Virginia Mosque Meeting Gets Ugly: ‘Every One of You Are Terrorists!’

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Virginia Mosque Meeting Gets Ugly: ‘Every One of You Are Terrorists!’

A presentation on plans for a new mosque near Fredericksburg, VA ended with a volley of racist rants made by members of the public.

According to WUSA 9, speaker Samer Shalaby was presenting plans for a new mosque the local Muslim community intended to build on property it already owned. The current Islamic Center is too small, as the community has grown steadily in recent years.

That’s when two men in attendance at the public meeting shouted down Shalaby with claims that all Muslims were “evil” and “terrorists.” The speaker said he didn’t expect such hostility.

“It just kept getting worse and worse,” Shalaby said. “People were pointing fingers and waiving arms.”

The first man to make a scene called what Shalaby and local Muslims were doing “evil,” which attracted some positive attention from the crowd. That’s when the second man came forward.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGLI2hgM9EE

“I’ll do everything in my power to make sure that does not happen. We don’t want it because you are terrorists. Every one of you are terrorists. I don’t care what you say,” he said. “You can smile at me. You can say whatever you want, but every Muslim is a terrorist.”

In addition, several community members in attendance expressed concern at the possibility the mosque might take in Syrian refugees (even though the topic never came up).

When the main instigator refused to back down at let the meeting continue, a local sheriff’s deputy broke up the public gather over public safety concerns.

Check out the clip on link, via WUSA 9.

source: Virginia Mosque Meeting Gets Ugly: ‘Every One of You Are Terrorists!’ | Mediaite

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
why don't they just take the place out like it was a pakistani wedding
with a drone

you know, be conservative
save wasting bullets on them women and little children an all...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
with a drone

This meeting didn't take place in Russia you know. They are carpet bombing all over Syria. Mostly targeting women and children.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
with a drone

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Eeeeew........that image I did not need in my head, Tec. Horse **** would have worked as well, doncha know.;-)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
“I’ll do everything in my power to make sure that does not happen. We don’t want it because you are terrorists. Every one of you are terrorists. I don’t care what you say,” he said. “You can smile at me. You can say whatever you want, but every Muslim is a terrorist.”

Such shameful bigotry!

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
sometimes it is good to understand why people feel the way they do. They may be wrong, they may have a point, but it is their right to be bigoted if they choose to be.
Jews. Blacks, Hispanics, etc., If they are not causing mayhem or murder and are still attacked, well, that is senseless bigotry.
People may feel differently about Muslims because of their utter devotion to their religion. Their duty is to the Quran. So they may live peacefully, they may even believe that they are peaceful. But if called upon by their religious leaders to rise up an eliminate the infidels, they would be duty bound to do it. That nice, friendly Muslim man whom everyone likes and trusts, if ordered to do so, would cut your head off in a heartbeat. Because the Quran clearly states, 'Kill the infidels wherever you find them".
That would give a lot of people reason to fear and mistrust Muslims.
I think the accusations should have been "You are all POTENTIAL terrorists". That might have conveyed their feelings more precisely.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
sometimes it is good to understand why people feel the way they do. They may be wrong, they may have a point, but it is their right to be bigoted if they choose to be.
Jews. Blacks, Hispanics, etc., If they are not causing mayhem or murder and are still attacked, well, that is senseless bigotry.
People may feel differently about Muslims because of their utter devotion to their religion. Their duty is to the Quran. So they may live peacefully, they may even believe that they are peaceful. But if called upon by their religious leaders to rise up an eliminate the infidels, they would be duty bound to do it. That nice, friendly Muslim man whom everyone likes and trusts, if ordered to do so, would cut your head off in a heartbeat. Because the Quran clearly states, 'Kill the infidels wherever you find them".
That would give a lot of people reason to fear and mistrust Muslims.
I think the accusations should have been "You are all POTENTIAL terrorists". That might have conveyed their feelings more precisely.

There's supposed to be over a Billion Muslims.

If they were all zealots we, infidels, would all be long dead by now.

And what of the Christian zealots inflaming some of the dumb African and South American leaders to kill gays because they are gay.

Are we to assume all Christians want all gays killed.....?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Ah yes.... doing something means more gun laws that never work or opening up the mental asylums.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Ah yes.... doing something means more gun laws that never work or opening up the mental asylums.
One thing that is disturbing here in the US. When a tragedy involving guns happens, and innocent lives are lost, the gun nuts instead of having a sensitive sense of compassion for the victims, go immediately on the defensive about their precious weapons.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
One thing that is disturbing here in the US. When a tragedy involving guns happens, and innocent lives are lost, the gun nuts instead of having a sensitive sense of compassion for the victims, go immediately on the defensive about their precious weapons.

Yet the gun controllers seem to have this strange idea that gun control would make them safe.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Why would they sympathize with the victim being used as a poster child for gun control?