realizing they are actually being videotaped instead of photographed.

The lady on the left, who laughs last, takes the longest to get the joke - and the caption reads, “When your mom thinks it’s a picture...lol.”

This lady looks very similar to the woman wearing the blazer on the far left in the first photo.

Meet the mom?

There’s also the fact that the original photo is captioned, “Mom, twin and me,” which would literally translate that from left to right, the women pictured are the mom, the twin, and the photographer.

Who's the mom? Biggest internet mystery since "The Dress"

I'm going to take a guess and say the Mom is the far left...
I will guess the middle, why? the twins good alike.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
<Shakes head. What else can you do?

Shake your head all the like. It doesn't make it any less true.

Plus, it's not the first piece of "racism" on this forum, and yet you didn't shake your head in faux outrage at that.

Double standards again from the right-on, PC crowd.