Msnbc progette becomes unhinged over Darth Vader

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Search Your Feelings, Melissa

MSNBC’s race-hustling bedlamite Melissa Harris-Perry wants to tell you about Star Wars:

I have a lot [of feelings] about the whole Darth Vader situation. Yeah, like, the part where he was totally a black guy whose name basically was James Earl Jones, who, and we were all, but while he was black, he was terrible and bad and awful and used to cut off white men’s hands, and didn’t, you know, actually claim his son. But as soon as he claims his son and goes over to the good, he takes off his mask and he is white. Yes, I have many, many feelings about that.

see here:

She gets quite breathless.

via:

davidthompson: Search Your Feelings, Melissa

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
First of all, she is an idiot. James Earl Jones NEVER played Darth Vader. He provided the VOICE of Darth Vader. He has been actually portrayed by several actors depending on the scene and what particular Vader skill was required.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
May be totally unrelated.........

But.............

A Texas school banned a seventh-grader from wearing his Star Wars t-shirt to class

Written by

Marc Bain
Obsession

Fashion
December 14, 2015

Guns are a hot issue in the US right now, given a recent spate of deadly mass shootings. At the same time, Americans of all ages are eagerly awaiting the Dec. 18 opening of a movie loaded with futuristic weapons and gunfights: Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
These two nationwide themes clashed recently at a Texas middle school, when seventh-grader Colton Southern was asked to cover his Star Wars t-shirt. The shirt depicted a Stormtrooper taking aim with a gun-like weapon, local ABC affiliate KTRK reported. Although George Junior High School administrators asked the boy to zip up his jacket, instead of reprimanding him, they nonetheless ignited a strong reaction from his family.
“It’s political correctness run amok,” his father Joe Southern told KTRK. “You’re talking about a Star Wars t-shirt, a week before the biggest movie of the year comes out. It has nothing to do with guns or making a stand. It’s just a Star Wars shirt.”
A spokesperson for the school district said the shirt was banned because it violates the school’s dress code, which prohibits “symbols oriented toward violence.” Joe Southern said his son had worn the t-shirt before without any problem.
The incident highlights growing unease around guns in the US, after the San Bernardino, California, shootings that killed 14 people and injured 17 more on Dec. 2. That tragedy has forced gun rights back into a national conversation, and one that is perhaps especially heated in Texas.

A Texas school banned a seventh-grader from wearing his Star Wars t-shirt to class - Quartz

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The actor who actually plays Darth Vader is an English bodybuilder and weightlifter called David Prowse.

James Earl Jones merely voices Darth Vader.

David Prowse is also known in Britain for playing a less menacing character - the Green Cross Code Man, a character used in British road safety advertising in the 1970s.

David Prowse

As the Green Cross Code Man in the 1970s

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The actor who actually plays Darth Vader is an English bodybuilder and weightlifter called David Prowse.

James Earl Jones merely voices Darth Vader.

he's also the wanker that told the spoiler about darth being luke's old man 2 years before the release. nobody likes him now. he can't even play in the reindeer games he's that shunned. what a prick.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
he's also the wanker that told the spoiler about darth being luke's old man 2 years before the release. nobody likes him now. he can't even play in the reindeer games he's that shunned. what a prick.

Spoilers are good. It saves you all the trouble and hassle of actually having to watch it.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Actually, I find the little prog's rant a little confusing. If she's upset with the way Star Wars "portrayed a Black man" you'd think she be super pissed over Lando Calrissian. He's the ONLY Black guy in the first three movies and he double deals and backstabs his best friend for profit.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Actually, I find the little prog's rant a little confusing. If she's upset with the way Star Wars "portrayed a Black man" you'd think she be super pissed over Lando Calrissian. He's the ONLY Black guy in the first three movies and he double deals and backstabs his best friend for profit.

I barely remember characters from the 1st 3 movies. I remember Anikan only because I knew he would become Darth Vader. And Jaja for his sheer annoyingness. Other than that, the 1st 3 movies are a wash for me. IV, V and VI have much more memorable characters.

I think you were perhaps referring to V (Empire Strikes Back) however.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I barely remember characters from the 1st 3 movies. I remember Anikan only because I knew he would become Darth Vader. And Jaja for his sheer annoyingness. Other than that, the 1st 3 movies are a wash for me. IV, V and VI have much more memorable characters.

I think you were perhaps referring to V (Empire Strikes Back) however.
By the first three movies I meant the first three that were released. And yes, I'm referring specifically to Empire Strikes Back. The same movie the little progette was so worked up over.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
May be totally unrelated.........

But.............

A Texas school banned a seventh-grader from wearing his Star Wars t-shirt to class

Written by

Marc Bain
Obsession

Fashion
December 14, 2015

Guns are a hot issue in the US right now, given a recent spate of deadly mass shootings. At the same time, Americans of all ages are eagerly awaiting the Dec. 18 opening of a movie loaded with futuristic weapons and gunfights: Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
These two nationwide themes clashed recently at a Texas middle school, when seventh-grader Colton Southern was asked to cover his Star Wars t-shirt. The shirt depicted a Stormtrooper taking aim with a gun-like weapon, local ABC affiliate KTRK reported. Although George Junior High School administrators asked the boy to zip up his jacket, instead of reprimanding him, they nonetheless ignited a strong reaction from his family.
“It’s political correctness run amok,” his father Joe Southern told KTRK. “You’re talking about a Star Wars t-shirt, a week before the biggest movie of the year comes out. It has nothing to do with guns or making a stand. It’s just a Star Wars shirt.”
A spokesperson for the school district said the shirt was banned because it violates the school’s dress code, which prohibits “symbols oriented toward violence.” Joe Southern said his son had worn the t-shirt before without any problem.
The incident highlights growing unease around guns in the US, after the San Bernardino, California, shootings that killed 14 people and injured 17 more on Dec. 2. That tragedy has forced gun rights back into a national conversation, and one that is perhaps especially heated in Texas.

A Texas school banned a seventh-grader from wearing his Star Wars t-shirt to class - Quartz

A T-shirt? Hell, Texas bans a lot of things from its schools - namely real science and actual history.