When the hair goes

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I wonder how popular Justin is going to be when the hair is gone and he looks like his father?
The genes for male pattern baldness are sex-linked, carried through the female line, expressing in the men. The same is true of haemophilia.

Ergo, in order to predict the future of M. Trudeau's hair, his father is completely irrelevant. The best indicator is his mother's brothers, if she has any.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The genes for male pattern baldness are sex-linked, carried through the female line, expressing in the men. The same is true of haemophilia.

Ergo, in order to predict the future of M. Trudeau's hair, his father is completely irrelevant. The best indicator is his mother's brothers, if she has any.
But if you look closely you will notice the early signs of baldness in Trudeau so maybe Maggie does have bald brothers .

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The comedy genius that is Karl Pilkington playing caretaker Dougie in his pal Ricky Gervais's sitcom "Derek", set in an old people's home. Poor Dougie often gets picked on because of his bald head. Some of the hilarious stuff Dougie comes out with wasn't actually written by Gervais but is Karl ad libbing:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
But if you look closely you will notice the early signs of baldness in Trudeau so maybe Maggie does have bald brothers .
That's entirely possible. I am not commenting on M. Trudeau's hair. I am merely correcting what appears to be a misunderstanding that male pattern baldness is, or can be, a father-son thing.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
There must be an exception or two to every rule...
My mother's only brother still had a full head of hair when he left for parts unknown when he was 40 years old

When I was only 30 I had so much hair loss I would have needed a comb over to hide it.
My son at 42 is as bald as me and all of my wife's brothers have a full head of hair in their 50's and 60's.
BTW my father and all my brothers were bald...by the time they were 40

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I wonder how popular Justin is going to be when the hair is gone and he looks like his father?

from some perspectives, aging well and being popular by appearance is not derived from your hair alone. Wit, intelligence, being physically active and not a fat slob does improve the overall appearance and increases ones appeal. Money will further that appeal to others. Power and confidence is a winning combination.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I'm not a fan of Trudeau but I can't make fun of someone for hair loss. Being almost 32 and having a full head of hair I still can't find the humour in hair loss. My biggest fear in the world is loosing my hair

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm not a fan of Trudeau but I can't make fun of someone for hair loss. Being almost 32 and having a full head of hair I still can't find the humour in hair loss. My biggest fear in the world is loosing my hair
That's your biggest fear? Man, you live a blessed life!