Men if you are Gay,Transgender,Bisexual,Welcome Home

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
Since these classifications of men are sometimes put to death, obviously their lives are in danger. As a result in addition to the women, children and families the men listed in the title will also be some of the 25,000 refugees eligible to stay in Canada.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Actually, I believe it applies to LGBT females as well as males as both are subject to persecution. I do wonder why one would assume that someone's sexual orientation would preclude them from being terrorists. Just sayin'

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I don't think it was remiss of the government to classify women and children as the most vulnerable and put them at the top of the list of refugees to be admitted.
Women and children have always been protected ahead of males. I think the reasoning for this originated with the belief that women are necessary for survival of the human race and that women are less able to defend themselves in threatening situations.
When a ship is sinking it is always the women and children who go into the lifeboats first.
When a country goes to war it is single men who are first conscripted.
It is chivalrous but it is also the premise that men are better able to defend themselves.

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
The news broadcast that I heard mentioned just men. Probably because men were not at the top of the list for coming to Canada. Women, children and families.