Woman won lottery during divorce, gets to keep it all

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Woman won lottery during divorce, gets to keep it all
REUTERS
First posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 09:41 AM EST | Updated: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 09:53 AM EST
AMSTERDAM - A woman who won a 2.1 million euro ($3.2 million) lottery prize during a divorce has no obligation to share it with her ex-husband, according to a Dutch court decision published on Tuesday.
The Amsterdam District Court ruling said the couple had listed the shared assets they wished to divide at the time they filed for divorce on Oct. 20, 2014, though the divorce was not formally granted until June 2015. The woman won the Post Code Lottery on New Year's Day 2015.
The man had argued that he and his estranged wife always played the lottery using shared household funds during their 30-year marriage, and it should be included in their divorce settlement.
But the judge noted they had separated their finances at least four years earlier when he went to live with his new girlfriend. The woman paid for the winning ticket from her own bank account.
"The above means that the prize won did not belong to their joint assets and that the court will hold the prize apart in its division of goods," the written decision said. The ruling was made on Dec. 23 and published Tuesday.
The judge divided up the couple's other assets, which amounted to less than 10,000 euros in value.
Woman won lottery during divorce, gets to keep it all | World | News | Toronto S

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Can you imagine if it had been the other way around? If the husband had won the money do you reckon the court would have allowed him to keep it all or do you reckon it would have forced him to hand over half of it to the ex-wife?

My money's on the latter. It's another blatant example of the discrimination that men face today, with everything deliberately skewed in favour of the female. Divorce settlements have long been skewed heavily and unfairly in favour of the woman - it's no coincidence, therefore, that the vast majority of divorces are called by wives. It's no wonder so many blokes are shunning marriage.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Can you imagine if it was the husband that won the lottery? The court would have forced him to hand it over as an "asset that should be shared" between him and the wife he's divorcing. And, let's be honest about this, we all know I'm right.

It's another example of the divorce courts favouring the woman over the man. It's no coincidence that most dovorces are called by women. They know they will be treated favourably and that the courts will force the man to hand over at least half of HIS money that HE worked hard for to earn - yet the chances are that she won't have to hand any of her money (that is if she has earned money in her own right and hasn't just been spending her husband's) to the husband. That's why many men choose, rather sensibly, not to get married today. They know there's a got chance that the woman will end up shafting them financially by calling for a divorce over some slight little "misdemeanour."

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Not being a whiny little bitch is a big part of the reason my place is so very much higher than yours, muffin.

My place will always remain higher than yours whilst I perform the role of an alpha male and seek to end the discrimination against men and boys in today's society, includiing within the law courts.

I stand up for men and their rights and am disgusted at the favouritism and easy ride women are given today and the unfairness that men face. For that, I am a real man.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Poor cupcake. Never had a chance from the jump. All those smarter, tougher people.

Henpecked, zeta male that certainly knows his place. We know who wears the trousers in your home. Be a man and stand up for yourself and malekind.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

My place will always remain higher than yours whilst I perform the role of an alpha male

and seek to end the discrimination against men and boys in today's society, includiing within the law courts.

I stand up for men and their rights and am disgusted at the favouritism and easy ride women are given today and the unfairness that men face.

For that, I am a real man.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

My place will always remain higher than yours whilst I perform the role of an alpha male and seek to end the discrimination against men and boys in today's society, includiing within the law courts.

I stand up for men and their rights and am disgusted at the favouritism and easy ride women are given today and the unfairness that men face. For that, I am a real man.
Princess, you whine on the internet.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Can you imagine if it had been the other way around? If the husband had won the money do you reckon the court would have allowed him to keep it all or do you reckon it would have forced him to hand over half of it to the ex-wife?

My money's on the latter. It's another blatant example of the discrimination that men face today, with everything deliberately skewed in favour of the female. Divorce settlements have long been skewed heavily and unfairly in favour of the woman - it's no coincidence, therefore, that the vast majority of divorces are called by wives. It's no wonder so many blokes are shunning marriage.
payback is a biotch :).

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It don't always work that way Blackie. When I divorced my ex she got three fifths of f*ck all in the divorce despite being married for about 10 years.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I've been divorced for several years now. Had four children with the Lady , three of which are still among us. I've told my girls, and I truly still feel this way, that if I hit the lottery, I'd give her a big share. Not that I feel obligated or anything like that, it's just that we had these children together and that connection can never be broken regardless of all the other things that happened. Who the hell could spend all that cash anyways.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Henpecked zeta males are at it on here again. It'll not be long before "boss" tells them they have to log off now.