Goat given to Siberian tiger as a meal now bullies the big cat around

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Goat given to Siberian tiger as a meal now bullies the big cat around

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf7uRUjjAy8

A Siberian tiger at a safari park in Russia has been reduced to sleeping on the roof of its enclosure after it was kicked out – courtesy of the goat it was supposed to have eaten.

Officials at the Primorsky Safari Park in Shkotovsky, Russia are both surprised and a little perplexed after a goat – originally given to the Siberian (or Amur) tiger as a live meal – has instead taken to bullying the big cat around his own pen.

Officials at the zoo have since named the plucky goat Timur after a character in a Soviet-era children’s book.

“The goat was very brave, and every attack the tiger exhibited got a horn or attack in response,” park director Dmitry Mezentsev told RIA News in Russia. “The cautious tiger was confused, and he decided not to mess with the goat and ‘waved his paw’.”

Despite this seemingly antagonistic relationship, zoo officials say there’s also an undercurrent of friendship to the tiger/goat relationship.

“It looks like they are friends,” another zoo staffer told the Siberian Times. “Timur the goat has taken the tiger for a leader and follows him everywhere.”

NBC News reports that while Siberian tigers are still an endangered species, their numbers have stabilized somewhat to around 500 or so thanks in some part to the efforts of Russian President Vladimir Putin, who is a fan of the predatory cats.

source: Goat given to Siberian tiger as a meal now bullies the big cat around - National | Globalnews.ca

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
It is a stinky ole buck and they are mean and nasty critters. I wouldn't eat it either. They taste as fowl as they smell.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The goat has learned his skills from his great-great-uncle Steve, who managed to prevent the troll under the bridge from eating him, kicking him out of his home in the process.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
If they don't feed the tiger for a week, I think that goat will be history.. ;)

I doubt it. That goat is hard and will simply leather the tiger if he tries anything.

It is a stinky ole buck and they are mean and nasty critters. I wouldn't eat it either. They taste as fowl as they smell.

You're not a tiger, though.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Brings to mind the song.....hummm "why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends ....la la la la LOL

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
They should have killed the goad before they fed it to the tiger. Live meat is not necessary for big cats in the zoo.
People could learn from animals.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Humans are funny, especially when leaping to conclusions without basis. There are several reasons why that goat survived and the tiger avoided it. Think on it for a while and you might get one or two.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Option #2, the salt block has something natural other than salt that takes away fear in the goat and hunger in the tiger. I also know the odds of anybody here having an idea of what that could be is probably going to run a conservative 99.999%. I just love 'special places with special people'.