Where Were You 52 Years Ago Today

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
I realize that for those members under 50, this topic doesn't mean much. But for some of us over 50, what happened in Dallas was life changing.
I was 6 years old at the time. Being in grade 1 I idolized my teacher. From what I can remember someone talked to Mrs.Rose and she started to cry.it was very confusing to us why we were being sent home. It turned out that Mrs Rose was an American.
We lived in White Rock, right along the American border. So we had a very strong American influence.
I can see it in my mind now a friend and I walking up a hill and being very confused as to what was happening.
I guess a most people are still very confused as to what went on November 22, 1963 in Dallas.
I still am fascinated, when on tv they have a documentary on the Kennedy family.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I was seven. We heard about it from our teacher, as well.

I can also still remember snippets from the Cuban missile crisis, such as being taught to hide under our desks and my parents being very worried.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
That was my 2nd birthday. I actually remember that day as it unfolded on tv.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
I was fly fishing on a very good stream. I did not know that his philandering days were over until i got home late that night. I see all the b@tches have forgiven him and of course some of the guys who wanted his azz won.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I had just started the xmas seasonal work I did each year at sears in Burnaby, catalogue department, and all
of a sudden my boss came and told me what had happened, we were so stunned and horrified.
aside from his personal life, he was a president who drew everyone to him, a president who was in the
younger generation, and didn't separate himself lke those before him, and along with bobby they brought
the country into the present, understood the nastiness of segregation, took steps to stop it, and everyone
moved forward, he was a man needed in those times, he would have easily been elected for a second term,
and the country felt the loss in a big way.

I remember everything, we watched the funeral and all that happened around that event, including walter
Cronkite, who was very shaken as he announced to the world, what hat happened.

its too bad that those who actually don't know much about that time, do seem to dwell on his personal
failures, which didn't much affect his work, I guess bill Clinton is seen in a similar light, although
most seem to still like him, but enjoy trashing his wife, who held her head high and was the strength of
the two of them all thru his monica Lewinsky silliness.

ok, I'm rambling now, over and out ------------

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
52 years ago today I was -7 without even a countdown to launch yet.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
hehe I am a little slower than I was at 25 or 35 but still feel young. =)