__________ is a mental disorder

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
We live in an insane world and anybody who thinks they are immune to insanity is highly delusional at best.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
words have power. If you don't believe this check out Stephen Fry's talk on how words are used during genocidal moments

Glad to see you can admit to your Delusional disorder, that's clearly the first step.

so i guess it's your turn now, eh?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
so i guess it's your turn now, eh?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
In this warped world everything seems to be insane. Farmers who feed the world struggle to make ends meet while ball players and entertainers light their cigars with 100 dollar bills.

That's more ethics, then sanity.

Maybe it's time to bring back the philosphers, eh?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
We witness insanity everyday and we sometimes embrace it.
This is not about Donald Trump but watch his rants and his
body language and statements that curl the hair of his supporters.
There are people who scheme to murder others and entire
nations and groups like ISIS. They are the definition of insanity
Language is a means of describing insane ideas but language
itself I don't think so.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
In this warped world everything seems to be insane. Farmers who feed the world struggle to make ends meet while ball players and entertainers light their cigars with 100 dollar bills.

No matter what, When you are the best at what you do, you could be lighting your cigars with 100$ bills.

That's more ethics, then sanity.

Maybe it's time to bring back the philosphers, eh?

I think so;) I love philosophy

Greatness is rewarded. Mediocracy is not. What's insane with that? Makes perfect sense to me.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I think so;) I love philosophy

Greatness is rewarded. Mediocracy is not. What's insane with that? Makes perfect sense to me.

Philosophy presents the moral questions. not the solutions.

True philosophy is a science which strives to know, rather than just know about.

What might be true for you will not be true for another given that circumstances are always different between people.

This goes against what you've been saying in the Wh ore thread about people pulling themselves up by their bootstraps.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Philosophy presents the moral questions. not the solutions.

True philosophy is a science which strives to know, rather than just know about.

What might be true for you will not be true for another given that circumstances are always different between people.

This goes against what you've been saying in the ***** thread about people pulling themselves up by their bootstraps.

And that's why people come to different conclusions. If you base your life on being a good little boy. Then your going to get different results then if you base your life on being a complete bad *** killer bad boy.

The same way that if I base my life on pulling up my bootstraps and I go to work hitting the ground hard and fast. I won't get the same result then if I sit at home and whine on the sideline at how unfair the whole system is and how we should change the rules of the game so that basically everyone gets a fair share no mater how mediocre they are.

Obviously the one who pulls up his boot straps will make his first million a lot quicker the. The second.

But everything is based on your attitude towards life.

In the end, we all get what we deserved.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Obviously the one who pulls up his boot straps will make his first million a lot quicker the. The second.

you're wrong.

There are many many people who've had to pull themselves up and have not gotten very far just like there are many people who've had life handed to them on a silver platter and have succeeded beyond measure.

To say one way is good for all is short sighted and illogical.