Ex-Uber Driver Jailed For Raping Female Client

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Ex-Uber Driver Jailed For Raping Female Client

A former Uber driver has been sentenced to 10 to 12 years in prison for kidnapping and raping a female client late last year.

Alejandro Done pleaded guilty on Friday to aggravated rape, kidnapping, and assault and battery.

Authorities said the 47-year-old agreed to drive the victim from Boston to her home in Cambridge in December 2014.

Done took the woman to an ATM after he told her he would need a cash payment.

He then drove her to a secluded location and sexually assaulted her, prosecutors said.

In a statement, Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan said: "The defendant preyed upon a young woman who trusted that he was who he portrayed himself to be.

Mr Ryan said the case should serve as a reminder for Uber clients to take precautions.

"While these apps are a modern convenience, they are not without their risks," he said.

"Customers should make sure to verify licence plates and car make and models before entering any vehicle, and remain active and aware of their surroundings."

Following Done's arrest in December, authorities announced that DNA evidence linked him to five other sexual assault cases dating from 2006 to 2010.

Done has pleaded not guilty to charges in those cases.

source: Ex-Uber Driver Jailed For Raping Female Client

So in oder to save a few dollars, she takes an Uber which is not licensed and get raped, very sad situation...

Taxi Drivers are licensed, FBI criminal checks are done before the Driver gets a Cab Decal or Permit to drive Taxi, at least when I lived in Los Angeles and worked for Long Beach Yellow Cab, that is the process I went through.. it protects the customer for predators.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yes local cabs are more expensive. That being said these guys have
invested a lot of money for license insurance and other fees to be
allowed to operate in local communities in positions of societal trust.
They are people who live work and pay taxes and follow a protocol
Uber well I wouldn't be all that trusting but that is a personal choice.
I think Uber needs to be part of the mainstream with full regulations
and fees applied like everyone else.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Rape should carry a life sentence.

Germany offers some of those convicted of sexual assault the alternative option of chemical castration.

Some human rights organizations argue that it is a violation of the convict's human rights due to undue pressure (i.e. accept chemical castration or serve your sentence).

The German government has countered that:

1. It's not undue pressure due to the fact that if chemical castration were not offered as an alternative, he'd have to serve his sentence anyeay. Therefore offering the option of chemical castration as an alternative does not add any pressure that is not already existent and moreover, it is giving him a choice he would not otherwise have had. And

2. The option us always offered to the convict in the presence of a physician to ensure his full and informed consent.

In spite of the German Government's arguments, some human rights activists continue to argue that offering him chemical castration when the alternative is years in prison still applies undue pressure even if he would have to serve his sentence anyway if the offer weren't nade.

As for myself, I side with the German government and do not consider offering the option of chemical castration to be applying undue pressure due to the fact that the government is in no way taking away his right to chose to serve his sentence instead should he prefer that option and also has safeguards in place to ensure that his consent us free, full, and informed. I personally do not see any human right violation by offering him an alternative to incarceration. In fact, I'd say that offering that alternative is even more conformant to human rights principles by eliminating the imposition of forced detention when a reasonable alternative is availabke.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Germany offers some of those convicted of sexual assault the alternative option of chemical castration.

Some human rights organizations argue that it is a violation of the convict's human rights due to undue pressure (i.e. accept chemical castration or serve your sentence).

The German government has countered that:

1. It's not undue pressure due to the fact that if chemical castration were not offered as an alternative, he'd have to serve his sentence anyeay. Therefore offering the option of chemical castration as an alternative does not add any pressure that is not already existent and moreover, it is giving him a choice he would not otherwise have had. And

2. The option us always offered to the convict in the presence of a physician to ensure his full and informed consent.

In spite of the German Government's arguments, some human rights activists continue to argue that offering him chemical castration when the alternative is years in prison still applies undue pressure even if he would have to serve his sentence anyway if the offer weren't nade.

As for myself, I side with the German government and do not consider offering the option of chemical castration to be applying undue pressure due to the fact that the government is in no way taking away his right to chose to serve his sentence instead should he prefer that option and also has safeguards in place to ensure that his consent us free, full, and informed. I personally do not see any human right violation by offering him an alternative to incarceration. In fact, I'd say that offering that alternative is even more conformant to human rights principles by eliminating the imposition of forced detention when a reasonable alternative is availabke.
Naw just give em life and let the general population give them what they have given. Rape is more violence than sexual anyway. Throw the parasites to the lions.