Canada no longer America's biggest trading partner

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Canada no longer America's biggest trading partner

For the first time, China has replaced Canada as the United States’ largest trading partner.

According to the latest numbers from the U.S. Census Bureau, in the first nine months of this year, the value of imports and exports between the U.S. and China was US$441.6 billion. The U.S.- Canada trade relationship, meanwhile, was worth slightly less, at $438.1 billion.

But the reason behind the shift in numbers has less to do with trade volumes and more to do with falling oil prices.

The price of crude oil – which makes up the vast majority of Canadian exports to the U.S. -- has plummeted. So far in 2015, that’s helped send the value of Canada’s trade with the U.S. down almost 12 per cent from the same time last year, from $495 billion to approximately $438 billion.

And yet, the U.S. continues to buy large amounts of Canadian oil. It imported 101.3 million barrels of crude from Canada in September, according to the Census Bureau numbers -- the most this year.

source: Canada no longer America's biggest trading partner | CTV News

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Ohh. Well, I do not have much experience with things made in China. But MIL bought an expensive lamp. It had a circuit board in it with resistors, diodes, etc. that were made in CHina. The thing died before the warantee ran out. The replacement also had a short life.
We do not get Chinese or Pakistani stuff here anymore.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
We are broadening our export scope and America is being replaced by a series
of other nations not necessarily a bad thing

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
If anyone ever offers you a sense of humour, Bill, take them up on it as the one you had (if you ever had one in the first place) is worn out.
Perhaps you have had too many years alone in your dinghy with no social life except for talking to fish.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I only liked Michelob in the bottle. Especially when I would go fishing or work in the back yard on a hot day. Can't find it anymore so I don't drink anymore. As for rice actually the State of Arkansas provides a great portion of the worlds rice. Use to drive by the flooded rice fields by Jonesboro years ago when I lived there.